The online racing simulator
What wheel and pedals can you get for 300euros?
Do I have alternative to logitech for this price or not?
My old momo is dying...
I guess you could get a Fanatec wheel, but whether that's any better than a G25/27 is up to you.
It would be best for you to get G25 or G27 if you can get one for 300€. You could get G25 for 300€ for sure.
Fanatec GT3 RS wheel is €299,95

Do it!

G27 G25 are no match with that wheel.
#5 - dadge
yeah, because it's the wheel that makes you go faster
for that money, any wheel you buy will be top quallity. hell, even a DFP is more than enough.
the gt3 rs does actually make you faster than a g25 so much more responsive and the load cell is spectaular
Readings these comments and reviews.
There is no point buying a g27 right?
#9 - dadge
G25 is where it's at imo.
#10 - wild
Quote from brt900 :the gt3 rs does actually make you faster than a g25 so much more responsive and the load cell is spectaular

That doesn't make you faster, What happens if you have the reaction times of an 80 year old?
Quote from wild :That doesn't make you faster, What happens if you have the reaction times of an 80 year old?

There are plenty of cruise servers.
#12 - wild
Quote from thisnameistaken :There are plenty of cruise servers.

Then you wouldn't need an expensive wheel as you wouldn't be using it to its full potential?
You dont need to pilot like schumi to buy a porsche or ferrari. You just need the money and desire.
You could buy a Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3RS Wheel with Clubsport Pedals (wich are brilliant) for 300€ but you wouldn't have a Shifter. The Fanatec shifter costs 50€.You could also buy a G27 from Logitech for less then 300€ (depending on where you buy it). It has a 6Speed H pattern shifter and nice Pedals too, wich aren't as good as the Fanatec Clubsport ones.

The Pros and Cons for both Wheels :

911 GT3RS & CSP(Clubsportpedals):
Pros: -Very Strong FFB (some people say it's better then the FFB of the G25/27 and DFGT)
-Very good Pedals (changable spring strength and brake pedal with loadcell, pedals are made of metal and they dont have potentiometres, wich would have wear, that means you could use them for the rest of your life)
-Nice Alacantara Leather
-Led display
-Belt driven FFB (pretty quite too)
-Good H-Shifter
-2 extra Vibration motors (a big one for FFB and 2 for the Vibration)
-Has a seqential shifter
-Many buttons on the wheel

Cons: -Many wheels have decalibration problems
-Some people have bad experience with the Fanatec support
-Costs a lot
-You have to pay an extra 50€ for the shifters
G27 :
Pros: -FFB is also quite
-Costs less then the GT3RS
-Nice leather
-H-Shifter is good too(but maybe not as good as the Fanatec one)
-Good FFB(but as said before some people say (also the guys from SRT) that the FFB of the Fanatec wheels is better)
-Shift indicator

Cons: -Not belt driven FFB
-No LED display
-Worse Pedals
-No seq shifter
-No vibration motors
-less buttons on the wheel

I hope that helps.I have a Fanatec Turbo wheel and I like it. It never happened that the FFB isn't strong enough. I don't have problems with it.

You could also buy the Clubsport pedals and use it with the DFGT if you don't need an h-shifter.Then you would have a nice wheel, nice pedals and a seq. shifter.You could also buy a used SST or Act Labs h-shifter or a FFB Joystick and use it with the ffshifter tool as an h-shifter.

300€ is a lot of money and there are many opportunities how to spend them. I hope that in the end you are content with your new wheel/pedal/shifter combination.
Thanks for your review.
If buy it, it would be like doing a big gift to me. The gt3rs seems much better at least for the pedal and that would be the main point.
First I need a different organisation to have time to play and then I will need around 300euros, otherwise I can play a bit with my dying momo (pedals are loosing calibration, having some random brake on the straight is not fun). Maybe I will tweak my pedals first.
If I buy so far my choice is for fanatec.
OK then. I'm happy that I was able to help.
i wouldnt say the alacantra leather is "nice" it is for like a week then it just wears now mine feels like crap
Many simracers told me that they use their GT3RS since months and the Alacantara feels just as nice at it felt on the first day. I don't know why your wheel doesn't.

When did you get yours ?
#19 - zapz
Yeah my GT3 RS's alacantra leather has taken 5 months of abuse without a hint of wear.

IMHO it feels SO much nicer than regular leather that I had on my Momo Force (Red logi wheel).

Also FWIW the paddles on the Fanatec are so/so. The Logitec is ahead of the game on that one.
i had mine since last march i think feels nice in places with not much use but at 10 and 2 its horrible
What I#m personally sometimes missing in the leather of my Fanatec Turbo is the grip. My hands are really sweaty and i can't drive Race Cars fast without my gloves, because there isn't enough grips between the wheel and my hands. For drifting and cruising it's just nice but for racing I use gloves.
I think that is not an issue of the wheel I think it's me. My friend has bought a DFGT. Next time I will visit him I'll try his wheel out and look if I have the same grip problem and how it feels compared to my Fanatec.

But to be honest I LOVE the leather of the Turbo, how it feels and how it smells. After a long driving or drifting session without gloves my hands smell like the wheel. I really like that ^^. It may sound weird for some people but I think I felt in love with this peace of hardware.

A real issue of the wheel are the paddles. The GT3RS and the Turbo S have a black metal plate wich makes the paddles bigger but the Turbo doesn't. The paddles are so tiny and sometimes (in corners for example) hard to reach. I'm just thinking if I should make metal plates for my paddles, but im not sure how to stick them on the paddles-button things. I could screw them on it but when I do that I could damage the PCB or cables. I think I will ask some other Turbo users if they are planning somthing like that too and do it together with them. For GT3RS and PWTS users it's easier because they can just unscrew that metal plate and replace it with a bigger one.

Any ideas how to make those paddles bigger ?

(Sry for my not perfect english. I'm a teenager and I'm still learning this language. I hope you understand what I want to tell you and I would love it if someone tells me how to say/explain something better)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG