The online racing simulator
who wants to help hank? (tweaker)
(35 posts, started )
who wants to help hank? (tweaker)
ok so im getting kinda frustrated trying to get what it is i really want from lfs first of all im a "tweaker" i like to mess around with stuff,change stuff.

i want to turbo none turbo cars, change the turbo pressure of existing turbo cars,i want cars that shouldnt have slicks to have slicks?
i want to add extra gears to some road cars,change weight, these are just to name a few!

but at the same time as regular lfs user (lfs sounds like its is a drug) i want to keep lfs up to date right?
i mean im new here and only been playing lfs for a few weeks, but i understand that like with all new versions of something the newer version is supposed to be better? or in lfs case more realistic maybe?

i bought a s2 licence and installed a clean version of (alpha) 0.5z as i liked using the early tweak to turbo the xfg and xrg
but i soon wanted to turbo other cars like the ufr and the xfr? also the turbo part didnt work on allready turbo'd cars?
besides running 0.5z makes me think im missing out on stuff?

so i installed patch (z to z25) and as i thought my old tweak dont work! i thought i might use z25 as its a recent patch right? and ive
read of people using tweak sucessfully to tweak most of the things i want too tweak?? not only that my downloaded cars for lfs dont work on 0.5z
and only show up as a bunch of triangles,something to do with the graphics or textures or something i imagine?
something which a patch to a later patch would resolve,i dont know which patch exactly? but it worked for z25!

so i installed z25 tweak and i cant add turbo to none turbo cars anymore? not even the demo cars!!
like there is no option to turn it on for a start like the old tweak, there is only a "turbo pressure" setting which not only comes already filled in as 0.4 under xfg/xrg?? but it dont change the pressure of existing turbo cars like (xrt,rb4,fxo) also there is no option for slicks? i cant add any xtra gears to any cars? i can however change other things like (cc, hp cylinders) so i know tweak version is compatable!

this is another thing that strikes me, is i hear lots of hush hush talk? "ive got a tweak that works but you cant have it" or " not allowed to post a link" some licencing thing or some shit blahh blahh........

do they mean "not for demo users? or some tweaks are not allowed full stop?none of the tweaks and stuff i used or even tryed to use, have ever prompted me for any licence, passwords, or nothing of the sort?
what the hell is going on?

i just dont get it? what exactly am i allowed to do whith lfs? or more importantly i guess what cant i do with it?
(pls no stupid sarcastic posts) like "you cant feed it to a goat, or wash your face with it!!!

i am sorry for the loooooooooooooooooong post, but if these things are availible? then quiet frankley, I WANT EM! i payed the dough just like the rest!

any help on getting fixed up with a decent tweak that "WORKS" with a recent patch? or at least more recent the 0.5z?? and if not well
thanks for reading this far at least!

hank!
the easiest version to tweak is plain Z. plus, not all cars can be modified using the options in the tweak application, it's just the way the game works.

also, we don't support third-party mods found on other websites, especially ones containing vob (car body shape) modifications, as they can screw with the physics engine, so the dev's don't like people using/posting them. same goes for tweak applications that do not abide by the license check system.
Lay off the meth. Damn tweakers...
the easiest version to tweak is plain Z. plus, not all cars can be modified using the options in the tweak application, it's just the way the game works. [/QUOTE]

well what are these ppl talking about then z15 tweak, z25 tweak, z28 tweak?

Quote from bunder9999 :
also, we don't support third-party mods found on other websites, especially ones containing vob (car body shape) modifications, as they can screw with the physics engine, so the dev's don't like people using/posting them. same goes for tweak applications that do not abide by the license check system.

are u telling me u cant talk here about cars one may have downloaded??? containing .vob files???

what is .vob is it the file that could say, turn your xfg into lets say,
a civic type r??
Quote from Forbin :Lay off the meth. Damn tweakers...

IDIOT!!

wtf wrong with some ppl?
Quote from hankevans83 :well what are these ppl talking about then z15 tweak, z25 tweak, z28 tweak?

that version wes never released here, they refer to one specific version of tweak that can use updatable config files that tell it how to interact with the version of lfs you're using.

Quote from hankevans83 :are u telling me u cant talk here about cars one may have downloaded??? containing .vob files???

what is .vob is it the file that could say, turn your xfg into lets say,
a civic type r??

yes, those.
hmmmmm well.................im confussed????
Quote from hankevans83 :IDIOT!!

wtf wrong with some ppl?

Look up the slang definition for "tweaker."

Your posts read as though they were written by someone on speed, and you were talking about tweaking LFS. A not so subtle play on words, if you will.
Quote from SilverArrows77 :4) Any "mods" - modifications to the Live for Speed exe, must be discussed with a moderator before being released on the forum. If a mod is approved by a moderator, it may then be released in the appropriate section of the forum. Please do not contact a developer as we do not support mods and do not have the time to deal with them. Any mods which change the shape of a car model, or which allow online cheating or circumvent HLVC, will be rejected.

http://www.lfsforum.net/privacy.htm

Thats enough to infer that vob modifications etc are not welcome, by the official LFSForum. (and talk/content is always removed)

EDIT - wanna change cars and tweak everything to the point of ridicule, then you really are better of with rfactor, as thats kinda what it was made for. LFS is a different kettle of fish, and you just need to be happy with it, as it is (for most part anyway)

well im just checking whats good and whats bad?
seems to be working

anyway this is what i need to know? like where/what are the approved mods?? like what can i use to get some of these things in the first post working for me?? like legally or whatever??
Quote from Forbin :Look up the slang definition for "tweaker."

Your posts read as though they were written by someone on speed, and you were talking about tweaking LFS. A not so subtle play on words, if you will.

man i dont know about you? but i aint got time to be playing stupid "look it up see for youself" kinda games here ok!
i never even heard of the term "TWEAK" till i joined here anyways all this is new too me bud???

oh and my questions do not require your rudeness thanks verry much
i kinda got a life ouside of cpu games..... ok ok its a simulator im sorry

but im new here ok and rather than make myself look like a complete idiot instead of a little bit of an idiot i ask questions??

lots of em!! whats wrong??
Quote from SilverArrows77 :http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=58477

Thats a list of addons here at LFS Forum, many are not what you want, though 1 or 2 may be close.

You really wont find any other car mods/tweaks here, that are supported by the forum or developers.

"Legally or whatever" to use your words.. What is "legal" is enough info here for you (bascially you arent going to find much in way of mods - be happy with what LFS is), and "whatever" is not worth discussing as it is not allowed or supported.

LFS is what it is. Its not a game open for tweaking/modding (at this time)

firstly thanks for pointing me somewhere at least
secondly i think you may have read the words "legally or whatever" wrong my friend wrong interpretation
i only read the first paragraph or so.
get 2 seperate lfs installs, just plain lfs z for one of them, or the latest that tweak can support, and for the other install have the latest patch there is....you can unlock both accounts at the same time (it works for me somehow :really and when you feel like online racing, go to your up to date one, when you feel like tweaking (or even .vob modding ) go to your other one, but dont go online with it, incase you accidentally leave something changed and dont realise it
Well mates, i made myself 2 lfs folders now - 1 is for tweaking, i dont see anything bad in it. Adding few kW's and stuff - great fun infact (for me atleast). But, yes i think its related to privacy terms too. Also, if im using it in singleplayer then my v6 200kW engine cant hurt anyone.
well tbh i have never even clicked the multiplayer tab in lfs
i been using the demo for a few weeks and kinda forget about multiplayer?

my current pc is that poor a i cant even race 1 or 2 AI
i am definatly gonna try online soon as i upgrade sure, but for the time bieng its just me in a car, on a track on, my own, in a 400bhp xfg turbo
where is the harm in this i ask???????

sure im not gonna use any tweaks or mods for online racing!!!!!
i mean wtfs the point???

anyways i think i know whats going on a bit more now
its kindda confussing for begginers tho with (lfs mods) sitting directly above (lfs forum) in the google search results for (lfs)

anyway i got 2 seperate folders now so i can tweak till the cows come home!!!
Quote from hankevans83 :sure im not gonna use any tweaks or mods for online racing!!!!!

U cant use them anyway
There is actually working tweaks for both Z and z28........the one for z is a bit simpler but allows you to add turbo to cars like xfg and xrg........for the z28 one i am using now allows you to tune specific things like turbo spin up speed etc...........as for vob mods, there are sources for it but it should not be disclosed here, as well as the z28 crack.

Using tweak online is impossible since you get auto banned. However, it is a joy when coupled with 70 degree steering lock and fully locked (not 20nm, but 2XXnm central diff locking) 4WD and at least 700ps........

Don't ask where you can get these because YOU WON'T GET IT.

LFS is a simulator. Not your simulator. The cars are best left what they are and the point of LFS is to enjoy driving and sharpen your skills.
Google is your best friend. It took me less than 5 minutes to find Z28 tweaker, I'm sure you will succeed too. Please understand that games like rFactor have proven that the less mods there are, the better online experience. Nobody here wants the LFS community to split up to gazillon of groups with different mods, hacks and tweaks, and thus there is a rule not to distribute such content.
-
(logitekg25) DELETED by logitekg25
Quote from logitekg25 :here you go

Delete ur post dude ...

Edit: Thanks. I mean, sorry to be mean that but that leaded pretty easily to cracks and that stuff - thatswhy.
do not get why....is it illegal to post links like that, even though it is just a google search
Quote from logitekg25 :do not get why....is it illegal to post links like that, even though it is just a google search

Its just a search yea, but none of us here wants demoers to crack the game. They need to buy it
did i link to a crack :hide:

oops, i thought i just linked to a page filled with tweak downloads

sorry all, well hank, google.com....hint
look people i dont wanna play r factor ok??

i just want to play lfs with a few mods ie: controlling turbocharger, adding slick tyres and stuff! what is the big problem with that???

look let me break it down for ya....

im gonna stick my head on the block and say with regret that around a week ago before i got my s2 licence i was using a *cracked z25* right

and i was so impressed that i bought it...payed money for it

i know i know its bad balahhh blahhh..
but my point is i enjoy lfs more than some people here!! so please dont push me off onto other games just cos i want some simple mods wich would make my lfs experiance even better than it allreaddy is

oh and just to say i have tryed tweak3 with z25 and it works for adding slicks and stuff but i cant get the turbo speed to work??? its driving me crazy

ive seen a tweak for z28 knocking around but its foreign language and i dont think its like one of the approved ones?? or some crap like that
Quote from hankevans83 :look people i dont wanna play r factor ok??

i just want to play lfs with a few mods ie: controlling turbocharger, adding slick tyres and stuff! what is the big problem with that???

look let me break it down for ya....

im gonna stick my head on the block and say with regret that around a week ago before i got my s2 licence i was using a *cracked z25* right

and i was so impressed that i bought it...payed money for it

i know i know its bad balahhh blahhh..
but my point is i enjoy lfs more than some people here!! so please dont push me off onto other games just cos i want some simple mods wich would make my lfs experiance even better than it allreaddy is

oh and just to say i have tryed tweak3 with z25 and it works for adding slicks and stuff but i cant get the turbo speed to work??? its driving me crazy

ive seen a tweak for z28 knocking around but its foreign language and i dont think its like one of the approved ones?? or some crap like that

The turbo speed tweak is to tune how your turbo spools up. You can have a very laggy one or one which spins up quickly.I tried it and it is great fun, ..........but anyway my point is LFS is best not to be tweaked, and if you want to discuss about mods and tweaks I advise you to NOT do it here. This is for discussion of the original z28 LFS game.
Quote from Neoman15M :The turbo speed tweak is to tune how your turbo spools up. You can have a very laggy one or one which spins up quickly.I tried it and it is great fun, ..........but anyway my point is LFS is best not to be tweaked, and if you want to discuss about mods and tweaks I advise you to NOT do it here. This is for discussion of the original z28 LFS game.

ok i will settle for just this one thing a maybe a slick mod for whatever patch im running

just tell me how the "turbo speed" tweak works for sure???

I find changing the turbo speed has (no affect what so ever over) over any car in lfs at all??? none not a sausage whether it be s1,s2 or demo cars. wtf is going on ppl ???

pls help me understand instead of just telling me "your one f*cking works"

(1) can i turbo....rather can you! turbo none "ANY" none turbo cars with it?? i dont hold much hope for this one but if not please tell me why its fillind in (0.4) under xfg ,xfr,and uf1 i think it is???

(2) as the standard config looks the turbo speed for all cars ranges between 0.2 and 1.1 changing any of these values dont work for any car at all.

even if i range far away from these figures to numbers like(1.654321) like the original tweak and still nothing!!!
tryed it in most cars.

what am i doing wrong???

pls help

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG