The online racing simulator
Maybe it's crazy to make such big noise out of something a majority (I think it's the majority anyway ) here has been aware of for a while and is really not agreeing with you either

And, why should the high-nose setups be removed? Like you said it yourself, the wrs were driven under the (de)limitations of the then-current engine.

All I'm really saying is that ppl are still uploading (fast) hotlaps knowing full well they'll be erased in a few days. Why is it such a big thing for you, but not for them, and they're HC HL'ers?
the hotlap section then would be a bit pointless imho as most of the records wouldnt change if the new patch causes people to be slower (which i doubt) we would have a whole section pointlessly on lfs, reseting of the world records will bring a new clean and fresh slate to lfs, setups will need to be redesigned and people will have to adjust to the racing feel again as it will be different. This way everyone starts at the same level.

Yes its true that in f1 they dont reset the best laps but does anyone really pay attention to them? no as they know they have been set in a different f1 era, ok same could be said for lfs but that would just take the fun out of hotlapping, also not forgetting that lfs isnt a finished game yet, after lfs is fully completed then we can keep the records for good...
Either way they should be wiped.

If they can be easily beaten by new physics, then whats the point in keeping them?

If they can't be beaten BECAUSE of the fixes in the new physics, then they SHOULD be deleted as they're effectively cheats as far as the new patch can see.

Maybe archive them with a version number next to them?
Off topic - There are some avatars back
I'm spitting my dummy because I've wasted thousands of hours doing tens of thousands of laps to get 229 current laps in the charts. They will now be deleted. Those hours and hours of work will be gone.

Flame all you like. Talk all the reason you like. Emotion is king right now, and I'm not happy about losing that effort!
So now I'm going to go and sulk in a corner.....
Didn't you guess that, being an Alpha, LFS would get patches and that like every other physics change the hotlaps would be reset? did you wonder why such a tiny amount of people have done the usual amount of hotlapping? I mean come on. The first* someone thinks when LFS gets a physics update is 'hotlap reset'

* might actually be like the 10th, but you get my point.
Ha, I still feel for the guy. Maybe he doesn't follow the forums much . Nonetheless, I've never put much effort into hotlapping knowing it's a waste of time to some extent for now. But I guess not everyone knows that... Pity...
Quote from DJglass :...I've wasted thousands of hours doing tens of thousands of laps to get 229 current laps in the charts. They will now be deleted. Those hours and hours of work will be gone.

Not totally wasted.. all those hours mean you learned better driving skills and mastered those difficult corners.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG