The online racing simulator

Poll : Which contry codes do you want to be used in LFSCART

ISO 3166-1 alpha-3
FIFA Codes
IOC Codes
Which contry codes do you want to be used in LFSCART
Hello fellow racers,

after noticing that the Kyoto 250 will run with FIFA codes (I know, I have a looooong line sometimes) I asked myself weather it would be wise to jump on that train for LFSCART (incl. Light) too. Internationally there are 3 codes lagely spread out: IOC, FIFA and ISO 3166-1 alpha-3.

My view on the things: IOC, FIFA and ISO 3166-1 alpha-3 have got the advantage of being all 3 letters long. IOC and FIFA codes are used in some of the biggest sport events in the world, the Olympic Games and the FIFA World Cup. A decision between both of them basically includes the question United Kingdom OR England and Scotland and Wales and Northern Ireland. ISO 3166-1 alpha-3 has proved itself in the past LFSCART Light Season. But as I said Kyoto 250 will work with the FIFA codes. However, the ISO 3166-1 alpha-3 codes are used in official FIA documents like the International Sporting Calendar.

So now it is your choice what you prefer. Also look for the link below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C ... nd_ISO_3166_country_codes

PS: That's Grassroots democracy.
FIN/FIN/FIN so i wont even bother to vote
IOC because it is stupid to have seperate codes for England/Scotland/Wales because it is the same ****ing country.
Quote from hyntty :IOC because it is stupid to have seperate codes for England/Scotland/Wales because it is the same ****ing country.

As the man said.
#5 - pik_d
What's the advantage of IOC over ISO? ISO looks to be the most complete set and none of the silly England/Scotland/Wales/Northern Ireland sillyness.
Quote from pik_d :What's the advantage of IOC over ISO? ISO looks to be the most complete set and none of the silly England/Scotland/Wales/Northern Ireland sillyness.

I don't think we will have many drivers from Bouvet Island anyway
-
(niall09) DELETED by niall09
Quote from hyntty :IOC because it is stupid to have seperate codes for England/Scotland/Wales because it is the same ****ing country.

Quote from pik_d :What's the advantage of IOC over ISO? ISO looks to be the most complete set and none of the silly England/Scotland/Wales/Northern Ireland sillyness.

:rolleyes:
#8 - pik_d
Quote from niall09 ::rolleyes:

Please check your facts before trying to make snide comments. It's the FIFA system that has separate codes for the countries contained by GBR. Both ISO and IOC use GBR for the entire island, but ISO has more countries listed than IOC.
Quote from pik_d :Both ISO and IOC use GBR for the entire island, but ISO has more countries listed than IOC.

Sorry, what I should have said was "it is stupid to have separate codes for regions of one country." England/Scotland/Wales was only an example. ISO is the same as FIFA in that sense.
Where's the 'I don't give a crap' option?

:P
who cares
Quote from hyntty :Sorry, what I should have said was "it is stupid to have separate codes for regions of one country." England/Scotland/Wales was only an example. ISO is the same as FIFA in that sense.

I see. Well to be honest maybe you should let the members of these special case countries decide which they want to represent. By that I mean take the opinions of the British as more important than people who this doesn't affect. USA/USA/USA here so it makes no difference to me.
ISO because TPE is a forced code on to Taiwan. Yeah sure, I'll probably race under china. But right now I'm on the verge of getting a Taiwan citizenship and I might change back to Taiwan.

It's absolute BS that China forces Taiwan to compete as "Chinese Taipei". It's pretty much a slap in the face to the Taiwanese.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG