The online racing simulator
LFS Development Poll
(66 posts, started )

Poll : How is the LFS Development speed?

Development is a tad slow, but it’ll be ready when it’s ready.
Development is slow and needs to speed up.
Development is fine as it is right now.
LFS Development Poll
Hey guys,

Now, there have been (too) many threads about lfs development speed. Quite frankly, I think that development is quite slow, but my life is pretty busy so I don't really get around to playing that much LFS around this time of the year.

Now, in each of these threads there seems to be two sides (obviously). One side thinks that everyone says development is too slow, the other side that it will be out when it's out.

So, to decide once and for all (hopefully) what the community thinks, I am opening a poll. Vote one of the choices and all of us will see what the community really thinks. Happy?

Thanks,
Shashdev
This thread will only bring forth flaming and bad language, please let it be The development is what it is, nothing we can do about it.
What the hell?!

Is 50 threads about this already not enough?

Just leave it be..... Its getting quite freaking annoying.....
If we have 50 threads ,let us make 1 poll
Agreed; there have been plenty of threads arguing that the development is too slow.

How many games do you know constantly get developed after you buy them? Not many. People should be happy they get updates and play something else while they wait - OR - quit complaining and deal with it like the rest of us. It is what it is, it won't change.
Quote from shashdev :Hey guys,

Now, there have been (too) many threads about lfs development speed.

Now, in each of these threads there seems to be two sides (obviously). One side thinks that everyone says development is too slow, the other side that it will be out when it's out.

So, to decide once and for all (hopefully) what the community thinks, I am opening a poll. Vote one of the choices and all of us will see what the community really thinks. Happy?

Do you realize that this thread is just one more added to the already too many threads on this topic and it will with 99% certainty end just like any of the other threads?
Lol, a poll won't change a thing and you'll get the same arguments again in this thread Besides, I don't think there are anough options to vote. I, for example, think that development is too slow but I don't necessarily think it needs to speed up. If this is how long it takes to do stuff for Scawen then that's how it is, not much you can do about it Besides, I don't really care about LFS right now so it doesn't matter much to me.
Quote from obsolum :I, for example, think that development is too slow but I don't necessarily think it needs to speed up. If this is how long it takes to do stuff for Scawen then that's how it is, not much you can do about it

Isn't that exactly what the second option says?

I thought it was and voted for that.
Quote from blackbird04217 :How many games do you know constantly get developed after you buy them? Not many.

While this is true, how many games get released in their alpha state? It should be a given that an alpha game gets updated and eventually becomes a finished product.

It's been over 7 years now, maybe the devs would rather do something else, but they feel bound to LFS by the promises made to the community. Certainly with the addition of real cars and laser scanned tracks it seems they'd like to go in a different direction.
If the devs would need more money, they should arrange races which have entry fee's so they can get more money for LFS to make the development faster. Ofcourse the races has prizes for winners and some of it goes to them. just a thought
There are three people in control of development speed. It doesn't matter what any of us think or what the poll results are. Nothing we think, do or say will influence that so probably best to drop it.

One thing I don't understand is everyone's expectation of new stuff on a regular basis. If you look at S2 today, it's worth the money you pay for it. Then add on the extras, the forum, LFS World, etc. Still think you got a bad deal?

I hate to sound like a fanbio, I'm actually not. I'm just happy with LFS, what I payed for it. I think it's one of the most unique development processes I've ever seen. Just the fact that we get to actually communicate with the devs, and they listen, and accomodate the community, make it worth it for me.

@Shashdev, this wasn't directed towards you personally. I've been watching the "slow dev" threads and just can't understand how people can expect so much for the little they paid.
Read other threads before you post the same thing again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again
Quote from Seb66 :Read other threads before you post the same thing again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again

And theeeeeeeen? (From Freddy got fingered movie)
If it would change anything everybody would choose 3rd option, but as it wont change anything everyone will choose 1 and 2 just to show they are tough and can wait forever.
Quote from exspeed :If the devs would need more money, they should arrange races which have entry fee's so they can get more money for LFS to make the development faster. Ofcourse the races has prizes for winners and some of it goes to them. just a thought

They don't need money, they just need time. They're self employed so it's not like they need more money to recruit a bigger team of people.
Quote from exspeed :If the devs would need more money, they should arrange races which have entry fee's so they can get more money for LFS to make the development faster. Ofcourse the races has prizes for winners and some of it goes to them. just a thought

You know, gambling is not allowed in some countries. To finish a race nowadays you need a lot of luck

Quote from Amynue :If it would change anything everybody would choose 3rd option, but as it wont change anything everyone will choose 1 and 2 just to show they are tough and can wait forever.

Yes, i am a tough guy

Vote and go, only vote and go , nothing to see here !!
Only voted the first option because I am getting sick of these stupid and useless threads. They wont change a thing so whats the point? Get on with your lifes people.... There are other things to do....
Quote from zeugnimod :Isn't that exactly what the second option says?

No, 'cause that says "a tad slow". It's not a tad slow. It's horribly slow
I do not see the use of this thread since it will only result in a flame war yet again.
You will however see i voted, which perfectly states my opinion of the development speed.
Where is the poll option "Ban the creator of the thread?"
Quote from Inouva :Where is the poll option "Ban the creator of the thread?"

Why would you want to do such a cruel thing?

^_^ Everyone's entitled to an opinion, but it's not gonna change anything as Scawen (hope I spelled his name correctly) does it his own way and will take as long as he wants

Therefore this is quite pointless.
empty,

sorry , i made bob upsaid oh dear
Large text doesn't help get your point across. It just makes you look like an idiot.
Quote :Development is slow and needs to speed up.

Not being mean, just my honest opinion. Don't take this the wrong way...
If the middle option would have been "Development is very slow, but it’ll be ready when it’s ready" then I would have picked that, but with these options the bottom one is closest to the truth in my opinion.

LFS Development Poll
(66 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG