The online racing simulator
Rollcage colour
(8 posts, started )
Rollcage colour
This is something I've noticed for a while. At some point, the skins I made for S2 stopped colouring the rollcage. Is there still a way to colour the rollcage in cars like the XFR and XRR or are we stuck with white?
If I remember good, you can set rollcage color in skin file, in bottom right corner, there's little rollcage shaped thingy
I noticed the same thing on certain car models (still works on some of the gtr's) see pics attached the cage is clearly painted red yet in game/skin viewer it still shows white :

Attached images
xfrcage.jpg
xfrcagepre.jpg
It's the cars that have been remodeled. I guess the rollcage texture is not in a dds file somewhere.
It could potentially be recolored in game using the same sliders as to color your rims. I'm not sure though.
#5 - 5tag
I've never noticed it because I find coloured rollcages to be bad looking but go to your LFS Viewer folder/map_info/XFR_info.jpg or any other of the GTR's.

I just checked it, only XFR and XRR have the missing map for the roll cage. With the updated interieurs they also got finer modeled roll cages with textures on them (holes and welding seams).
You need to edit XRcage.dds.

The prokit you're using above isn't up to date, the mirrors are different and the rollcage doesn't exist on it any more.
I'm getting the impression that the cages for the XFR and XRR have to be the same across the board. If I edit the dds file that basically means that all of that car type in the game will have the same cage colour. Methinks I'll submit this as a bug. I know it's not a bug per se and it's a minor thing but it still irritates me.
I know a way to make theme separate, but I think thats a bit illegal posting it here...

Rollcage colour
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG