The online racing simulator
Bathurst - Mount Panorama for LFS S3
Hey guys,

I would really like to see Mount Panorama in the next LFS. Considering the amount of Australians who play LFS i think it would be great to give them something back and not just the aussie's but everyone who plays LFS.

Mount Panorama is in my opinion the best racing circuit world. Only people who have been to Bathurst and people who have driven around the circuit can comprehend the ferocity and amazing elevation change in the track,
words really cannot describe this place. Derek Warwick has raced around here a few times and my father was the very first person to take him around the track. As they went over " skyline " Derek turned to my father and said " you gotta be f*ucking joking right? " This is coming from a world regnown f1 driver, touring car driver etc.

Bathurst has been in numrous video games and race sims over the years which no game has ever really done it justice. Imagine racing 30 xfg's around this place online, would be absolutely fantastic. Lets try and really get behind this and make it happen.

Heres a onboard vid i found of the track in one of the races up there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fErV8nJ4QBY

Some info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Panorama_Circuit

Im lucky enough to live 5 mins away from the track :-)
Unless you and your family can get the devs into contact with the decision makers at the track I dont see it happen.

LFS is not like the mainstream racing game and does not sell millions so where would be the motivation for the track to go along without money changing hands.
I bet iRacing is or will be doing it in the future.
#3 - Hahmo
Nice track actually, indeed. Not just sure if there is time anymore to do new tracks for S3.. Who knows
Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :Unless you and your family can get the devs into contact with the decision makers at the track I dont see it happen.

LFS is not like the mainstream racing game and does not sell millions so where would be the motivation for the track to go along without money changing hands.

Well lets see if it's wanted first then we go to the next step. Me and my family are well known around the city so getting the council and devs to talk wouldn't be the hardest thing.
Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :Unless you and your family can get the devs into contact with the decision makers at the track I dont see it happen.

Also if Bathurst was in LFS you would be amazed the more Australians would buy this game, it would be epic.
I'm all for the idea...but part of the problem is that LFS is going slow enough as it is.

There was a promised new patch that was suppose to have been released over a year ago and there's still no indication that it will be released anytime soon.

Not to mention that they are also working on another real life track: Rockingham, and that has no indication that it will be released in the future as well.

Bathurst will have to be a luxury unfortunately until the devs start to release content at a more regular (and quicker) pace. IMHO, LFS should focus more on what would make it a better sim. Such as damage, a (complete) aero model, break offs, engine damage, track temperature, dynamic wind system, rubber build up, fix buggy barriers, better hit detection.

Only when ALL of those listed above are completed will I start to push for more real life tracks. But for now, those still unfortunately remain a distant luxury. In fact, I'm not even hoping for LFS to improve as a race sim (beyond the promised tyre physics) anymore..which is very unfortunate imho
Quote from lizardfolk :I'm all for the idea...but part of the problem is that LFS is going slow enough as it is.

There was a promised new patch that was suppose to have been released over a year ago and there's still no indication that it will be released anytime soon.

Not to mention that they are also working on another real life track: Rockingham, and that has no indication that it will be released in the future as well.

Bathurst will have to be a luxury unfortunately until the devs start to release content at a more regular (and quicker) pace. IMHO, LFS should focus more on what would make it a better sim. Such as damage, a (complete) aero model, break offs, engine damage, track temperature, dynamic wind system, rubber build up, fix buggy barriers, better hit detection.

Only when ALL of those listed above are completed will I start to push for more real life tracks. But for now, those still unfortunately remain a distant luxury. In fact, I'm not even hoping for LFS to improve as a race sim (beyond the promised tyre physics) anymore..which is very unfortunate imho

Ok that makes alot of sense.

Why is development taking so long?
Quote from nightojnr :Ok that makes alot of sense.

Why is development taking so long?

They needed to completely redo the physics as far as I know. Which...yes does take a long time but by now it's starting to get a little weary to wait for.

Not complaining, just that while Bathurst would be fantastic, there are just a few more immediate things that need to be taken care of atm
Some years ago the devs were invited to see the Hungarian raceway, the Hungaroring. They could get all infos and anything nearly for free, but they have renounced...I didn't was there, i heard it from some hungarian lfs'ers...
Quote from ASR Sanchez :Some years ago the devs were invited to see the Hungarian raceway, the Hungaroring. They could get all infos and anything nearly for free, but they have renounced...I didn't was there, i heard it from some hungarian lfs'ers...

hmmmm well thats a shame. Don't get me wrong though Hungaroring is a great track but lfs needs something like Bathurst. Ask any international driver who has been there it's just incredible.

If the devs gave approval couldn't someone else develop the track then it would be upto the devs to put it into the game via patch? They could then go on with what they are doing and not have to worry about the stress and strain of having to do the track them selves.
Play rFactor The Bathurst track for that is pretty good. Definitely a blast in night races.
#12 - e.M
Quote from nightojnr :hmmmm well thats a shame. Don't get me wrong though Hungaroring is a great track but lfs needs something like Bathurst. Ask any international driver who has been there it's just incredible.

If the devs gave approval couldn't someone else develop the track then it would be upto the devs to put it into the game via patch? They could then go on with what they are doing and not have to worry about the stress and strain of having to do the track them selves.

we all wish that but thats just not happening, nice narrow track though
Quote from obsolum :Play rFactor The Bathurst track for that is pretty good. Definitely a blast in night races.

Been there done that mate but you can't go past lfs physics, they are the best.
Quote from e.M :we all wish that but thats just not happening, nice narrow track though

Ok fair enough, nice opinion, but WWHHYY???

The track isn't all THAT narrow.
considering the distance from UK to the track it is simply impossible for it to make it to the LFS with the current developement model

the only chance would be if the devs decided to subcontract some of the content creation but that is one of the things they are trying to avoid in the first place
Quote from pandera :considering the distance from UK to the track it is simply impossible for it to make it to the LFS with the current developement model

the only chance would be if the devs decided to subcontract some of the content creation but that is one of the things they are trying to avoid in the first place

Ok ok hang on a sec, impossible is a very strong word. How could it possibly be impossible. Subcontracting could be an option. The whole overall thing is if Bathurst was in this game i would say 100,000 more people would become new to this sim. i can nearly gaurantee this.
Quote from nightojnr :Ok ok hang on a sec, impossible is a very strong word. How could it possibly be impossible. Subcontracting could be an option. The whole overall thing is if Bathurst was in this game i would say 100,000 more people would become new to this sim. i can nearly gaurantee this.

I say it is impossible "only" with the current developement model...

...subcontracting would be changing it...

...and the devs do not want to do that

I'm not sure if you are aware of the fact that LFS is done by 3 guys only, that is why it goes so slow, but that's their project and that's how they want it, sure they are balancing on the line between a private hobby project and their commitments to their customers but paying for it you simply agreed to this model

that's how it is simply, but if you really want to do something about it do not post on the forum, that won't change anything, but:
1. talk to the track management, show them the game, see if they are interested at all and how they want to participate
2. and then if you have something in your hands try contacting Scawen and give him something to think about

just DO something if you think you can
Quote from pandera :I say it is impossible "only" with the current developement model...

...subcontracting would be changing it...

...and the devs do not want to do that

I'm not sure if you are aware of the fact that LFS is done by 3 guys only, that is why it goes so slow, but that's their project and that's how they want it, sure they are balancing on the line between a private hobby project and their commitments to their customers but paying for it you simply agreed to this model

that's how it is simply, but if you really want to do something about it do not post on the forum, that won't change anything, but:
1. talk to the track management, show them the game, see if they are interested at all and how they want to participate
2. and then if you have something in your hands try contacting Scawen and give him something to think about

just DO something if you think you can

Yep ok cool thanks.

Just for the record this forum is for feedback on the idea of Bathurst being in the game. Im not going to make myself look stupid by trying to pull all these strings if no one is even interested in the fact but honestely i can't see how any would not be.
Quote from SilverArrows77 :For the record then, this thread is in the wrong place, when it should correctly be with the rest of th euseless ideas in the "Tracks we want to see in S3" thread.

And on top of that, the devs cant even organise the rest of the car textures updates, let alone a new track on the opposite side of the world to them. Just because Rockingham has been announced i wouldnt go expecting a flurry of real world tracks to be released at all.

Setting expectations so high will only lead to disappointment.

So negative...
Quote from nightojnr :So negative...

I think you would have more chance pushing for it in iRacing than LFS tbo. But if it appeared in either sim you know were I'll be
Quote from Glenn67 :I think you would have more chance pushing for it in iRacing than LFS tbo. But if it appeared in either sim you know were I'll be

nice 2nd place at Lime ROck!!!
I thought that Bathurst was tied up legally with Ea sports and the V8 supercars Franchise, I reckon that they would want a big piece of pie to release it.

This info is only going back to past forums in Gran Turismo early days when this idea was floated around.
Anyway, the way LFS is I would rather see any circuit that allows multiple configurations. Think that you don't get new circuits for this game that often, so when a new one comes along I hope that we don't have just the normal/reverse versions, but also multiple choices as we have in FE, AS and SO. That's something this circuit can't provide.

Again, I like this track but I find it too narrow for LFS. It's not really a good track for most of the cars in the game.
I believe Nikimere was involved in a proposed Mondello Park (Ireland) cooperation a good few years ago, at no cost to the devs. They weren't interested iirc and obviously it never happened.

Ideas like this are useless. What do you expect will happen?

Scawen: ERIIIIIIIIIICCCC!!!! ERRRRIIIIIIIIICCCCC!!!!!
Eric: Huh?
Scawen: ERRRRRIIIIIIIICCCC!!!! You HAVE to see this!!!!
Eric: OOHHH What?!
Scawen: Someone just came up with a BRILLIANT idea!!!
Eric: Wow!! At last!! What is it? What is it?!
Scawen: Sit down... Here it is..... Nurburgring Nordschleife.
Eric: O.M.G
Scawen: I know, right?
Eric: Get on the phone to Victor, he will go nuts where he hears this!! I'll get to work right away.
Scawen: I'm going to PM this guy, he should be on the dev team!!
Eric: YAY!

--------

Even if you've organised it all, and got them express written permission, they'll still most likely not care.
Quote from MaKaKaZo :...
Again, I like this track but I find it too narrow for LFS. It's not really a good track for most of the cars in the game.

Jeah imaginge 30 XFgs racing through that narrow hill section. Massive pileup

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG