The online racing simulator
Google Maps @ Top Gear
(31 posts, started )
Google Maps @ Top Gear
lol Btw, i had no idea Google maps works this good, are these 360 views availabe on Google Earth too?
#3 - Jakg
Old news unfortunately.

More random info - was looking at Street View round here, nowhere in Suffolk has it (even tho I've been behind several of the cars...), yet a small village in the middle of nowhere near Tristan has it, so I zoom in - turns out they did a lap of Lotus' Kettering test circuit, with a few other Lotus' on track at the same time, too (you can even see a 340R sideways at one point )
Quote from Jakg :
More random info - was looking at Street View round here, nowhere in Suffolk has it (even tho I've been behind several of the cars...), yet a small village in the middle of nowhere near Tristan has it, so I zoom in - turns out they did a lap of Lotus' Kettering test circuit, with a few other Lotus' on track at the same time, too (you can even see a 340R sideways at one point )

Old news unfortunately
Quote from Boris Lozac :lol Btw, i had no idea Google maps works this good, are these 360 views availabe on Google Earth too?

Same!
Hate to change the topic, but has anyone noticed that the majority of Western Europe has been nearly completed on Street View? Still waiting for my town to be included on it :@ lol
#7 - 5haz
Streetview stops about a few hundred yards from my road, even though I saw a streetview car come down my road and I pulled a silly pose as it came past.

I'm still waiting for it to show up.
Did anyone notice the guy in the red Golf is wearing a mask like he is planing to do a bank robbery?
Quote from ATHome :Did anyone notice the guy in the red Golf is wearing a mask like he is planing to do a bank robbery?

That guy? yeah kinda weird
Quote from ATHome :Did anyone notice the guy in the red Golf is wearing a mask like he is planing to do a bank robbery?

I think it is called having an African ancestry. I don't see a mask.
Top Gear featured this picture in their magazine i think it was a cardboard cut out in their office window
Yes, I was thinking that it was just a cardboard cutout. I found my car on Google Maps. There's some good stuff on google maps if you are board, from hookers to kids wrecking on bikes.
#14 - 5haz
That lawn needs some Miracle Grow.
Quote from 5haz :That lawn needs some Miracle Grow.

And someone shooting hoops too, that basket looks lonely
That's perfectly Okay
Does the "N" on the back window mean Noobalot at the wheel?
Nice big yard you have there, Dustin. Can you hear your neighbors snoring at night?

Google maps has gotten a lot less resolution in my area. I use to be able to see my house, now it's just a blob.

I like Bing maps rather than street view in google maps. Then again, I'm usually looking around where I live out in the middle of nowhere, where there is no street view. Bird's Eye view at Bing maps is pretty cool.
How am i suppose to 'move' through this street view, for example that link that Dawesdust posted, what if i want to go further down the street, is it possible?
#21 - Jakg
Yes, turn the road and click the arrow.
Quote from Xaid0n :Does the "N" on the back window mean Noobalot at the wheel?

N means I'm a novice driver.

Mike, we hear our neighbours every move. I fear what they hear when I'm home alone.
Quote from Jakg :Yes, turn the road and click the arrow.

Thanks.. this is so awesome
#25 - 5haz
I do kind of envy those who live over the pond, their streets always seem to be so spacious and clean, and the timber clad houses look so much nicer than weathered brick (the houses down my street have pebble dashed walls, eughhh).

Google Maps @ Top Gear
(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG