The online racing simulator
New Power Supply
(4 posts, started )
New Power Supply
Alright so I popped a new graphics card into my PC and no I'm having a few problems. They happen when powering the whole thing up.
I have 6 HDDs and ATM only 4 work, the other 2 connected to a different SATA controller seem to have some issues with powering up, so I ended up disconnecting them entirely. Connecting them to the same line of Molex connectors as the new card may have been the issue but I haven't had time to toy around yet.
BTW the HDDs are still functional (at least the one the controller didn't detect at all anymore) so they aren't fried (yet).
All of this means that I'm currently more than reluctant to connect my new Intel HDD to the thing.
Also the issue seems to be solely the power up, I've played Crysis for the last half hour or so without any problems whatsoever so at least the current PSU isn't completely overloaded.

Anyway I was wondering if any of you knew a good new PSU to replace mine (currently a 3 year old Fortron 500W so not exactly a piece of shite).
Moneys not much of an issue up to around 100€ (at which point the whole thing starts to become more expensive than the card).

Preferably with some test from a reliable hardware site to back up the recomendation.

On a related topic has any of you got experience with installing Vista drivers on 7? Possibly even with getting an Nforce4 to work under 7.
#2 - amp88
Is there any chance you can enable staggered spin-up of the drives (so they don't all spin up immediately as you hit the power button on the machine)? It's a long shot, but the peak draw of 6 hard drives on the PSU if they all start at the same time will be very high. If you need to get a new PSU you could do a lot worse than going for something in the Corsair HX range (HX520/620). They are probably going to be a little more than 100 Euros, but they are very good. There are plenty of reviews available if you Google for them.
well it wasnt the psu i know that much by now
im guessing the silicon image sata controller is a bit messed up now for whatever reason (wasnt particularly fond of it at any point anyway)
Even if you are not going to get a new PSU i am very impressed by Corsairs PSU's. I just got a Corsair TX 650 and the thing is excellent. Very well priced.

New Power Supply
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG