The online racing simulator
New G25 setup
(3 posts, started )
New G25 setup
I constructed this racing cockpit a couple days ago. Total cost was $21 in supplies. I started by measuring all the dimensions from my drivers seat so that I had references when cutting the wood. Things came out pretty well and I feel like im sitting in my car while play LFS and Gran Turismo. The seat is fully adjustable forward, backward etc.

I have never in my life built anything wood related..so if you are a trained carpenter.... sorry if I jacked up your trade. I do have hours of Bob Villa and Chuck Norris video/movies under my belt. I watched them make things out of wood a few times.

total time from start to getting back to my room roughly 4 hours

I tested the setup out and it drives very well. I will brace it with some L brackets... It's pretty solid without them but I just want extra bracing because I have the force feedback on 10. Tomorrow I will Fab up a Shifter mount.

If you want to build your own, I have all of the measurements.
Looks sexy... Keep up the good work. I am looking into building a small table, not necessarily a cockpit too. This is surely good inspiration. Sadly, I won't be able to afford any type of Sparco Seat, or get a set alone shifter or clutch... All I settle for is a cheap FFB joystick that is the size of a CRT monitor, and a set of black DFGT pedals =S...
Nice work, though I do have to say it looks kinda wobbly. I imagine it could twist and deform quite a bit without additional bracing, though it's hard to tell the pliability of the wood from just the photos of course.

New G25 setup
(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG