The online racing simulator
Simraceway
(9 posts, started )
Simraceway
Well guys, some of you may play rFactor and as you may know there is a new project that they setup called Simraceway. It is free to join and also offers a "pro Membership" for $5 +- per month. With your free membership you can enter into challenge/hotlap absolutley free of charge with the top 10 drivers winning $5 each which is appealing to alot of people.
Eimantas (oldnavy), the leader of simracing.lt brought the idea to the guys at Simraceway about developing and Live for Speed based Simraceway with the concept to run leagues with prize money on offer for top 10 drivers etc.
With everybody criticizing the development speed of LFS I think it would be a good way to boost LFS and the community.

Do you think this would be a success and would you support it? If not, why? And what could try be improved etc for it to work?

If you do support it, show your support to the developers of Simraceway here.
No! No! No!

Please no commercial shite in LFS.

Unless it really brings something for the community, and the devs, then its a no IMO.

The idea of winning money for sim racing is appealing, however, it leaves me wondering how much damage it might actually do in the long term.
Well i dont see anything bad there
#4 - Danke
IMO one of the biggest benefits of a site like simraceway is organizing which mods (out of the hundreds out there) people will be running in leagues. Since there are no additional cars and tracks to download for LFS it wouldn't fly that well.

Race2play is a similar site that organizes leagues for rfactor, gtr2, gt legends, etc. They tried LFS a few times (once was a private league run by me ) and it never flew. LFS people generally don't understand the benefit of a site like that. And race2play people didn't understand why you'd want to run mostly fake cars on entirely fake tracks.

If you want to see the LFS community's reaction to r2p, just do a search for race2play in this forum.
Quote from Danke :IMO one of the biggest benefits of a site like simraceway is organizing which mods (out of the hundreds out there) people will be running in leagues. Since there are no additional cars and tracks to download for LFS it wouldn't fly that well.

Race2play is a similar site that organizes leagues for rfactor, gtr2, gt legends, etc. They tried LFS a few times (once was a private league run by me ) and it never flew. LFS people generally don't understand the benefit of a site like that. And race2play people didn't understand why you'd want to run mostly fake cars on entirely fake tracks.

If you want to see the LFS community's reaction to r2p, just do a search for race2play in this forum.

You can't have additional tracks in LFS, but you can use tweak to change car specifications.
Simraceway can go f*** themselves.

Some of you obviously haven't seen the outrage they have caused in the modding community.

Go and do some research.
Agreed, they are a bunch of wankers.
Quote from The Moose :Simraceway can go f*** themselves.

Some of you obviously haven't seen the outrage they have caused in the modding community.

Go and do some research.

Because they make money with other peoples mods?
Exactly! And they even don't take these mods off the site although the modding teams (eg CTDP or GSMF) have asked them several times for it.

Simraceway
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG