The online racing simulator
Controller issue - Brake Pedal Axis
Hi

I have a problem which i could not find another example of in the forum.

Recently fresh installed windows xp and games and wheel drivers (saitek r660 gt)
Wheel was working fine then went to play the other day and brake axis is jumping from 0 to 100% when the pedal is half way down. It is as if the signal LFS is getting is digital not analogue. All other axis and buttons are fine.

Brake axis working smoothly in windows controller setup but not in game. This is also the case with another driving game I have so this makes me think it is something in directinput or directx not passing data correctly to the games. I have run DXdiag and it reports no problems with the controller. I have reinstalled wheel drivers completely from fresh but still no joy.

Has one of the windows updates I have downloaded after my fresh windows install done something to Directinput?

I am at a loss and I think the wheel and pedals are fine so i dont want to get another just to find out its something on my system!!

Please help many thanks

BennyR
If you check the yellow/blue bar for the brake axis in LFS' axis assignment screen, does it move smoothly or is it 'digital' too?

If the bar moves smoothly, then the problem is related to ingame calibration. If it is on/off like the brake bar itself then it is indeed DirectInput screwing up.
Thanks Android

The blue bar is also moving in a digital way jumping from 0 to 100%

I tried also turning on single pedal axis in the windows game controller dialog but unfortunately it chooses the 'brake' axis not the 'gas' axis which is the working one! If I could alter this it would be a workaround of sorts

I guess I will have to look more into directx/directinput which is getting a bit technical for me :worried:

Does anyone know anything about directinput other than what it says in Dxdiag?
As often in the Windows world, reinstalling might help.
While you're at it, make sure you're using the latest drivers and software (just in case you're using outdated ones from a CD or such). Other than that, I'm at a loss too
Solved!
Yes! solved this prob

Found a program called DXtweak which displays the raw and directinput data at the same time. Reset the brake pedal axis to the default and bingo, directinput matched up to the raw data again

Thankx Android

surprised I didnt come across this great app earlier

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG