The online racing simulator
FWD ATL - General Discussion
Here we go, the FWD Amateur Trackday League.

Base car setups:
UFR - 25% intake restriction - 123hp/64ftlb, 1322lbs.
XFR - 26% intake restriction - 154hp/136ftlb, 1851lbs.

Schedule:
January 31 - KY2R, 14 Laps
February 21 - SO1, 25 Laps
March 14 - FE2R, 20 Laps
April 25 - AS1, 25 Laps
May 16 - BL1R, 20 Laps
June 27 - SO6R, 22 Laps

Timetable:
18:00GMT - open qualify ends, lag laps begin
18:25GMT - grid sorting
18:30GMT - race

Rules:
-Please follow the gentleman's rules as set out in the LFS manual. Infractions could result in points penalties and/or disqualification from the league... but let's hope it doesn't come to that. We're supposed to be having clean fun here.
-No requirements for skins, or car numberings/plates/etc, but I do need to know who is who, and please keep it tasteful.
-Racer points will be assigned as shown on the registration list.
-Teams can sign up for the pure basis of easier record keeping, however there will be no team points assigned.
-You can qualify the entire month leading up to the race.

Practice server:
A server to practice has been set up, called "FWD ATL". It will run the next race's track in practice mode until the open qualify time ends.

Useful info:
Registration info, and eventually results - click

How to sign up:
Post your info here and I'll update the spreadsheet. Thanks for participating.
FYI first 2 rounds clash with iTCC and the third is the Kyoto 250 qualifying day.
Quote from boothy :FYI first 2 rounds clash with iTCC and the third is the Kyoto 250 qualifying day.

i know. i was hoping to attract people who have never league raced before.
Practice server is now running, the name is the same as this thread.

I'll be on there off-and-on all the way up to the race, even though I'll be watching them on the 31st.

Any problems, you can pm me and I'll see what I can do.
Apparently I fudged the airio config on the practice server. I'll have that fixed tomorrow.

edit: Done, PM me if it starts going nuts again.
Just noticed that there's quite a few quick guys here for a FWD 'Amateur' Trackday championship.

E: Not complaining, just may wanna rethink the name :P
Quote from pacesetter :Just noticed that there's quite a few quick guys here for a FWD 'Amateur' Trackday championship.

E: Not complaining, just may wanna rethink the name :P

I'm not gonna stop them from joining.
Quote from bunder9999 :I'm not gonna stop them from joining.

I never said you had to, lol
hmm in race be wind ? FWD amateur trackday league training server have wind !
Also, quite a few of us online right now if anyone wants to join!
Quote from paegle. :hmm in race be wind ? FWD amateur trackday league training server have wind !

remnant from an old config, turned it off.
tnx
the server had the LFS Remote activated?
I think not...
no, it's active.
that's cool, now I can see what is going on on server...
i got some more of my work schedule today, and all but the last race is on it... to boot, the extrapolated dates were correct, so they stand as current schedule.
Category has been set up for us by Victor. Many thanks.

I hope I've split up the old thread good enough, I had to edit and/or copy some posts so the new threads make sense.
keep it up .
Round six date has been confirmed.
a 10-9-8 points system would be rediculous, and a 100-90-80 is no less rediculous, and giving points down to 30+th position when at the last 2 rounds the number of racers was around 5 or 6 is equally rediculous. Why can't you just give a normal points system

Also if this is a newbie league there should be a similar admin precedure as in bigger leagues, atm theres nowhere to put protests etc and in a begginers league bad driving standards should be punished. I understand 100% that your admining this by yourself but you've come up with a good idea for a league and that was shown by the turnout there was for the first round. Current players are willing to help you if you need it, and atm with only 5 drivers driving, you would have only a few incidents to look at which you probably looked at anyway out of interest or saw as we raced.

I'm not meaning to sound like its hatebunder day but 2 examples are that if Delis times out on the last lap, and doesnt finish and I won, I'd pretty much have the championship rapped up when I only won 1 race to his 9 million. Also I actually won't make the next round, if someone else had actually competed in every round they would almost certainly beat me no matter where I'd finished in all the other races with the current system.

16 may is not the best day me neader. Would be much better suited to may 23 for me. but if 16 then 16 and i try to be here
it's the only weekend i have off this month... sorry.

about the scoring, i asked for suggestions and i only got one.

with regards to even more qualms about how many point slots there are, well, i was planning on giving everyone who showed up (and completed at least one lap) points. with over 30 registrants, it's not my fault we only have <6 people in some races (on second though, maybe it is).

i'm sorry, but i'm not going to sit here constantly recalculating the score sheet.

with regards to protests, i've always said that people could send me a PM.

i'm going to be blunt, i wanted to do this for fun, but this is really starting to become a hassle.
That's what happens when people race for points instead of good racing...
then 16 may

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG