The online racing simulator
what when safety rating goes below? [ironhorse servers]
at ironhorse server my rating went below 80. not that im crasher ofcourse, but anything happens at starts, tight chicanes, lag issues, or just spinning out of track blah blah....
so, what now?
cos this is only server which is full and interesting to drive?
i was at cargame, but was only one with xrg too many times
what?
#3 - VoiD
Uhm. Continue racing with the XRG until you get your SR back up?
tnx void, didnt find something exactly on that forum, but i can pick xfg(just found out now). bwah, fwd is boring
Ironhorse is going downhill anyway, so no need to worry about Safety Ratings, the server will be dead soon enough.
Quote from Mango Juice :Ironhorse is going downhill anyway, so no need to worry about Safety Ratings, the server will be dead soon enough.

How would you know how IHR servers are going? You were permabanned about 20 days ago. Typical banned user post. You did something stupid enough to get permabanned so now you want to spoil the fun for everybody else. Grow up!
Quote from menantoll :How would you know how IHR servers are going? You were permabanned about 20 days ago. Typical banned user post. You did something stupid enough to get permabanned so now you want to spoil the fun for everybody else. Grow up!

Totally agree,

I think most of us can see that the IHR guys are really trying to do there best. and that just good. Keep on going i would say, if you ask me its getting better and better...
Quote from Dalibor79 :at ironhorse server my rating went below 80. not that im crasher ofcourse, but anything happens at starts, tight chicanes, lag issues, or just spinning out of track blah blah....
so, what now?
cos this is only server which is full and interesting to drive?
i was at cargame, but was only one with xrg too many times

You have to be very carefull to keep your SR up, a good tip is to keep up race speed after the finish, or pit after crossing the finish, this will minimise any yellows you cause for people still finishing the race.

Also its very good practice to keep an eye on your mirrors in the brake zones when in heavy traffic, if it looks like someone is coming up behind too fast and it looks like they may hit you, to avoid the driver clipping you, use common sense and put your car (safely) in a position so you don't get hit from behind.

FWD is far from boring if there is someone of similar experiance and speed , you can have some great battles in it, and on some tracks it's a little faster than XRG

SD.
XFG's for girls.

Every now and then I try to get in touch with my feminine side :o

More seriously though, the IHR progression system is a bit frustrating. I was playing around with an XRG setup. LR isn't there, everything else is a demo server. Ah nice, IHR, I'll try that. Oh wait, not enough points for XRG. NP, I'll drive a couple of XFG races. Now I have enough points. Oh wait, now I need to drive the XFG for the rest of the night to get my SR up. Le fu-. I'm more comfortable in the XRG these days, it was like I was going backwards the whole time >.>
NotAnIllusion, unfortunately you are one of the ones that have been unfairly hurt by us upping the SR required to drive the XRG. I've raced with you many times before (well been passed by you anyway) and I know that you can handle the XRG.

Please understand the reason we have done this though. As you are aware there are many peole that cannot drive the XRG well but think they can. We found that these types were causing many accidents, either directly or indirectly by holding up lots of cars by having the ass end hanging out on every corner, so in order to stop this we upped the SR required to 80%. 80% is not that high but it does mean that a new starter (to IHR) does have to get from 50 to 80 before they can drive it.

We have found that it has made a big difference to the quality of driving in the STD class as it keeps the real beginners out of the XRG. Real beginners will struggle to get to 80% and when they do they don't want to spoil it straight away by jumping into an XRG that they can't drive.

While reading this I just checked your stats on IHR and I can see that you have passed that now anyway It's nice to see good driving talent racing with us.
#14 - VoiD
Quote from NotAnIllusion :..LR isn't there, everything else is a demo server. ..

Well, LR is still open.
It´s not our problem when people like to start from scratch over and over again...
is there explanation what exactly makes sr go up or down?
im no pro, but nor beginner either
and, yes, when driving in south city if someone has gtr then as soon as i see blue flag i can't even leave corner properly, let alone move aside and that gtr is already in my ass, hitting me more often than not. i believe safety rating drops then....
Well usually you don't get hit by a GTR because of blue flags, they have do to overtake you safely. Just stay predictable and keep your line.
Safety rating goes down when you cause yellow flags. I think when you bump into someone it goes down too, for both involved and quickly.
The rating goes up when you complete clean laps without causing yellow flags. In an XFG you'll stay above 80% even when you make occasional contacts - you have to be careful anyway because of the fly-away effect at the front tires.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG