The online racing simulator
Connection list
(13 posts, started )
Connection list
Hello,

I have two suggestions for improving connection list in multiplayer mode:

1. Muted player icon - status of a player who has blocked all messages.
e.g. I saw many times when players ask other players for setups and don't get any response, reiterated question several times...

2. SS button in game menu (grid list)
e.g. When host changes track and someone doesn't have setup for new config, usually asks for it, but we can't sent it before race start.
#2 - Lible
+1

Something that should have been implemented from the beginning.
Who would have thought, 2 good improvement suggestions.

+1 to both.
#4 - amp88
+1

Additionally, if you send a chat message to someone (i.e. you prefix a chat message with their name (by clicking on player name in connection list)) and they have blocked messages you should be told they have blocked messages in chat.
those are quite useful ideas...
When I was racing on Ironhorse I realized that it would be quite useful if there were a possibility of reducing messages like "new player connecting"
"player left pits" "player left server" "player is in pits" and all this (for me) useless messages that lfs generates because when the server is full and a friend of mine writes me some longer message I cant read it whole because it is soon ouf of chat history because 5 racers connected and 10 racers jumped into pits and then left it which I really dont need to know
(if there is something like this...say me because I havent found it anywhere)
"shift" + "-" to hide server info messages.
Quote from JasonJ :"shift" + "-" to hide server info messages.

OMG, who knew? I thought I had RTFMd but never spotted that one. Where did you find it? Nice...
(Unless you're suggesting that as an improvement?)
No its not a suggestion. Shift and - blocks all text messages.
Quote from Neilser :OMG, who knew? I thought I had RTFMd but never spotted that one. Where did you find it? Nice...
(Unless you're suggesting that as an improvement?)

http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Keys
Quote :- - Toggle Block / Unblock All Chat Messages
SHIFT+- - Toggle Block / Unblock All Messages including game messages

Don't know if this appears in the keys pdf file, but it is on the wiki. No excuses for you this time
Pfff, I clearly didn't RTFM hard enough. It is in fact not in the keys.pdf file, but it was added to the wiki the same month I bought my S2 licence

Always good to learn a new hotkey

Edit: Incidentally, the longer explanation for what this key does makes it clear that it isn't what bavorak asked for. LOL
(As I read it, the request was for something that blocked the server info messages but not chat...)

Edit^2: I forgot to say (like anyone gives a toss) that I support both of the improvement suggestions made by adamshl, and also bavorak's in fact.
Quote from bavorak :those are quite useful ideas...
When I was racing on Ironhorse I realized that it would be quite useful if there were a possibility of reducing messages like "new player connecting"
"player left pits" "player left server" "player is in pits" and all this (for me) useless messages that lfs generates because when the server is full and a friend of mine writes me some longer message I cant read it whole because it is soon ouf of chat history because 5 racers connected and 10 racers jumped into pits and then left it which I really dont need to know
(if there is something like this...say me because I havent found it anywhere)

It would be nice if u can scroll in the text history
Quote from adamshl :Hello,

I have two suggestions for improving connection list in multiplayer mode:

1. Muted player icon - status of a player who has blocked all messages.
e.g. I saw many times when players ask other players for setups and don't get any response, reiterated question several times...

2. SS button in game menu (grid list)
e.g. When host changes track and someone doesn't have setup for new config, usually asks for it, but we can't sent it before race start.

still good suggestions, after eh....some years xD!

I would like to add one small: if any user exit the server, we need let's say a 0.5sec delay in connection list responsiveness. Why? Because if I am at the same time voting for a kick (usually a crasher on race track) then at the same time this crasher leaves the server (lets imagine this happens 0.1sec before my voting click), my vote goes to the next guy on the list. In worst case other players follow my vote and the wrong guy gets kicked Petals
forgot to clarify that the responsiveness delay should apply only after somebody exit server

Connection list
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG