The online racing simulator
LFS Forum Artists
(120 posts, started )
Very nice. I'd post some of my stuff, but as a designer I don't classify myself as an artist

Plus, my hand-drawn stuff is crap these days. Too much time spent in Solidworks over the last few years...
#2 - 5haz
Incredible drawing on the right, its lifelike. More seriously, nice sketch.

I had some MS paint drawings that I did a while back that were pretty detailed, but I lost them all.

Found one that I hand drew for the LFS wacky racers contest.

Attached images
LFS Entry.jpg
Haha! That's great! Do you have any more?
#4 - Mysho
Quote from brandons48 :(Getting proportions right is a bitch!)

Now that's what I hate about drawing. If I was Chip Foose I'd be only happy, but for me it takes ages to get a proportion of for example car right. Everything else is quite easy compared to this. I've got small ammount of talent omg, but I like drawing.

Nice horse btw, unfinished though, no?
Quote from Mysho :Now that's what I hate about drawing. If I was Chip Foose I'd be only happy, but for me it takes ages to get a proportion of for example car right. Everything else is quite easy compared to this. I've got small ammount of talent omg, but I like drawing.

Nice horse btw, unfinished though, no?

Yeah it's unfinished, about 10% i'd say
#6 - Fuse5
Those are really nice! I'd seen the R32 Skyline marker drawing before, never realised it was yours
I'm guessing you're doing GCSE at the moment brandon? Do your exam board set themes to follow?

I've got 'Work, Rest, Play' for my GCSE exam . So far all i've got is some photos of my shed :doh:
This is like the most amazing coincidence, your drawing is pretty much like one I did for some family friends a couple of years ago. Not the best photo but my scanner was dead at the time.

Couple of others here too, the first one was for A-Level Fine Art (I failed), the rest are just personal projects.

omg the last one looks so real.
Quote from JO53PHS :I'm guessing you're doing GCSE at the moment brandon? Do your exam board set themes to follow?

I've got 'Work, Rest, Play' for my GCSE exam . So far all i've got is some photos of my shed :doh:

Yeah - The theme for this one was "Natural Forms" , moving on to still life.

ChilliFan - Those are really good!
Update on mine, I've finished most of the face, just need to work on the mane, body and bridle. Will post a pic ASAP.
Bump, here's the pic. Roughly 30% i'd say.

Quote from ChiliFan :This is like the most amazing coincidence, your drawing is pretty much like one I did for some family friends a couple of years ago. Not the best photo but my scanner was dead at the time.

Pic

Couple of others here too, the first one was for A-Level Fine Art (I failed), the rest are just personal projects.

Pic
Pic
Pic

How did you manage to fail Fine Art with that?
That, my friend, is bloody awesome.
Quote from ChiliFan :

The only way you could fail an education course with this much talent is if you got black mailed by the lecturer but refused to drop them.

Luckily if ever you go for a job where you need art skills, you can just show them your drawings, which meens far more than a piece of paper that says you might be able to do it.
I think it's more the fact that in my experience, art subjects are graded on your ability to experiment with varying media, and extrapolate your ideas into new ones. That, and the whole "relate your work to that of other artists", which I am bad at.

So um if you can draw but you can't produce several hundred drawings a month and then bullshit about them enough to fill three sketchbooks, don't study art. A friend of mine got an A* in GCSE Art for painting stick men over a map of the London Underground, but he had some interesting things to say about it all. I usually come up with "I wanted to draw this so I did" and that's that.

@brandons48: Are you working from light to dark with your current drawing? Building up the contrast in layers as you go along?
Yep, I only did it lightly to get it in the right places, i'm going to build it up with different grade pencils.
Few of my sketches / illustrations
Attached images
10841_1292713958620_1253415370_30846528_5893782_n.jpg
12737_1274622786352_1253415370_30798577_6809116_n.jpg
13931_1280136124182_1253415370_30814424_593968_n.jpg
13931_1280601495816_1253415370_30815952_605500_n.jpg
17551_1335610030995_1253415370_30964887_6069973_n.jpg
17551_1336225446380_1253415370_30966911_2612070_n.jpg
n1253415370_30323509_2489739.jpg
Here is one of mine, about the only one I can find a scanned copy of. I will see if I can find anymore though.
Attached images
Hand_drawing_by_Greboth.jpg
Quote from Becky Rose :The only way you could fail an education course with this much talent is if you got black mailed by the lecturer but refused to drop them.

It's also possible to spend your time doing your own stuff and not doing any actual coursework, which lecturers tend to frown upon.
Great drawings people.

We need Miah here now
Nice pics averyone.
especially Nitro (everyone of his are brill) and Chillifan ( that bike is bloody awsome)
Quote from NitroNitrous :Few of my sketches / illustrations

I *love* the style the 4x4 picture is drawn/coloured in.

LFS Forum Artists
(120 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG