The online racing simulator
speech to text
(22 posts, started )
speech to text
i have seen lfs text appear at times when people couldnt possibly be typing it, is there speech to text apps being used for this??
Quote from sparkee :i have seen lfs text appear at times when people couldnt possibly be typing it, is there speech to text apps being used for this??

people will have gone to options and made some binds that they can then click a button and it shows the text.
try hotkeys

they are the f1-f8 commands that you set in options, and they can be like sorry and stuff
yeah i use these too, but i have seen people have conversations while driving and turning corners, way too much text to be typing as they go
Well maybe they nearly finished typing on the straight then finished a few letters in a long corner or pressed enter in the corner.
yep. +1 to pearcy. do it all the time.
Hypothetically, it could be possible when using an external (non-LFS) speech-to-text converter. Windows has such a thing built-in AFAIK.

Imagine driving a car via voice command: "turn 20° right at 64 mph, over-steer slightly"...makes you feel like commandeering a submarine
Quote from sparkee :yeah i use these too, but i have seen people have conversations while driving and turning corners, way too much text to be typing as they go

You should know that many players with a steering wheel can still type whole lotta message's on the straight, and press enter in the corners.

Though myself I can't do that, I always end up in the wall or into another car or so.
You can type anything you want while driving with a wheel, it might just be a case of other people being better at doing both things at once. Unless you use a mouse of course in which case it is impossible, as soon as you press 'T' the cursor and therefore steering wheel jumps to the centre and you are pretty much stuffed heh.
Typing whilst driving is easy... Just steer with your chin
Quote from JO53PHS :Typing whilst driving is easy... Just steer with your chin

And pray not to get wrecked.
Quote from JO53PHS :Typing whilst driving is easy... Just steer with your chin

Exactly the way to do it!
lol sparkee me and duck were not using it :P we just type quickly. just put the inside of your left elbow on the wheel and hands on the keyboard, and you can steer perfectly fine.
My keyboard is under the wheel so if I need to type something I do it quickly with two hands whilst nothing is holding the wheel then. Or one hand holding wheel and another one typing, that takes me +/- twice bigger amount of time.
Don't type just race
I have used a speech to text app - when running league races. I had a team of marshalls covering the corners and when they called an accident, that required a yellow flag - then I said a key word for that corner. When the accident cleared I would say another key word for that corner and the green would be displayed.

It was quite complex and occasionally messed up - but it was clear when it worked.
Quote from Mysho :My keyboard is under the wheel so if I need to type something I do it quickly with two hands whilst nothing is holding the wheel then. Or one hand holding wheel and another one typing, that takes me +/- twice bigger amount of time.

But as an alien you have 3 hands and 2 heads, well you did have when you were in the CD team

Hi Mysho, how you doing.....
ffb makes me not allowed to use my chin or chin

now that i think, every time i try to type i think something goes wrong
Quote from arrowkart4 :lol sparkee me and duck were not using it :P we just type quickly. just put the inside of your left elbow on the wheel and hands on the keyboard, and you can steer perfectly fine.

Its hard to drive with left elbow
Quote from logitekg25 :ffb makes me not allowed to use my chin or chin

now that i think, every time i try to type i think something goes wrong

You have 2 chins?
ooooooo mama

FAT!

speech to text
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG