The online racing simulator
when you first started out
(25 posts, started )
hm. was wondering, what tracks/cars did you guys race/practice with when you first bought your S2 license, demo was nice to have you focused on one track with only like three cars to easily choose a favorite, then you get your S2 license, and get a wealth of new tracks and cars, just wondering where did you guys start out? focus on a track/car? or just hopped around trying everything?
I tried them all for a lap or two, online, As3 w/ FXR was always full of ppl so I got in the mix too and spent quite a lot of time there (now 3736 laps with that combo ).
Well at the beginning I raced everywhere I could with any car. I realized that still the best track is Blackwood and it stayed like that. Then I was looking for a car that would best fit me and thanks to Smax I race only FOX and XFG sometimes. FOX, XFG and Blackwood rule. (SO Classic is all right too.)
#4 - avih
I started with S1, and the 1st time I went online I was overwhelmed so many tracks, so many cars, and the tracks seemed so long to memorize. So much fun . 1st Tracks I've tried were South-City tracks and Fern Bay. And they were so different from the demo...

Then I started playing more and more with the MRT5 because I found it the most fun for me. The LX cars were a bit much for me in those days, and in S1 they were even harder than they are now. Then I bought a wheel (MS SideWinder FF USB, Still using it now) which upgraded the whole experience and made the LX cars more controllable (been driving with a mouse till then).

And.. When S2 came out I liked the Fox, FO8 and FZR, which are still my favorites. and only later started playing with the slower cars. But all are of them fun, even UF1000 on the Oval

cheers,
avih
with s1 i mostly raced on blackwood with the gti and xrt and on city classic i raced the mrt. in s2 i spent alot of time on aston national w/ the gtr because it is so popular. city classic with the fox and uf1 is pretty popular as well. Nowadays i really like kyoto national with any car (preferably the F08).
#6 - Vain
After my license I tried all cars for some minutes and sticked with the FZ 50 on AS Nat. But that wasn't a good choice.

Vain
#7 - richy
I raced the XFR first of all. you get some sick close racing and the cars arent rediculously hard to control, and gets you used to watching tyre wear and not long till you are hitting the same lines but trying to squeeze time out of it.

edit: oh and the XFR was pretty easy to skin so i made a skin and then didnt want to race anything but the XFR

the fox teaches you good single seater driving.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#8 - shim
my fav car is still the XRT, i use it nearly all the time, apart from that its the FOX mostly.. the track i learnt first was FE Gold Rev, cause that was on the server i first went to with my licence..
I drove RAC, XRT and F08 mostly

Tried the GTRs but hated them first. Of course the FXR @ AS nat came later, but managed to break the spell, only about 550 laps with that combo. Then moved to the FZR, which was painful to get used to. Now I'm mostly driving the XRR
when I bought my licenc I practiced a lot with the MRT at Aston 3 /i think / because a league was starting and i wanted to take part
nowadays the Aston Historic +XFR is the combo which I like the most
I love single seater racing away from LFS, so in LFS I only race Fox. I've tried the Formula V8's but because they are harder to drive there's too many people who cannot handle them and the racing isn't as close and fun*.

*I'm not saying which category I fall into here, just that the racing isn't as close and fun...
hopped about. tried everything. found out quickly that i find the oval in anything very boring. and more recently, found out that i love the mrt/fox, and hopefully with the new patch, ill be able to handle the fz5(love porsche's
well, i got my licence few days ago, and i seem to love Fox+South city long most, i have 1:36:13 there, with 47 laps of practice, oh and AS historic+FZR is fun too, 2:28 there...
Aston National with GTRs is popular and good learning track for newbies. I started with it.

Altough the popular track/car combos will be hopefully have some changes after the patch release.
i've always been a big open-wheel fan...so i started with the F08 and quickly realised it had waaay too much power for me at the time. So i switched to the FOX for a little while until i got a handle on that. Then went to the F08. I mainly race on the oval (which, by the way, i am the current world record holder on ) but i also do SO Classic and KY GP Long(all with the F08)
Quote :i've always been a big open-wheel fan...so i started with the F08 and quickly realised it had waaay too much power for me at the time. So i switched to the FOX for a little while until i got a handle on that. Then went to the F08. I mainly race on the oval (which, by the way, i am the current world record holder on ) but i also do SO Classic and KY GP Long(all with the F08)

same here. My first S2 race was at[FM] OVAL JUNLKES. It took my 5 mins. (or 1 race) to leave the pits.

dave4002000, do u really hold the record?. Is that with draft? Yesterday i set a 35.97
Quote from Rappa Z :
dave4002000, do u really hold the record?. Is that with draft? Yesterday i set a 35.97

he's talking about hotlaps though, you managed to pull 35.x by drafting. actually, 34's are possible ...
Quote from felplacerad :he's talking about hotlaps though, you managed to pull 35.x by drafting. actually, 34's are possible ...

yeah, i've seen 34.22 at oval junkies...
#19 - Jakg
Quote from Rappa Z :same here. My first S2 race was at[FM] OVAL JUNLKES. It took my 5 mins. (or 1 race) to leave the pits.

the world records are 34.2x, i think 35.00 is possible just using drafting (i am crap but i still got a 35.5x with a group of three draft-passing the whole way round!) after that bump draftign helps
Quote from felplacerad :he's talking about hotlaps though, you managed to pull 35.x by drafting. actually, 34's are possible ...

Yep, my world record is for hotlapping(i.e. only one car on the track)

With regular draft my best is 35.02 and with bumpdrafting my best is a 34.30
i like to drive FOX/blackwood & FOX/fern bay green
Quote from dave4002000 :i've always been a big open-wheel fan...so i started with the F08 and quickly realised it had waaay too much power for me at the time. So i switched to the FOX for a little while until i got a handle on that. Then went to the F08. I mainly race on the oval (which, by the way, i am the current world record holder on ) but i also do SO Classic and KY GP Long(all with the F08)

Same here as well.

Cant remember what track, but i stamped on the throttle and spun right round. Lol, the days of being new...

But now, FOX at SO Classic, love the commitment needed all the way through the lap.
FOX @ SO long Rev

now, i love racing the mrt

love to see more servers hosting mrt racing(probably are, should look)
#24 - JTbo
It was xr gt @ blackwood, of course same happened with S1 and also with earlier demo versions before S1 was even available. I just like that track and car, ok
fisrt i play the demo for about half year and i was crap.....

then i bought the S1 and my favorite car was the RB4 and i did most drags but after the S2 pre buy was avilable i bought it and when its out i try all cars and now my favorite is FO8 (soon BF1 ) in oval and blackwood

(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG