LLWS 2010 Round 5 - South City Classic 100 Protests
You know the drill...

EDIT:
Session
your name
Cars Involved
Lap/time
description out of your point of view

You need to have your protests submitted by Sunday at 2100 UTC.
Session: Race
My Name: 34 D. Engel
Cars Involved: 87 O. Rinne
Lap: lap 52, last lap, after the chicane
Description: car 87 spins, rejoins the track unsafely, causes me to crash and fall from 7th to 14th place
You need to have your protests submitted by Sunday at 2100 UTC.

d
your name: A.Pettigrew
Cars Involved: 10-Me, 48 M.Saidl
Lap/time 1.04.16-onwards, Chicane and last turn. Lap 51

My View:

Going for the restart for one last sprint to the finish and everyone was bunched up, people didn't leave enough room and for some reason M.Saidl felt it was alright to pass me and stay infront even tho I had not spun.
Just for everyone's reminder...discussion of protests goes in race discussion thread.

We are searching for overtaking under SC/restarts, ignoring yellow flags (especially at the chicane, especially after Safety Car deployed).

There will also be harsh penalties for ignoring admin instructions as to which side of the track to stay on at certain points on the track.

I encourage you to point out to us incidents that cost you yourself time or a position that you feel was avoidable...we don't want every incident reported, we could easily look that up ourselves.

Yes, feel free to protest even the things I said we're searching for...it helps us.

We probably aren't going to be very kind about some things in this race...I'm only on lap 8 and I've already gotten rather upset at some behaviour.

d
My Name: 47 D. Jähnig
Cars Involved: 32 R. Hoiting; 47 D. Jähnig
Lap: lap 3; righthander up to the Highway.
Description: Car 32 try to pass between 09 an 47 with all force. Pushing 47 more and more to the outside and spun me.

Cars Involved: 32 R. Hoiting; 47 D. Jähnig
Lap: lap 7; righthander after the chicane.
Description: Car 32 try to pass me via divebomb.

Cars Involved: 32 R. Hoiting; 09 J. Sedgwick; 47 D. Jähnig
Lap: lap 8; righthander up to the Highway.
Description: Car 32 missed the brakes, rammed Car 09 which hitted me then.

Cars Involved: 47 D. Jähnig, My Internetprovider
Lap: lap 28; right before S/F
Description: Provider disconectet me from the server!
My Name: 06 J. Teien
Cars Involved: 06 J. Teien, 96 E. Orza
Lap: 3 (start finish line)
Description: I was trying to pass him near the wall, I managed to pull alongside him but doesn't give me much room pushing my into the wall. Both us with damage.

My Name: 06 J. Teien
Cars Involved: Me overtaking before start finish line.
Lap: 13(14)
Description: I didn't notice the NO PASS BEFORE START FINISH LINE, but I saw other people slow down heavly, and I didn't know what to do, I passed them cuz if i slowed down there would be a pile up behind. But then when i passed only one guy before start finishline I slowed down letting 3 other people pass aswell to NOT have a penalty but later I do.

And I saw 87 O. Rinne Pass 30 N. Puntola rigth before the line. He didn't get a penalty.

Please check through the whole replay.

My Name: 42 O.Hardwick
Cars Involved: 44 S.Hutchinson
Lap: Lap 28 as the Saftey Car was deployed
Description: car 42 has track position and lifts as he sees the SC que. 44 then goes past and stays in position.

I know It's a close one to call... but please look into it.

thanks,

Oscar.
#9 - Seb66
Quote from oscarhardwick :Session: Race
My Name: 42 O.Hardwick
Cars Involved: 44 S.Hutchinson
Lap: Lap 28 as the Saftey Car was deployed
Description: car 42 has track position and lifts as he sees the SC que. 44 then goes past and stays in position.

I know It's a close one to call... but please look into it.

thanks,

Oscar.

Yeah agreed it was a close call. I think Oscar was in front of me, but since i was on a full tank of fuel at over half race distance due to vent communication fail on my part i needed all the places i could get he showed no sign of wanting to come back past me, so i kept the position.

EDIT:
your name: 44 S.Hutchinson
Cars Involved: 13 R.Salama
Lap/time: Lap 41, Last corner to S/F
Lap 42, T1+

description out of your point of view: Car 13 (Back marker) slows to allow his teammate to catch draft down the start finish line. He then does not yield to me into turn 1 but slows dramatically 10kmh slower than is possible to take the corner, he takes a little bump from me due to this lack of speed and gets out of shape. I am now along side him on the straight after T1. He is still not yielding the position despite being under a blue flag. Obviously trying to cause me as much trouble as possible to allow his teammate to get away. He then slowly starts pushing me towards the outside wall, I hold my straight line and his rear comes across my front, totally wreaking us both. His driving skills need improving big time.. also seen at lap 27 in the chicane. If he can't take corners at a suitable race speed he shouldn't race.
#10 - Ori
Your Name: 0 O. Motorson
Cars Involved: 06 J. Teien; 30 N. Puntola; 0 O. Motorson
Lap/time: 14min 47sec / start of lap 12
Description out of your point of view: 06 J. Teien passes 0 O. Motorson and 30 N. Puntola during Safety-Car period.

Cars Involved: 06 J. Teien; 66 N. Vallée; 0 O. Motorson
Lap/time: 17min 48sec
Description out of your point of view: 06 J. Teien brakes or better said test-brakes in front of 66 N. Vallée and 0 O. Motorson.

Please read the statement concerning 06 J. Teien at the end of the reports.

Cars Involved: 33 Y. Laprevotte; 0 O. Motorson and others
Lap/time: 47min 31sec
Description out of your point of view: 33 Y. Laprevotte turns into 0 O. Motorson and causes several crashes. It was a stupid manouver and totally avoidable.

________

Concerning 06 J. Teien:

NDR, what does he need to do more to have you self-declared stewards (I actually should not paraphrase things and tell you what you really are but anyway ... ) finally taking some educating measures and teach him a lesson?
He has crahed others, misbehaved, ... in EVERY SINGLE RACE he has been in. It is simply, purely annoying to be in the same place / race / event with him. If there are no satisfying improvements I will consider my participation.

disgusted

Ori
Session : Race
your name : 33 Y.Laprevotte
Cars Involved : 0 O.Motorson ; 44 S.Hutchinson : 33 Y.Laprevotte
Lap/time : Lap 36-37/47:25 to 47:35
description out of your point of view : Mr.Motorson was caught there swerving during the whole straight, or more precisely changing directions several times for no apparent reason, like a newbie driver using a non-stabilised keyboard would do. As our beloved admins did everything they could to have the best possible standards in this league and created good enough requirements in order to prevent newbies from entering this league, I'm sadly obliged to draw the conclusion that Mr. Motorson is experienced enough to drive straight, and therefore decided to swerve in order to disturb his opponents, which eventually leaded in a disastrous looking pile-up at the end of the straight.
I guess there's no need to remind everyone that changing line more than 1 time a straight is forbidden, but in the very unlikely case some people still aren't aware of that, I would advice them to check that quote, from the Rules of Clean Racing, which are to be found at LFS Manual : "O-5: Leading drivers have the right to choose any line down a straight. The leading driver may make one move to block the opposing car, and one move to return to the racing line before the next corner - Unless the opposing car has overlap."

Disgusted, but still having faith in clean racing, still enjoying his involvement at the LFSCART Light Winter Series, and definitively not considering stopping his participation

Yann
Please forgive me that I don't order it, but the following list is the list of decissions. Everything else was deemed racing incident. If you have questions about it please write me a pm about it and I'll be answering it.

- Car 87 is black flagged and excluded to the race following his reckless and dangerous recovery from an incident. Furthermore his driver Oscar Rinne is on a 90 day probation for his actions.

- Car 48 gets a drive-through penalty for overtaking before the line on a race restart. This penalty will be converted into 30-second-time-penalty.

- Car 32 gets a stop-and-go-penalty for avoidable incidents. This penalty will be convertet into a 45-second-time-penalty.

- Car 06 gets a drive-through penalty for an avoidable incident. This penalty will be converted into a 30-second-time-penalty.

- Car 13 gets a 1 Lap penalty for delliberate blocking under blue flag. (see New Dimension Racing Sporting Code)

- Car 42 gets a 1 lap penalty for dangerous driving during a full-course-caution.

- Car 44 will not score towards the Owner's Points for pit stopping in the Last pit box.

- Car 00 will get a 45-second-time-penalty. His drive-through-penalty for his behaviour at restart 1 is upgraded to a stop-and-go-penalty, converted to 15 additional seconds. For overtaking before the line on restart 3 he gets a drive-trhough-penalty, converted into a 30-seconds-time-penalty.

- Car 66 will get a 3-lap-penalty for running into car which was upside down.

- Car 52 gets a 45-second-time-penalty for unsafe recovery.

- Car 35 gets a drive-through-penalty for causing an avoidable incident. This penalty will be converted into a 30-second-time-penalty.

Ehm yeah... I really hope that such a mayham won't be repeated at Blackwood GP for the Chase Cup. To be serious I don't want to see it repeated and I hope that it'll be better at the Winter Grand Prix. Remember there is the Chase Cup!

General stuff: I want to remind ALL drivers to stay cautious when a caution comes out! Best is to get off throttle and to read wheather there are information in the in-game-chat about the caution, of where to go after a corner and such information!
Also Warning to all competitors to not slow to attempt to return an unfairly overtaken position: braking of any sort to attempt to do so will be deemed unsafe and will result in exclusion.
This thread is closed

LLWS 2010 Round 5 - South City Classic 100 Protests
(12 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG