The online racing simulator
AI Teacher
(5 posts, started )
#1 - Woz
AI Teacher
Has anyone thought of creating an app that allows you to select a range of cars and tracks and that then runs a series of AI only races with random start positions, cars and tracks until each AI has hit its limit for each car.

The key is the random start positions and cars so that the AI learns to overtake etc.

This way people can get their AI up to speed properly
Set your starts to random (its in the options somewhere) put the ai on 30-40 lap races and go do something = trained ai after a while.
#3 - Woz
Quote from mkinnov8 :Set your starts to random (its in the options somewhere) put the ai on 30-40 lap races and go do something = trained ai after a while.

The thing is I have found that the AI improves loads if they try to overtake. The best way I have found is that you put a whole range of different cars in the track so there are huge speed differences between AI.

So if you could get the AI teacher to run a series of 5 lap races and then change AI position and cars being used each race the AI will improve loads more than a 40 lap race.

But this is a pig to configure at the moment and then start each race etc.
I totally see your point there Woz, but the facilities to do this are already in the game, setting different cars is fine, but random starts will give the results you want, the ability to run a series of races that automaticly restart would be helpful.
#5 - Jakg
errrrrrr.... where is the random start setting?

AI Teacher
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG