The online racing simulator
Star Trek Online
(17 posts, started )
Star Trek Online

Has anyone else been playing the open beta of this game? I just finished the first section and so far I love it. It's easily the best Star Trek game ever made, it makes you feel like you're part of your own Star Trek film. The graphics are great for an mmo, and the gameplay is easy to learn but difficult to master. I've barely scratched the surface and I'm totally impressed, this is the first game I've played that has actually lived up to the hype.

For anyone who has not heard of it, go check it out...

www.startrekonline.com
#2 - Migz
Looks interesting, what kind of MMO is it? RPG? RTS?
i signed up for the beta a couple years ago before the game changed development companies, and then i never got any emails back afterwards... but seeing what crap they churned the game into, i'm not worried.
Both. (Answering Migz)

I am DL'ing the Beta now.

And no, before anyone comes in asking or stating, this will not beat WoW.
Quote from Migz :Looks interesting, what kind of MMO is it? RPG? RTS?

I guess it's more RPG, at the moment it seems like most of the missions are the "go there kill that" type, probably because there are level caps and you can only go in one sector in the beta. There are strategic elements in the game, such as flanking and teamwork, and during ship combat you need to manage power between the different shields and weapons.
Dammit, anyone got a spare Beta Key? Didnt bother registering before DL and now all the sites are out of them....

I thought its open beta.... There should be no limitations....
try steam if you have an account... i think they're still open until after the weekend.
I dont want to buy it/Pre order. I dont even know if I will like it.
#9 - Migz
Ahah, sounds rather interesting. Not able to get a beta code so thats depressing
If you pre-order the game you get a code, I think there are limited numbers for the other sites.
Is it like, a bit like EVE?
#12 - Migz
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :If you pre-order the game you get a code, I think there are limited numbers for the other sites.

Unluckily im not the kind of MMO player who plays anything where you have to pay in order to play :/.

Unluckily as of yet i've not found any decent free MMO's
Quote from BlakjeKaas :Is it like, a bit like EVE?

from what i've seen in videos and stuff, sortof... one of the things that bugs me about STO since it changed hands, is that you can only be a federation captain or a klingon warrior... i want to be borg, damnit.

all the hours i spent playing SFC3's borg missions, i think i only got blown up twice when i was flying a cube... and one of those was because i flew into a planet by accident.
I'm willing to bet they will release an expansion of some kind where you can play as the Borg, because a lot of the missions seem to envolve them.
God this is so annoying.... Cannot get a beta key anywhere....

And sites that still have them are only available to "Premium" accounts. Didnt know they can make money off freaking Beta keys....
#16 - Migz
Got my beta key the other day and finished downloading it today.
Played it a bit and the customization options are VAST! Dude, **** the sims, this things got more!
Im liking it so far, really liking the bit where your controlling your ship.
sorry to bump this but I have recently started playing this and am really enjoying it. I was wondering if anyone else plays it. My User is Luke_ws123

Star Trek Online
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG