The online racing simulator
LIVE 13 February 2010: Masters of Endurance Round 5: 6h of Aston Historic Reversed
Hello again race fans !

The Masters of Endurance season returns to the paddock at Aston Circuit. The teams voted from a list of five circuits, and Aston Historic Reversed won the poll by a significant margin, so this is where the MoE circus will be at.

The 6 hour run starts at 1400 UTC.

In GT1, F1RST racing have a good chance to clinch the title here, but even if they don't, it is likely that they will be very well set for a repeat of their 2008-2009 season title. They go into this penultimate round on a 30 point lead over My3id Gaming GT1. If F1RST can finish 1st, and My3id cannot come 2nd, F1RST will clinch. F1RST will need to have a 40 point lead after this round to clinch the title at this round.

Team Sirius will clinch the title at this round, barring a DNF. My3id Gaming GT2 are 62 points behind, which as the first four rounds of the season have proved, the folks at Team Sirius can battle back from adversity to win. The only way that My3id Gaming GT2 can stay in contention for the title is to outscore Team Sirius by at least 22 points in this round to remain mathematically eligible. Team Sirius must finish 6th or better to clinch the title here at Aston.

Join Chris Wilkinson and myself, Jonathan Palmer, starting just before 1400 UTC for the start (Yes I'll be talking again...I feel like I may have had the world's shortest commentating sabbatical :razz. Michael Passingham will be around after the halfway mark. He insists that he has some real life things in the early afternoon...please help in telling him that that cannot be.

For the details you actually care about, ie where to watch the thing:

We're again on multiBC Stream III. And yes, for those who remember all the recent problems, we had a successful LFSCART Light broadcast here Friday, and we're mostly sure all the problems have been knocked down.

StreamStarter (It's Stream III again)

MoE Tracker

MoE Server on LFS Remote

MoE Server Live Timing on spdoRacing Online Hosts Satellite

Feel free to join us in IRC too

See you in a few hours !
it will be gooooood
#3 - CSF
Passo is missing the start because of this:

#4 - BLOBO
good stuff
#5 - Hahmo
cant wait
Advance apologies, but while setting up, I got a BSoD (Everything was fine, I was 30 seconds away from being ready to go half an hour before the start of course) on the streaming server. We're contacting necessary people and will make all efforts to get on before the start.

Thought you'd like to know in advance.
#7 - Hahmo
Yeah, i thought something was wrong because it doesnt open the stream at all.. and usually you guys early before the race :/
Quote from Hahmo :Yeah, i thought something was wrong because it doesnt open the stream at all.. and usually you guys early before the race :/

I generally start it 5-10 minutes before our planned start...which would have been around now. :|

Just my luck of course.
#9 - Hahmo
It's not your fault
Hmm, seems like Google doesn't know how to convert timezones. Maybe it thinks we have summer right now

Or maybe it's precognition and knows the stream will start an hour late
This is the first time I was going to watch a MOE event. I hope it gets fixed, I'm quite curious to see the quality of the broadcast
Quote from MaKaKaZo :This is the first time I was going to watch a MOE event. I hope it gets fixed, I'm quite curious to see the quality of the broadcast

Same here
It works, tho we see only your Gmail
Quote from Hahmo :It works, tho we see only your Gmail

The stream really shouldn't be on yet. :doh:

I wish it wasn't.

This actually isn't good.
It is on all the time. :/ Surfing on the lfsforums, i wish my posts would be on the broadcast.

Try to get this fixed :/
Why am I not surprised this is not working.

Not wanting to sound rude, but Deko, why dont you just stick with Livestream? I never get whats so better about multiBC.
It seems the tracker doesnt work anymore, it's only up to lap 4 of the first stints
At least we're seeing some racing on screen now.

Rudy van Buuren is lagging a lot.
he lags, ye. follow someone else in the broadcast
Stream is lagging as hell for me.
Quote from Hahmo :he lags, ye. follow someone else in the broadcast

Whatever happened on that stream before the sponsor reel played was not part of the official broadcast.

Also, multiBC will always overall be better than livestream, for the simple fact that it is a dedicated computer to run the game on for the stream, unlike livestream, where we have to arrange someone to set up their computer, they have to have a stable internet connect, etc. Oh yeah, thats one less person who has full efficient use. multiBC, we remote into the comptuer to set it up, then remotely run the TVDirector GUI.

Also, multiBC quality completely bests what livestream can offer without paying $350 or more a month.

I've been working with multiBC to try and help diagnose the problems so we can hopefully get these sorted out rather soon.
The stream quality is excellent I have to say. T'was a bit of an organizational mess / bad luck at the start, but the stream itself is top notch.

Might've been a good idea to block out the stream while stuff was being set up if at all technically possible with the streaming software, though.
Quote from AndroidXP :The stream quality is excellent I have to say. T'was a bit of an organizational mess / bad luck at the start, but the stream itself is top notch.

Might've been a good idea to block out the stream while stuff was being set up if at all technically possible with the streaming software, though.

The setup at that time was not the way it usually works. Usually, I won't start the stream until everything is set, but the way multiBC works, is there's a separate computer that actually does the streaming as far as I know...there's no real "control" I have apart from a start button and a stop button.

And the mess was because I had to switch to another streaming server we hadn't used all season, which meant I had to set the whole kit up.
For anyone watching the stream aroundabout now, feel free to offer your input on this discussion on LFS's attitudes and whether or not it's past it's shelf life or nearing that point, feel free to post comments or questions here or in the #moe IRC channel on irc.gamesurge.net

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG