The online racing simulator
Woops! Does anyone have a proper TV-director .cam-file for SO1?
deko might, sent him link to this page
"Race report" copied from SR forum. :P

Starting 6th, pitting in lap 1, half the field copying that strategy in lap 2, working way up through the field, safety car phase, profiting from people pitting, losing time because of stupid backmarkers, having a good fight for P3 with LeHenoff in the last 10 laps, finishing 4th in the end.

I'm happy.
Started off in 13th Possition which is already better than i thought after my mediocre qualifying.

Got a relatively good start and managed to hold possition for a few laps, Then some of those closer to the front decided to pit early so i got upto 5th or 6th place where i maintainted possition. Then came the safety car!, i remember swearing at all around me on ventrillo, calling them names and swearing at them as they had already done their pitstop.....

Then the discovery, after following the safety car for 1 lap i realised "hold on... the pit lanes open!" so i took my pitstop and was slightly concerned as nobody else in the grid done this, Done my clean pitstop and came out right infront of zeug which i believe was 8th or 9th place at the time.

Managed to maintain some pace after the restart for a few laps and moved back upto 6th place with others pitting, Ended up fighting with Vince, Zeug and somebody else as they came to overtake me (i was maintaining a rather dodgy mid 58second a lap pace), a couple of sloppy chicanes also sorted them out!.

And after those few short lived (and lost) battles there was one or 2 incidents and people still waiting to do their pitstops towards the end, final finishing possition was 5th, It could have been alot worse so i am happy with that
Quote from z-ro 8 :When yellow is displayed, pits close until queue catches safety car

Someone forgot to close the pits, costing all the early pitters their advantage
Quote from jasonmatthews :Someone forgot to close the pits, costing all the early pitters their advantage

I just read that post after this race and i realise even if that was a mistake. i was still in the right as the queue was with the safety car. (and come on.. its only me they lost that advantage to!).
#82 - Ori
Guys, thanks for beeing in our first event

We appreciate your input and hope you had fun. We already welcome you to the next event which will be 8 weeks from now. All the Admins thank you for the performance and the mostly clean racing.

A very special thanks to those who helped organising it:

[NDR] Deko
RSR.haVoc
Tresch

FEL did a truly great job on the stream always showing the best action.

(IHR) Falango did the magnificent artwork and made sure the event has some lovely trappings.

The OWL Team once again prove what they are made off and provided their server for practising.

cheers

IHR
Sorry to be annoying but is there any estimate on when the broadcast will be up?
Hi, thanks for this event, it was very good , and the organisation was perfect, but i have just one question :
Why i start first for the race? a few driver in Qual 1 , was most fast of me and SR Seb finished in first(race 15 laps)

PS : When we will have a picture and results?

---------------
L.LeHenaff
#86 - Ori
#87 - Ori
Quote from zeugnimod :Sorry to be annoying but is there any estimate on when the broadcast will be up?

We haven't forgotten it

FEL will provide it as soon as possible.

Quote from Crash_burn :When we will have a picture and results?

Unofficial results coming soon.

Official results after the replays are checked and reports are done.
Not being pushy, but will the replay be here or at the IHR Forum when it's released?
Quote from Crash_burn :Why i start first for the race? a few driver in Qual 1 , was most fast of me and SR Seb finished in first(race 15 laps)

You had pole because you had the fastest lap of all qualified drivers during the 15 lap race. That's how the grid was sorted.
Thanks all for the race, that was really nice.
I led during the first half of the race then i pitted after sc. If i knew, i would have pitted before
I made some nice fights with fair drivers. It wasn't easy to overtake some
I'm sorry for my overtake on crash_burn, it wasn't really fair...

Quote from jasonmatthews :Someone forgot to close the pits, costing all the early pitters their advantage

I saw it too. I hesitated to pit during the sc but i think i've done the good choice.

If someone wants the replay, just pm me.
Well, the race was excellent. Best I could have. I am not very happy about my place, it could have been better. But thanks IHR staff.

Also I have one question:
Is this broadcast saved, so I could watch the race again? Even qualification.
#92 - Ori
UPDATE

1st ANNUAL IHR-EVENT

Here the official results:

1: [SR] Seb
2: **Vince
3: E. L.LeHenaff

4: [SR] zeugnimod
5: ATC Franky500
6: sa|pik_d
7: [RTS]Snup
8: Dinodoom
9: Gang
10: mega Luka
11: OWL Hawk
12: GvRc G.Papas
13: [SR] Turkey
14: CRC Ne70
15: EST K.Lepind
16: MDMX
17: SLO_Scatter
18: [ST]Tuning
19: OWL Ralle
20: CRC Tripper
21: RRT|ArSena

Click here for the replay

Here's the stream

Podium Wallpaper will be posted once the results are official.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Guys, thanks for beeing in our first event

We appreciate your input and hope you had fun. We already welcome you to the next event which will be 8 weeks from now. All the Admins thank you for the performance and the mostly clean racing.

A very special thanks to those who helped organising it:

[NDR] Deko
RSR.haVoc
Tresch

FLP FEL did a truly great job on the stream always showing the best action.

(IHR) Falango did the magnificent artwork and made sure the event has some lovely trappings.

The OWL Team once again prove what they are made off and provided their server for practising.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Here some links:

Post Race Discussion:

http://ironhorseracing.forumot ... -discussion-t226.htm#1011

Reports:

http://ironhorseracing.forumot ... vents-f5/reports-t225.htm

Protests:

http://ironhorseracing.forumot ... ents-f5/protests-t224.htm
I was one of the lucky ones, I pitted on lap 2 after the guys in the SR vent chat saw Zeugnimod pit on lap 1 and liked the idea. I think I was involved in the incident that caused the SC. I was trying to pass someone who was out of sync with pitstops. I had just seen him put up a hard fight against Zeugnimod who passed me because of an error when I left the pits on lap 2, so I tried to give him a lot of room because I didnt want to have an accident with him. I had someone on the left of me who was respecting blue flag, so I knew I didnt have all the room in the world but I was already alongside with momentum. I had enough room, and gave the other racer who I cant remember a lot of room. He still managed to find a way to run wide and hit into me, I got out of it not too badly, hardly any actual damage and only 2-3 seconds lost, despite bouncing off the wall. Then later on the lap, a safety car! I didnt know if it was to do with my accident or just a coincidence, but it allowed me to close back onto Zeug and mean I had the advantage on all the people who hadnt stopped yet. At this stage I was a theoretical 3rd on the track, behind Zeug. During the caution period my pc started lagging a bit, juddering etc...then on the green lap it died completely for a few seconds, I full turned and braked to try and get out of the way/not have a massive accident by myself, but when I rejoined I had timed out...game over.

With hindsight if I could have passed Zeug I could have possibly got a 2nd or 3rd which would have been awsome, but luck wasnt on my side for that bit :P

Thanks for the event anyway, although perhaps more clear schedule etc would be better, i.e admin said race was always scheduled to start at 19:45 GMT, but we were told it was to be 19:00 GMT, etc.
Quote from IsaacPrice :I was one of the lucky ones, I pitted on lap 2 after the guys in the SR vent chat saw Zeugnimod pit on lap 1 and liked the idea.

Haha, good to know.

Too bad about your bad luck with your PC, could have been very close between us. But this:

Quote from IsaacPrice :With hindsight if I could have passed Zeug I could have possibly got a 2nd or 3rd which would have been awsome

would have never happened anyway.
Quote from zeugnimod :Haha, good to know.

Too bad about your bad luck with your PC, could have been very close between us. But this:

would have never happened anyway.

He was only a little slower than me ... Did you see the gap i pulled on you?
Quote from Seb66 :He was only a little slower than me ... Did you see the gap i pulled on you?

I could keep him at a "comfortable" 1-2.5 seconds behind me all the time after his pitstop. We were almost exactly the same pace. I wasn't THAT slow on this combo, either, in case you forgot.

And yeah, I saw the gap. It always went to 3 or 4 seconds, then you lost 1 or 2 when you had to pass the next guy and it increased again.
Thanks for the racem admins and drivers.
The Race was very clean, i dont have problems with anything but in lap 48 in my pitstop i make mistake i Had enabled the option changed tyres. Then i lost all possibility. Good race see you at the next
How come i had such a big lead over you at the end? Did you have an accident?
Quote from Seb66 :How come i had such a big lead over you at the end? Did you have an accident?

If you talk to me, After my pit stop (awesome:P) my pit-stop 17 seconds, I was behind you, in the 10 place.
I didn't had lucky with other drivers and that was the final.

Haha, that was not going to my, sorry.
Well, I got the chicane wrong a few times which was expected. There was a crash right in front of me 2 or 3 laps after the SC period which cost me 6 or 7 seconds. One backmarker decided that it was a good idea to change his line and drive right into me under braking for the last corner. And I had some good fights for position which obviously make you a bit slower as well.

All of this added to the around 0.4 seconds per lap that you were faster than me anyway resulted in the big gap.

EDIT: I just realized that Seb didn't mean me. :/

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG