The online racing simulator
Logitech Forumla Force Wheel Dead - Replacement recommendations
My trusty and overworked Logitech Formula Force has died. As an emergency measure I want to order one from the internet tonight.

Currently I think I will get a Logitech MOMO Racing Force Feedback, but I wanted some opinions and suggested decent price as I notice they are the same in Dollars as Pounds. In UK based, so a UK source makes most sense...
#2 - SamH
A lot of folks seem seriously impressed with the Logitech Driving Force Pro. Officially it's a PS2 wheel, but it's USB and comes with drivers for the PC.

One of our "lot" just got one and is loving it.
LOL! I asked the same question today over at the CRC site (thread). Im looking for a MOMO and Im UK based, finding stockists is easy, finding ones with items in stock is no so... Any further help people? Please??!
OMG, it looks awesome, anyone have firsthand experience? If I'm blowing £80 it might as well be teh Daddy...
#5 - wE1l
any of you aware of the permanent can't-get-full-throttle problem with momo (barring dfp perhaps)?

am using a MS sidewinder ff, £30 pounds, second hand, sturdy like a tank.
Quote from Seahorse :OMG, it looks awesome, anyone have firsthand experience? If I'm blowing £80 it might as well be teh Daddy...

You don't need to read any user experiences. It's probably the most popular wheel currently and that should tell something.
Fair enough, but I haven't managed to find anything that tells me that. Just read some individual reviews, but can't find any head-to-head comparisons.

Assuming that it is the best and I AM GOING SHOPPING TONIGHT, I can find the Logitech Driving Force Pro on Amazon for £84 and free P&P, can anyone offer a better price?

Actually I found it at Savastore - but they have a horrendous Rep, this seems a better option £62 at Dabs, fiver delivery.
get a DFP
Chalk that vote up...
DFP/Microsoft Sidewinder FF.
Very good wheel, the DFP.
-
(BWX232) DELETED by BWX232 : oops

Use old pedals as a clutch...
I bought a MOMO over a DFP because a) I wanted good paddles, b) I didnt want 900 degree rotation, c) I much prefer the look of the momo, d) I wanted to be able to move the gear shifter to the left side and e) I didnt want my wheel plastered with playstation buttons. All little things but the momo suited my needs best.

I got it from Savastore for about £60, delievered quick, no problems at all. Owned it for about a year now, never had any trouble with the pedals.

One problem I have had is that sometimes the steering in LFS centers whilst im still holding the wheel at an angle, moving it just a fraction returns the steering in LFS to the correct angle. This ONLY happens in LFS though so I guess it related to that. Tested with GTR/GTL/RBR and all number of other games and its fine
How do you hook them up? Two controllers running at same time?

/me gets ready to go out to the dustbins...
#15 - XsX!
buy the dfp
worth it, trust me
I have a momo too and the DFP is a much higher quality wheel.. the pedals after revision B00 are also much better on the DFP.. They have [edit]big fat metal pats that work flawlessly after more than a year of constant abuse. The Momo's pedals are worthless (unless they got the big metal pot treatment lateley).... My momo is in the bottom of a closet.. The momo also has a big plastic bushing that loosens up almost instantly and makes the wheel very sloppy and it basically self destructs. The DFP has a real metal bearing that lasts through many years of abuse. The paddles are bigger on the Momo, but there is also a history of them breaking.. That is the only thing I really miss about the Momo, but you get used to the DFP shifter paddles easily, and they work fine..

If the Momo had more rotation or if it had a metal bearing or if it had better pedals it would be a much better wheel.. Also another thing to think about is that the DFP takes up a lot less space. If changing the shift stick to the left is a huge deal to you, get the Momo though.
Quote from Seahorse :OMG, it looks awesome, anyone have firsthand experience? If I'm blowing £80 it might as well be teh Daddy...

Bought it from the exact same site. First one they sent was broken

Second one though was perfect, it is a good wheel for a good price
Quote from Seahorse :How do you hook them up? Two controllers running at same time?

/me gets ready to go out to the dustbins...

yes... it works fine in most sims. I just clamp the wheel to the leg of my table out of the way- or you can turn off the FF and lay it on the floor out of the way somewhere. Those old pedals I have for the clutch are from the Original Driving Force. The Momo and it's pedals are still in the closet because the old driving force pedals (many years old now) are so much better than the Momo's.. (only a couple years old)..
DFP for £59.99 inc VAT (edit : think its about £5 or £6 delivery)
http://www.ebuyer.com/customer ... WV3&product_uid=75536

I got my dfp from there, they deliver when they say and no problems.
The dfp i found is a good wheel. I rarely use the full 900 but on the uf1, xfg, xrg and sometime times the ufr, xrt i use 720 so what i turn the game turns and IMO its great.
The shifter being on the right is something you would get used to very easily. As for all the playstation buttons true, but means can put loads to your wheel ( ive got - restart, quick pit, horn, pit lane speed limiter, hand brake, clutch (i dont have another set of pedals) "sorry my bad", "np" hazzards, indicator left, indicator right, indicator/hazzards off, look left, look right and ofcourse gear change)
I got the dfp over the momo as i wanted the option of 720 rotation and as i wanted more buttons as i had read people saying it needs more.

Saying this though, i have never used a momo and so i cannot compare between the 2.
Quote from danowat :Driving force pro, if you are feeling flush add a Frex kit and a Momo 11 wheel to it, then when the pedals go TU, get some others.

Darkplanets for £58.98 > http://www.darkplanets.co.uk/p ... ech-driving-force-pro.asp

Dan,

As above but put a Sparco LN285 on it. It's ready drilled.
Quote from Greboth :DFP for £59.99 inc VAT (edit : think its about £5 or £6 delivery)
http://www.ebuyer.com/customer ... WV3&product_uid=75536

Literally just odered that about 10 mins ago. Should be delievered on Friday, just in time for the weekend. I'll cry if it doesn't come though.
Replace old wheel
Hi there,

It seems to be a good time to replace my old wheel now, with the upcoming patch. After reading this thread, I decided to go for a DFP. Unfortunately, it isn't available in Holland at the moment, so I have a choice between the Logitech Formula force EX and the Logitech MOMO racing, with the last one being seriously more expensive. Any pro's/con's for one another?
OK, decison made - DFP it is.. Darkplanets, next Day delivery £64.88 incl P&P. So Fri I guess...

Quote from danowat :Driving force pro, if you are feeling flush add a Frex kit and a Momo 11 wheel to it, then when the pedals go TU, get some others.

Darkplanets for £58.98 > http://www.darkplanets.co.uk/p ... ech-driving-force-pro.asp

Dan,

Frex Kit? Momo 11 - some linkage please...

Quote from Doorman :As above but put a Sparco LN285 on it. It's ready drilled.

Ditto mate...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG