The online racing simulator
LFS Photomode Competition Round 55: Next Generation Graphics

This weeks theme is... "Next Generation Graphics".

Rules: (made by Taavi(EST), these will not be changed)

Edit a screenshot showing next generation graphics

Example 1
Example 2
Example 3

Cars: All Cars
Tracks: All Tracks

As usual, a preview pic of no bigger than 400 x 400 px , a link to the high res version and please write 'Final Entry' if it is so. Once you have posted your final entry, any edited posts will be removed from the competition.

Any entries with preview pictures bigger than 400 x 400 px will not be accepted

All entrants to post between the time of this post and 22:00 GMT on Friday 5th February 2010

No renders or old images to be used. Use only your own work. NO VOB MODS!

Thanks and good luck to all.
Can I emphasise that old images are not allowed. Last week was an exception to the rule, because the focus was on old LFS scenes.
Good theme, I might do something for this week.
#4 - 5tag
I may take part, too. Dmt's not gonna win here.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I'm a bit confused: Should we try to imagine what LFS'd look like if the devs were more focused on eye candy or rather imagine S3 graphics just taking the examples as a mere orientation? In the last case Dmt infact could win if the majority of voters are being too pessimistic about LFS development.^^
#5 - Dmt
Quote from 5tag :I may take part, too. Dmt's not gonna win here.

:cookiemon
-
(Thunderhead) DELETED by Thunderhead : not happy with it.
Can we make something that aims to look realistic, or does it have to be in various shades of brown with copious amounts of blur, like all current racing games?
Quote from ChiliFan :Can we make something that aims to look realistic, or does it have to be in various shades of brown with copious amounts of blur, like all current racing games?

Up to you.

Final Entry

High-Res
Original
the first pic ever, which made me click hi res !! Very nicely done, i believe you'll win again
Final entry
Attached images
Photomode comp lo-res.jpg
Photomode comp hi-res.jpg
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Final entry

Not saying ur image is bad or anything, but Im wondering why most of ur edits are so blurred looking? I think they would look much better if they were sharper , Ur idea is cool though

I might make an edit
Quote from lukelfs :Not saying ur image is bad or anything, but Im wondering why most of ur edits are so blurred looking? I think they would look much better if they were sharper , Ur idea is cool though

Most new racing games have got alot of blur anyway.
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Most new racing games have got alot of blur anyway.

I dont mean that :P, I mean ur images look so 'Soft' not the radial zoom blur lol, They just look so blurry lol,
Quote from hazaky :Looks fine to me except theskin, i mean ... wtf lol

I might try something too i think.

Yeah, thats a Drift Skin, So the one side is mirror-invented.
Changed my entry, I thought the Idea was ok, but it doesnt look great Final Entry

Hi-Res____________Lo-Res
Attached images
LFS Edit lol Hi.png
LFS Edit lol Lo.png
What happened to your traffic light? :P
I suppose it's... creative
Quote from JO53PHS :Once you have posted your final entry, any edited posts will be removed from the competition.

He can't edit this picture eny more, it's final.
He can edit his picture as much as he wants up until the closing time. He can remove 'Final Entry' from his post, and post another Final Entry later. I just require 'Final Entry' to be written on whichever post is the final/most up to date version, so I know which version to include in the competition poll.

Maybe I should rephrase that rule, but what it means is:

1) Any posts with half-finished pictures will be ignored if there is a completed version of the picture later on in the thread.

2) Any posts with edit dates/times AFTER the closing time of the competition will not be permitted into the competition, unless I know or the entrant can prove that they made no changes to the picture after the closing time.
I changed my entry
deleted my previous post, tweaked a bit my edit, now I'm happy with it, therefore this is my

FINAL ENTRY

Preview:

Full in attachment.
Attached images
whatijustdid2.jpg

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG