The online racing simulator
No more 'unlock limit'
(17 posts, started )
No more 'unlock limit'
When you buy computer games you can play the game with no time limit or play limit. So how about instead of 3 game unlocks you get unlimited unlocks!!!
LFS does have unlimited gameplay:

1) You get 3 (?) new unlocks every Friday
2) You shouldn't need to unlock your LFS every time you play it - I haven't unlocked it since I last installed a patch that required an unlock
3) On patches that require unlocks, the devs dish out a few more unlocks anyway

Quote from JO53PHS :1) You get 3 (?) new unlocks every Friday

Pretty sure you get one unlock every Friday, to a maximum of 3 unlocks*.

As JO53PHS said, you dont need to lock/unlock everytime you play. Its only if you switch back to DEMO licence for whatever reason or re-installing LFS etc that you need to use an unlock...

Edit: *to a maximum of 2 unlocks (thanks morpha)
You start with 3 unlocks, from there on the maximum is 2 and you get one every friday up to that limit. Additionally, when a patch is released that requires unlocking, the devs make sure everyone has sufficient unlocks available.
It is amazing how many people buy LFS without ever reading #3 of the already very short and userfriendly license agreement.
Even 1 unlock would be enough for 1 week in my opinion. Why would u need unlimited? Ur gonna unlock the game everywhere u go?
Quote from AndroidXP :It is amazing how many people buy LFS without ever reading #3 of the already very short and userfriendly license agreement.

It's amazing how many people buy LFS without reading any of the already very short and userfriendly license agreement.

OP: If you have to unlock LFS everytime you start it, or after a system restart, or generally more than once for one install that remains unchanged (no patches, etc.), your data/misc/ directory might be write protected, preventing LFS from writing the necessary files for permanent activation. I tried to convince Scawen to check whether the files can be written or not before processing the activation request, but either he forgot or simply overlooked the suggestion
I`l only unlock lfs when the patch requires.

And that is no so often, so maybe my lfs is unlocked like 5 months or 6, untill the new Test patch or Patch requires unlock the game
maybe hes playing on a family computor and his brother or something have a own account.. and thay share same lfs..

if thats the case..

just install 2 lfs whit 1 each unlock..
Quote from Mr_Lonely :maybe hes playing on a family computor and his brother or something have a own account.. and thay share same lfs..

if thats the case..

just install 2 lfs whit 1 each unlock..

if that's the case, they should buy a second account because sharing is against the EULA.
Quote from bunder9999 :if that's the case, they should buy a second account because sharing is against the EULA.

You misread the post
What he maint is that they share the same installation of LFS and always lock and unlock to switch to their own accounts
Quote from Mr_Lonely :maybe hes playing on a family computor and his brother or something have a own account.. and thay share same lfs..

If they shared accounts, there would be no need to keep locking and unlocking.
Quote from bunder9999 :if that's the case, they should buy a second account because sharing is against the EULA.

That's what he means...1 installation that gets used by 2 accounts.
Quote from Bean0 :That's what he means...1 installation that gets used by 2 accounts.

:doh::doh:

he could always install it into two locations, mainly inside the docs+settings directory.
Having a limited number of unlocks discourages pirating
Quote from bunder9999 ::doh::doh:

he could always install it into two locations, mainly inside the docs+settings directory.

In this case, maybe a proper improvement suggestion would be to make LFS a multi-user software, so you can have different unlocked accounts under the same installation.
There was a rather lengthy discussion about this when the installer was introduced, in short: Not going to happen (anytime soon).

No more 'unlock limit'
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG