The online racing simulator
F1 Simulator using LFS
(30 posts, started )
F1 Simulator using LFS
This group is asking for donations to continue the development of a hydrolic driven F1 simulator. When I first saw it, I was impressed. After about a minute into the video, I recognized the sounds and brake patten. They are racing on the Blackwood circuit using LFS to drive the program.

I don't know what to think... I think that LFS should have been mentioned as the program. That video has over 400,000 views. That would have been some great advertising!

Something interesting to add... In the video, the people are talking in French. They are asking for donation to continue the project, the youtube account is registered to someone in the United States. Sounds kinda Dirty to me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF_dnGVbXkM
#2 - Hahmo
Very nice indeed. Hope to get that kind of a seat someday
Quote from screenracer :This group is asking for donations to continue the development of a hydrolic driven F1 simulator. When I first saw it, I was impressed. After about a minute into the video, I recognized the sounds and brake patten. They are racing on the Blackwood circuit using LFS to drive the program.

I don't know what to think... I think that LFS should have been mentioned as the program. That video has over 400,000 views. That would have been some great advertising!

Something interesting to add... In the video, the people are talking in French. They are asking for donation to continue the project, the youtube account is registered to someone in the United States. Sounds kinda Dirty to me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF_dnGVbXkM

+1 to that!
If i was on that machine, id definatly throw up lols
#4 - Mysho
"Look how he's driving... it's damn Schumacher"
Anyway, great simulation machine
#6 - w126
It seems the device is produced by this Czech company: http://www.motion-sim.com/

The copy of the video you linked to and the donation links look very fishy indeed.
perisoft also makes motion simulators.
Waiting for him to hit red barriers and watch him fly out of the machine lool

Still it looks great, but abit too extreme?
It looks fun, and almost as dangerous as real racing if certain parts fail...
Quote from lukelfs :Waiting for him to hit red barriers and watch him fly out of the machine lool ?

A valid point i think ... also post race crashers ...

However ...it does look fun , fast also , I want 1 !!!
Look very cool, but can't get the idea of this big moving up - down - left - right ...

It is OK, but I think that they shoud make the moving shorter - now it is like riding a stunt motorbike ..

Sometimes his legs was on the level on his head !?

Otherwise, It is pretty good for us that they use LFS in this simulation!
This dude cant drive for shit, what a noob lol
Quote from AudiBG :Look very cool, but can't get the idea of this big moving up - down - left - right ...

It is OK, but I think that they shoud make the moving shorter - now it is like riding a stunt motorbike ..

Sometimes his legs was on the level on his head !?

Otherwise, It is pretty good for us that they use LFS in this simulation!

the extreme movements are simply to use your own bodyweight to generate g-forces...
ideally, you would want to use it in a dark room, so as not to have any visual reference points other than the screen itself.

ever hop in a carnival ride that lets you spin forward freely? think about what you feel as it pauses to let others on....
Quote from z-ro 8 :the extreme movements are simply to use your own bodyweight to generate g-forces...
ideally, you would want to use it in a dark room, so as not to have any visual reference points other than the screen itself.

ever hop in a carnival ride that lets you spin forward freely? think about what you feel as it pauses to let others on....

Correct, the idea is the earth is always generating "1g". Sitting or standing straight up you don't feel it as your body is designed to hold it's self up. But when you are tipped back, it simulates the felling of the g-force by tipping you back. It might look over done, but I think that a F1 car can generate more then 1g of force on turns and acceleration.
i thought i read about the FD 401 it can generate up to 4g's using your own weight....
Quote from DoC_uk :A valid point i think ... also post race crashers ...

Obviously from a health and safety point of view (and common sense) there are limits on the acceleration. If the software sees an accelerative force of 30Gs (for example in the event of a crash) the actual movement will be limited to a more safe level.
Quote from amp88 :Obviously from a health and safety point of view (and common sense) there are limits on the acceleration. If the software sees an accelerative force of 30Gs (for example in the event of a crash) the actual movement will be limited to a more safe level.

What he said except for accelerative no such word .

AAnt
Quote from z-ro 8 :i thought i read about the FD 401 it can generate up to 4g's using your own weight....

Its possible, but the amount of time you'll feel that 4 g's will be less than a second. The only way for that machine to simulate 4 g's is to accelerate the person at 39.2 meters per second per second (130 feet/s^2). If you want to simulate 4 g's of lateral g's for let's say - 2 seconds, you'll need 78 meters (85.3 yards) of free space for the seat to move. You'll be feeling something close to 1g most of time.

An alternative to that would be strapping yourself to a centrifuge, which could easily generate 4g's of centripetal force for a long time - but it has to be spinning at a ludicrous speed.
reading comments of that video on youtube made my head hurt.
David from Force Dynamics here... these guys aren't authorized by us, and we didn't give them permission to use our design elements in their machine.

The chances of them independently developing everything from basic geometry to strut design to the strut mounts to screen position, rotation axis center, and the stainless steel drive track around the machine, are... small. Unfortunately there isn't a lot we can do about it except try to make sure people know what's really going on.

I find it somewhat ironic that someone passed off their video as his own work, without asking, and is trying to make money from it in an entirely different country!
Quote from Mysho :They're speaking Czech and they're only rumouring about the driver and LFS. There already is a provider of this in Czech Republic called Force Dynamics 301.

Yes they are czech, but it is not fd 301. It is theyr own project

F1 Simulator using LFS
(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG