The online racing simulator
CTRA-like
(55 posts, started )
It's just a game, you have right!, and with this speed of developement it'll never become a lifestyle for me
Quote from Becky Rose :

It is impossible to generate good sentiment amongst users as an admin. You are there to handle complaints. Therefor, whenever someone speaks to you they are already complaining - CTRA dismissed over 30% of all submitted reports, and that doesnt include the reports where the reportee was at fault but filed a complaint anyway. Yet all of those reports had a real person behind it - capable of word of mouth advertising - who expected the admin to action and penalise somebody.

Sounds like Customer Service to me... and unless you implented a team of non-playing MMORPG GM style admins to watch over it, and official servers that required a charge to be used it's quite simply not going to work.

Quote from Becky Rose :

I know there's a lot out there, over the last 30 years i've written over 100 of them. You wont demotivate me that easily ! And yes, the current project is quite special, it has a unique art style from a well established game asset artist, the music will kick ass too. But as i'm writing it, the gameplay will be simple and there'll be lots of bugs !

Good luck, Becky, I hope you find the time to finish it and polish it off etc... Myself I've been working on a few little projects this year, no-where near finished but am determined to finish them this time and perhaps throw them in the bin or maybe even try to use to get a job.
Quote from cargame.nl :Nothing to do with annyythhingg CTRA was known for though. I did my history and it is just interesting to know why some of you are so heavily into LFS that it almost is a lifestyle.

Don't get me wrong, I all respect your religion but in the end its still just a game

From a social point of view it is one of the weirdest games I've ever seen. Not necessarily negative by the way, just challenging.

well, not a lifestyle, just a racing game that I find to be the best choice for myself to have some challenging fun
I am also interested in software and web developement and I am online a lot for professional reasons,
and regarding the racing itself I simply want to get as much as possible from my very limited time I have
I can only regret I am not a teenager any more... why, oh why didn't I have LFS then
Quote from pandera :well, not a lifestyle, just a racing game that I find to be the best choice for myself to have some challenging fun
I am also interested in software and web developement and I am online a lot for professional reasons,
and regarding the racing itself I simply want to get as much as possible from my very limited time I have
I can only regret I am not a teenager any more... why, oh why didn't I have LFS then

It's not so much that the game becomes a lifestyle, however a lot of people take Racing seriously, and this is a way of racing, on the cheap, in a serious manner.

It's more that the game was born of the lifestyle, not the other way around, even if you put a lot of money into buying gaming steering wheels and simulation hardware, LFS still stops miles short of actually buying a car, burning a few gallons of petrol and buying replacement parts. You can also hit the track a bit more frequently.

I know several of the games "players" are regulars at their local kart track/racing track. This game/sim (however you describe it) offers more realism per pound than anything I've certainly tried in the past.
[LLM]Bump n' Jump

Just started but already a good amount of interest

CTRA-like
(55 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG