The online racing simulator
Suggestions for KY2 FZR or XRR 41 laps
(6 posts, started )
Hi everybody,

on monday evening I will take part in the 2nd race of the new german City Liga season. The track is KY2 and the GT2's will be driven there with the MoE restrictions of the last season, which ended yesterday.
So FXR is of course a No-Go and not many people will drive it in the race.

I tested different things like FZR with R2/R2 (currently fastest option for me) and XRR with R3 full, which wont need a pit stop because of the race distance(41 laps). FZR definitely needs a pit stop, R2's wont last til the end.

My question goes to the faster guys in the MoE Gt2 yesterday: What would you suggest to me, taking a risk with FZR R2 full and driving low 41s from the beginning (with pit stop) on or driving with XRR R3, doing high 41s and without any pitstop?

I'm quite unsure about the situation now, hope someone gives me a good solution.

Regards, Timöööö
depends on when you pit i guess... half a second over 30 laps might be enough to avoid sacrificing too many positions.
You'll loose about 40 sec to pit and change tires (no refueling) on ky2.
This means that if you can hold pace (average lap) of under 1 sec slower with XR2 it will pay off (of course if tires last).

But what I would suggest is to try R2 R3 tires with FZ2 (as rear tires can last between 34-39 laps). Front right might be worrying in R2 R3 combo, but then again try a different line in T1 (brake more in a straight line) and T4 (easier turn in, and straighter exit) to save it, but to be honest fronts will be used even less with R3s in the back as car will get very oversteery.
Ok I drove a test race one hour ago. And I can say I'm really happy with my performance because the R2 R2 on the FZR lasted until lap 40 (driving back into the oval part). I did the last lap with a puncture but had a big advantage over the guys behind me, so I got onto P3.

I will definitely use FZR, I'm quite sure with avoid some heavy braking etc. they will last til the end.
And I had the 2nd fastest lap time with 1:40.62, of course could be even better with some luck.

Anyways thanks NIKI and bunder for your tips

Greetz, Timo
No risk no reward. FZR R2/R2 all the way.

Can run low 41s to low 40s (depending on how fast you are and your set). XRR R3 will get ridiculously low temp tires and you will probably be slower after 25-30 laps.

Take enough fuel for the whole race at the start, don't refuel as Niki said. Pit at end of stint, take your tires and finish the race. You should be fine.

EDIT: Balls, me going to the bathroom made me late.
In fact I finished without pitting and in that league is no pit stop required so I wont pit tomorrow too

(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG