The online racing simulator
Hotlapping - with time limit (1 h)
Hi all,

I hope it hasn't been proposed before, but this is my idea:
why not have the option do to a "1 h - hotlap"? What I mean is, you have a time limit of 1 h (or less, possibly adjustable) and your goal is to finish as many laps as possible... (or race as many meters as possible).
I think that would add another interesting feature to hotlapping, because then you would have to make strategic choices... when to change tires... when to refuel.. with how much fuel to start... etc.
It would also be a perfekt training for longer races...

What do you think?

Greets, Stefan
#2 - filur
I'd like it, maybe it's possible with a "third-party" hotlap parser/website.
Isn't that how endurance races work?
#4 - ORION
yes, you set the race length to one hour and wait for someone to finish first
#5 - filur
Hotlapping by yourself would be mighty different i guess.
As filur said, I'm not talking about RACES, but about hotlaps...hotlaps which require "race" setups and strategic skill instead of "one lap" setups and cars with fresh tires and almost no fuel... would be a nice change...?
If i'm being perfectly honest, i think i would get bored racing around on my own. Though i can see your point I want the dev's to wack on a extra decimal point to make the WR's even closer
isn't this already at lfsworld??, under charts u see people who have done most laps/kms/won races/finshed races, i know u mean "alone", but i don't see a point, anyway, who would like to watch a replay of one hour (think of the sizes), just to find out your strategy, or even better, how frustrated are u going to be if u have 1 hr hotlap session, and then u have 10 secs left and u fly onto the grass, HLVC: failed...

but anyway...i really wouldn't use this feature, maybe on BL2/XFG tho...
On a small note, LFS World will not allow you to upload hotlaps with a size like that.
Hmmm, how about instead of having a time for 1 hotlap, have an average time of 2-3 hotlaps done one after the other, so in essence this would reward a more complete driver who can be consistent, and keep the hotlap whores in check.
Quote from wheel4hummer :Isn't that how endurance races work?

YES!
Quote from Gretzkyyzerman :Hotlapping - with time limit (1 h)

NO!
OK, I see, one hour may be too long, how about 15 min then? still a challenge compared to the one-lap-hotlap

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG