The online racing simulator
BF1 Skins
(1662 posts, started )
MMMMMmmmmmmm........ Ah the memories... Erm... well.. not my memories.. but.. well.. I still love it. lol
very nice but i must admit to prefering the lotus 79 in martini livery from 1979

anyone else remember the lotus 80, if only it had worked, it was beautifull, especially in initial wingless form
Quote from al heeley :...Talking of which...here's the BF1 wearing the classic '78 JPS livery

Al, you are the MAN! My favorite F1 Skin of all-time and now I can drive it! Oh, and for those who do not know (do such people exist?), 1978 was the year Mario Andretti won the driving championship!

Stunning work, Al, I thank you so much!!

Best regards,

EC
Quote from Gobby :Here's Michael Schumacher's 1995 F1 championship winning car...

Benetton B195
I managed to find some good reference pics, so its got all the correct sponsors, etc

Enjoy!

Fantastic, Gobby! You and Al are the top dogs in my book!

Cheers!

EC
Yeah I really like that Benetton skin. Glad you made it Gobby Fancy skinning any of the other cars I posted in the last page?
Playing around with a chameleon paint-effect and some tribal decals.
Attached images
rt3.jpg
BF1_Racetek3.jpg
oh crap that's niceXD
al quit making the rest of us look bad
Quote from Crusse :/me slaps RichardTowler around a bit with a large trout. Thanks <3

Mc31, yeah, I made it.

Here's a shot of the skin itself. I cropped it slightly, as I want to keep the skin private. http://www.kolumbus.fi/martin.bror/jotain/tr_bf1wm.jpg

Why would a demo racer be making BF1 skins?
Because he has a CMX viewer?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Why would a demo racer be making BF1 skins?

he's a well known hacker. his group is also a bunch of haxxors!

ps: just kidding

Hmmmm! Maybe that would explain why he cropped it to keep it "private". Although there's really no need, because if you ask people around here not to use your skin, they generally don't because they respect other people's hard work.
Also, I guess you gotta raise an eyebrow when demo'ers post cropped skins without an actual screen shot ...

Of course, I could be wrong, in which case I shall happily admit it
I rarely browse the boards and I had totally forgotten that you can log in with your LFS username, so I had created a new forum account...

Quote :Why would a demo racer be making BF1 skins?

Certain teams might have a team painter, who paints cars for many different sims, and who doesn't want to buy all of them. Or, one might just enjoy painting them for fun.

Too much talk. More skins or I'll haxx0r!
I am now happily wrong
Quote from Tweaker :Post skins here for the: BF1 (BMW Sauber)

RULES:
  1. Try to keep the chatter to a minimum, new people are viewing this thread to find themselves a nice skin, they don't need to scroll through pages of text to finally find something. If you want to comment on someone's skin, that is fine, but please... everyone is exploring their own creativity and personal tastes, so be supportive.

Thank You, and happy skinning! :cool:
Australian A1 GP Skin for BF1
Here's a skin based upon the Australian A1 Grand Prix paint job. There are a few different paint schemes I have seen, I decided to do this one, pretty happy with how it turned out ... just need a pre made Max scene for the BF1 and I would do a render .. they're handy =] I get lost everytime I try to follow the tutorial on mapping all the textures. ehehe

Cheers
PanterA

Attached is a full 2048 skin and also a 1024 skin.
PS. Thanks to "NRAP1975" for the 3D render looks great!!
Attached images
BF1_A1-AUS_PanterA.jpg
BF1_A1-AUS_PanterA_sml.jpg
BF1_A1-AUS_PanterA_pic.jpg
BF1_A1-AUS_PanterA_render.jpg
Thanks so much for posting this skin. I've been waiting a while for it

Also, thanks for posting the large one. Much prefer high res skins.
Quote from PanterACFH :Here's a skin based upon the Australian A1 Grand Prix paint job. There are a few different paint schemes I have seen, I decided to do this one, pretty happy with how it turned out ... just need a pre made Max scene for the BF1 and I would do a render .. they're handy =] I get lost everytime I try to follow the tutorial on mapping all the textures. ehehe

Cheers
PanterA

Attached is a full 2048 skin and also a 1024 skin.

I will try and render this tonight
i'll post again, when i have somethin better.
well no, it isn't really ok, unless you ask the original artist first for permission to edit his skin then release it as your own work, or at least credit him with the original in your post.
Here you go PanterA

First skin
I'm not quite sure I'm completely happy with it, but I thought I'd post it and see if some other skinners have some suggestions. Please excuse the render, as I just used the s2 viewer to check my work. It's the first skin I've ever done for s2. Not touched a skin since I did one for Nascar 4 a looooonng time ago.

I got the idea after last weekend's Chinese GP (MotoGP that is ). Here is the MotoGP team site. www.konicaminoltahonda.com

Any and all suggestions/comments welcome!
Attached images
KonicaMinoltaBF1screenie.jpg
That's nice work, very tidy, but I think it may just needs a little more detailing in places, maybe some small sponsor graphics on the cockpit sides or area where the mirrors are. Nice skin.
Quote from cartmen34 :I'm not quite sure I'm completely happy with it, but I thought I'd post it and see if some other skinners have some suggestions. Please excuse the render, as I just used the s2 viewer to check my work. It's the first skin I've ever done for s2. Not touched a skin since I did one for Nascar 4 a looooonng time ago.

I got the idea after last weekend's Chinese GP (MotoGP that is ). Here is the MotoGP team site. www.konicaminoltahonda.com

Any and all suggestions/comments welcome!

I like that quite a lot That's a nice color combo. I think you should expand the blue around the cockpit just a bit. Maybe let it flow on the top part of the sidepod a bit.
And the area on the side below the mirror could use some extra decals. Maybe move the brembo decal there? Other than that I think it's a nice well balanced skin
my latest skin, Maserati/Grolsch F1 team

not quite sure if it looks 'right' atm, so any feedback would be welcomed

the skin is much higher quality than the crappy picture suggests btw lol
Attached images
VIEWER_S2 2006-05-21 00-01-54-45.jpg

BF1 Skins
(1662 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG