The online racing simulator
Travis Pastrana Flies...
(83 posts, started )
yeah and you have to get up that ramp. Hm i wonder when Ken Block counters it
imo Travis is overall more skilled then Ken, but yet again you don't really need skills for this -.-
Yeah Travis is a multitalent i guess he could easily backflip this. If you see him doing this everyday you really get to think this would be easy :O
Nice chat thing you have going on there.
/me kicks zeug in teh nuts
/me kicks zeug in the nuts
Well if the launch height and landing height are assumed to be the same.

And we know gravity is -9.81m/s/s.

Then we could use physics to work backwards and see the estimated speed of launch knowing that we need to stay airborne for 269feet (81.9912m according to google).

We would also need to know how long he was in the air for - (that or how high he got from the landing/launch point).

My point is that this it the type of thing people do before they setup for something like this; they prove it is possible before attempting it. Which is the big difference between some idiot trying it at home and the people who made it big. (Again, this isn't saying it is easy to complete the task, or that it doesn't require focus of a special type, just that the knowledge that everything will be ok under X circumstances proves it to work.)
i agree, i am mostly lead by the knowledge too. That is why i said they made him crash on purpose in the first place
Well considering your thoughts on this i must add that there is no chance to enlarge the brake space
well yea, there isn't. But they could have held this in a different place
This is a great surrounding so i guess they took it because of that in the first place. I mean in the Desert they could have easily made this longer and faster but it wouldnt be that thrilling
there must be some docks aside this one in that whole america
Effect on the viewer, i mean this is obviously marketing stuff.
you know what, let's get back to part where we're stealing that car
Ok
Even I could do that. All you need is pushing the throttle and some nuts. Nothing can go wrong, really.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Even I could do that. All you need is pushing the throttle and some nuts. Nothing can go wrong, really.

Well do it then... And that is the difference between him and you, he does this stuff and we all don't.
Yeah he's a bit more popular than I am, haha
Quote from G!NhO :Well do it then... And that is the difference between him and you, he does this stuff and we all don't.

This is true to a point and false on another. I know there are enough people that do big jumps and things that don't get the recognition that would be just as capable of doing this specific stunt etc... But popularity, chance for media to get ahold of it, is more important; and thus why he has the spotlight.

Now, to say that I could do that may be lying. Do I have the skills, certainly. Do I have ALL 100% of the balls it takes; probably not when it came to actually hitting the throttle, but I am sure I had enough balls to get myself into the situation.

Regardless, the skill needed is that of a high-school physics degree, ability to hit the throttle, keep the wheel straight and keep a straight head while during this procedure (which is where the 'balls' come in). Also needed a car that can accelerate and maintain calculated launch speed in the amount of runway given.

--------

So back to your quote the difference between him and others is not really that he does this stuff; there are many other people that do it as well whom don't get the fame and are therefor not 'media tagets'
I love how redbull credits him with a 'legend" status on their video description so quickly.
That was sick.

Quote from Sueycide_FD :I love how redbull credits him with a 'legend" status on their video description so quickly.

Well Codemasters credited him with a 'legent' too, in Dirt 2.
Quote from Sueycide_FD :I love how redbull credits him with a 'legend" status on their video description so quickly.

Well with his frame he was the one who brought rally to the x-games and made rally so famous in America when it was a dead sport, watch a documentary about him called 199 Lifes.
Quote from N I K I :/me kicks zeug in teh nuts

Quote from baSh0r :/me kicks zeug in the nuts

WTH, now both of them hurt. Too bad I'm not a kartor and have an extensive collection of them.

I'll remember that next time any of you is on the IHR server.
Awsomestuff

Travis Pastrana Flies...
(83 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG