The online racing simulator
Barriers!!!
(37 posts, started )
BTW - It's not just the crusiers that want this fixed, people who race on custom layouts (like me) don't want to fly into the air whilst doing a hillclimb run at over 100mph.
Quote from nikopdr :When will you learn to drive?

Lol!? are you serious mate?

you cant drive for shit ^^

A little evil hu?
naw.

check him out at GTAL next weekend, bet he crash more than 3 times.
Just like in the 0b =)
I would rather have barriers that don't reduce my frame rate by sixty percent whenever I open a layout than ones that don't throw my car flying.
Running layouts with many Auto-X objects in view is the electronic equivalent of carrying a frying pan full of water by the handle only. It takes a lot of concentration.

You need a good'ish CPU.

edit: I had to get an Intel e8400 to get decent frame rates over 60fps on large layouts.
I can't imagine people try to play lfs with much more than a p4.
well a phenom 2 is much much more than a p4
Maybe the solution is to make them not solid and give them a mass that puts them in the right weight category as a concrete barrier and then when you hit one it should act more like hitting another car. There is still the potential for adverse physics reaction as is seen some time in car to car collisions but it would happen less. More like a really heave tire stack.
Quote from boothy :I hit a red and white barrier in real life at 100mph and it killed me

Me too. I didn't live long enough to see this thread and make a reply.
Quote from Gimpster :Maybe the solution is to make them not solid and give them a mass that puts them in the right weight category as a concrete barrier and then when you hit one it should act more like hitting another car. There is still the potential for adverse physics reaction as is seen some time in car to car collisions but it would happen less. More like a really heave tire stack.

This is probably the best solution to this, I hate when I glance at a barrier and because it doesn't like me, decides to reverse the gravitational force on my car.
Going 40MP/h into one isn't a good idea, nor is it at 40MP/h Braking speed.
Even the crappy little UF1 likes to go into Orbit on first gear.

Barriers!!!
(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG