The online racing simulator
Not enought points to race on online servers
Hi. I've been racing in single player for quite some time now, and thought I'd try out multiplayer. But none of the servers I have tried yet allows me to enter the race because I do not have enough experience points. Is there any server where I can start off collecting points?
(FM)Fox Junkies

You cant join many Airio Servers because they have like a 200 EI experience rating. Earn points at Fox Junkies then try the others.
Thanks, I'll check it out.
No its a little bug...

You should have been able to join. Its getting fixed
Quote from Skagen :... and thought I'd try out multiplayer. But none of the servers I have tried yet allows me to enter the race because I do not have enough experience points.

I think there's currently only one server requiring the (online) experience points to drive even the slowest cars. I know you run into troubles also on one other server, but that was because of the system little bug (apparent only under the specific settings there), corrected now.
Points required for joining
Redline Racing demo servers use airio and we allow any driver to use XFG but require you to have 100 points to drive the XRG.
You could try Ironhorse Racing, but this is also a risk because you may get banned without doing anything wrong like me (I'm also banned from Ironhorse Rally btw and never raced there)

They've also dared to ban DucK, azzak4 and some other good drivers without doing any mistake.

So i would recommend you to get involved in a league (Apex Cup or NDR leagues for example). it's way better than racing on public servers.
yep and all 6 S2 servers are free for everyone too. Only Redline Racing 8 disallows the LX6 until you gained 200 race points with the LX4 on that server.

@Timo: Hi Nachbar aus der schönsten Stadt am Rhein
Hi JFFR

Ich wohne aber nich direkt in Köln sondern um genau zu sein zwischen Köln und Aachen xD

Hoffentlich kriegen wir jetz keinen ärger weil man hier ja eig englisch sprechen sollte
Quote from Timo1992 :You could try Ironhorse Racing, but this is also a risk because you may get banned without doing anything wrong like me (I'm also banned from Ironhorse Rally btw and never raced there)

They've also dared to ban DucK, azzak4 and some other good drivers without doing any mistake.

So i would recommend you to get involved in a league (Apex Cup or NDR leagues for example). it's way better than racing on public servers.

Rally doesn't exist anymore, Oval is on the same Airio as our Multiclass so if you are banned from one you are banned from both.

Duck's ban is now lifted and is documented with a replay on our forums but don't let facts get in the way of your whinge.

azzak4 is a name I don't remember so I can't comment on that one without looking into it further.

Regardless of your rant, Ironhorse Racing is no good for him anyway until he reaches 200 LFSEI, when he does he will be welcome to try.
Quote from menantoll :Regardless of your rant, Ironhorse Racing is no good for him anyway until he reaches 200 LFSEI, when he does he will be welcome to try.

Are users warned about this ?
If there is a lack of information, then this could put off new users.
Quote from Timo1992 :... you may get banned without doing anything wrong like me ... They've also dared to ban DucK, azzak4 and some other good drivers without doing any mistake.

Though it is not on me to defend/explain anyone, I'd like to add a few comments to this interesting notion: "They DARED to ban some good drivers."

Sounds like such people should be protected and called demigods just because they're fast? I'm afraid it doesn't work that way on any public server. I hold great respect to any WR holder, but I would never hesitate to ban him for a time if he's spoiling the server atmosphere. How could that be possible? Read on.

Great driving skills are cool and they're great to use during pro-like private/series racing, but they need to be adjusted (quite a lot) to public servers. Fast people can't expect everyone around handles the car just as well as they do and know where to leave space and when to close a gap. Anyone expecting such professionality from average LFS people will end up crashed, pretty soon every other race.

Very often this leads to abuses of other drivers, swearing, calling admins/server various names, because they're not banning "crashers", and inevitably in the end by getting a ban (short one, hopefully). See the logic? It is not possible to ban average people just because they're not pro-like. And if pro-like people cannot adjust and start shouting, it can have only one conclusion...
Quote from Bean0 :Are users warned about this ?

You make a good point. We have posted about it in the hosts section on this forum, we have made a news item about it on our own website, we have a command to explain LFSEI where it is mentioned and when they are spectated for trying to join the track they are told they don't have enough LFSEI (I must check the actual message)

Any more suggestions would be welcomed but I don't want IHR to take over this thread. Our post about it is here http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=67254
I think he means arrowkart4 by saying 'azzak4'

He was banned when I reported him simply because he first switched positions with me before the race started, then I switched back, obviously.. so on T1 he crashed me on purpose, and I reported him. He is, in fact, an idiot.
EQ explained it perfectly.
Quote from Bean0 :Are users warned about this ?

Some users don't read at all.. No matter how big the font size is. It's better if they are put off because it often is an early indication of driving behavior.

^-- might replace that with most.
i had to check the title of this thread a few times.
to the OP. post 5 and the first 5 words in post 8 is good advice. the rest is just rant and counter rant with a sprinkling of forum whoring.
when you join a server with airo running on it, it usually has the basic rules in a popup window within the game.
also, try to explain that you're new to LFS and any help getting you onto the track is welcomed. i'm sure if there's an admin or maybe even a few regular drivers around that would be happy to help.
The Rules apply to everyone being fast is great, being fast and leaving your ego in the pits...priceless.
Respect comes from actually giving a damn about everyone you race against, fast or slow, I have genuine respect for these drivers, ( and there are more than you think)they stand out every time I see them.
Don't know where this latest EXP point system is going but I have concerns about it if becomes the norm, when I joined LFS I could race on any public server and benefited from watching more experienced drivers.

New drivers are the lifeblood of LFS show them how to drive by example, if they Mess about and disrupt the racing THEN exclude them.
Quote from Bmxtwins :(FM)Fox Junkies (...) Earn points at Fox Junkies then try the others.

Thanks again, had alot of fun on Fox Junkies this evning, although I kept to the back of the grid most of the time to avoid ruin other peoples game.

And thanks for all the replies.
Quote from JohnPenn :Don't know where this latest EXP point system is going but I have concerns about it if becomes the norm, when I joined LFS I could race on any public server and benefited from watching more experienced drivers. New drivers are the lifeblood of LFS show them how to drive by example, if they Mess about and disrupt the racing THEN exclude them.

The LFS Experience Index is intended primarily to allow LFS veterans to pick up any car on (Airio FULL/PROS) multiclass servers, because there were valid complaints about having to start repeatedly with slow cars whenever a new server becomes popular. There is currently only one server using EI to actually prohibit any racing for LFS newbies. The limit is set to 200 there (Intermediate level) and it is the nature of LFSEI to grow fast from the start. I think getting from 0 to 200 will not take more than a week of one or two hours a day racing on other servers. And this ensures new people gain basic understanding of LFS and the racing principles.

I completely agree that too many limits on new people could hurt LFS and I'd hate to see EI used extensively and with high demands. But my private opinion is this will not happen, because server popularity depends on new and average drivers, not on a few veterans with alienish lap times. Attempts to create servers with too many limitations are failing repeatedly.
Back in the good ol' days, people used to run 3 lap races with 3 x AI on Pro level to get the required points to unlock the faster cars.

I suppose it is totally possible for people to host a game and race on their own to do the same with LFSEI ?
Assuming that doing this will add online stats to lfsworld then I'd say yes they could do this.
something like the server allowing a rookie 3 races to establish a safety rating and also a lap time. if they don't meet the requirements by the end of their third race, they can no longer race.
#25 - SKD
can you tell me what i have to do to earn lfsei points?
do i need to be good in races or is it about driven mileage oder what?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG