The online racing simulator
G27 Leds - It can be done
(7 posts, started )
Hey, so I found out that logitech has an SDK for controlling the leds. It is located at C:\Program Files\Logitech\Gaming Software\Logitech_SDK_For_PC_1.00.002.zip
I have looked at the documentation, and found this:
Quote :Steering.Wheel.SDK/PlayLeds(INT.index,FLOAT.currentRPM,FLOAT.rpmFirstLedTurnsOn,FLOAT.rpmRedLine)

NAME
HRESULT PlayLeds(INT index, FLOAT currentRPM, FLOAT
rpmFirstLedTurnsOn, FLOAT rpmRedLine) -- play LEDs on G27.

INPUTS
index - index of the game controller.
currentRPM - current RPM.
rpmFirstLedTurnsOn - RPM when first LEDs are to turn on.
rpmRedLine - just below this RPM, all LEDs will be on. Just above,
all LEDs will start flashing.

SEE ALSO
SampleInGameImplementation.cpp or SteeringWheelSDKDemo.cpp to see
an example.

So the task is just to recieve outgauge packets from lfs, read them and set the G27's leds. But unfornatunely I don't have enough experience in this, can someone look into it?

//edit: Oh, I have found a thread, which already discussed this.
it can work, im sure of it, but i just dont know how to program stuff well enough. i just wish someone who knows about programing would kindly play around with it and see what they could do. I know it will work, just i cant pull it off lol
Well I'm currently trying something, but I need to download a lot of SDKs to even load the logitech SDK

I give up, it's just out of my league.
FanaLEDs
5+ years too late mate...
Quote from Whiskey :5+ years too late mate...

Well I just got here and found this site with this post. So clearly I, as others, will still be looking for ways to make this feature work. All I found here was all this. An app seems easier. Someone may find this useful, even if you didn't. And the thread isn't closed so...
Either way it's a great game and new players are still showing up. New players need new info. And info helps everyone.

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG