The online racing simulator
Fast Bump & Rebound
(17 posts, started )
Fast Bump & Rebound
are we gonna have the Fast B&R settings for the F1 car ? cos i dont think it's a realistic way to set an F1 car suspension without those settings..plus, the GTR cars need them too IMO... what ya think ?
It would certainly be nice, but what we really need is the third spring setting that adjusts for downforce. This is a simple system that takes up the load for the downforce at speed and allows the ride height and regular springs to be set more easily.
plus 1 yup , but i personally think the fast B&R settings are as important as the third spring if not more important..especially for an F1 car.. and GTR cars either i guess..so im wonderinf if they've changed anythin... ??
#4 - wE1l
Quote from silent_wind :are we gonna have the Fast B&R settings for the F1 car ? cos i dont think it's a realistic way to set an F1 car suspension without those settings..plus, the GTR cars need them too IMO... what ya think ?

I doubt if it would be featured in the upcoming patch, but it is a must have for s3.
then the question is, will we have a realistic setting "approch" concerning the F1 car ? wont that F1 car end up with some wrong behavors over bumps & curbs without those fast settings ??
Indeed, I am curious to see what else they've changed / added if anything. They usually leave a thing or two for discovery, maybe they did this time too.

Not too long to wait to find out.

But yes, those things are important of course. I'm sure they'll get to it soon if they haven't already.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Indeed, I am curious to see what else they've changed / added if anything. They usually leave a thing or two for discovery, maybe they did this time too.

Not too long to wait to find out.

But yes, those things are important of course. I'm sure they'll get to it soon if they haven't already.

yeah, well let's hope so...
#8 - M.Mos
But you can be sure that F1 cars don't have liniear single springs like in LFS. So that needs to be fixed also. Most common is a dual spring system where you combine two springs to get a progressive characteristic. The only sim i know which has dual springs is RBR , there they are called helper spring afaik. But they are also called tender springs depending on the function they should provide.

Here is an example with some calcs. Looks like it would be pretty easy to implement. And if the numbers from this list would be taken , then we had would had more realistic setup options.
Progressive springs are a bit of a headache, don't think they are often used in racing? Often in road cars though.

4-way dampers are a must though (eventually).
Quote : 4-way dampers are a must though (eventually).

especially for the F1..i can't see it "working" properly without the 4 way dampers...it's just gonna be weired without them..really..
Quote from Bob Smith :Progressive springs are a bit of a headache, don't think they are often used in racing? Often in road cars though.

No progressive road car springs! Didn't say that. Said dual spring system.
Guess why its called ERS - Eibach Race spring system.
Dual Springs are a bad idea, because the second spring only comes into play when the first spring goes coil bound (or it's rate rises to meet the rate of the second spring). Thus you just have one shorter spring until you've used it all up, so why not design your suspension properly in the first place to use one spring?
Are you sure Tristan? Surely the force will be proportionally spread between the two springs?
That's from remember Caroll Smith off the top of my head. It doesn't sound right, but I'm sure that's what he said.
this is the first introduction of this car in lfs, and lfs isnt fully developed yet.
To be honest it won't be an F1 car without all the gadgest it should have. (As I have said many times earlier) I hope it won't be just and F08 with more aero and more power.

imho, of course.
Quote from Hallen :It would certainly be nice, but what we really need is the third spring setting that adjusts for downforce. This is a simple system that takes up the load for the downforce at speed and allows the ride height and regular springs to be set more easily.

Does the real life Sauber use third spring? I recall that not all of the F1 teams were?

I agree with tristan about dual springs, the only intelligent use of such is with a very largely different spring rate tender spring for certain practical applications. And yes, as I recall it is Smith's contention that the use of progressive spring setups or rising rate geometry is something to be approached with caution and consideration at the least, and better if you don't need to do it at all.

Third spring setups are definitely cool though, and would be nice to have for the single seaters in LFS.

Fast Bump & Rebound
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG