The online racing simulator
Buy a New Steering Wheel
(13 posts, started )
Buy a New Steering Wheel
Hi all ! I am now using a Saitek Impact steering wheel like this one ( it's borrowed )

CLICK Me TO See Pic

I can buy it from a friend with about 10 - 15 Euros .. But i want to buy a brand new one .

Here's a LOCAL SHOP Site: ALTEX > CLICK ME It's in Romanian language but you can read the models of the wheels ! I can afford to buy any steering wheel from that page . Please tell me what would be the best choice ?

Waiting for quick responses . RESPECT from Romania .

P.S. I am also planning to buy LFS S2 .
#2 - G!NhO
Looks very similar to the Logitech Driving Force Pro - which is a very nice wheel , i'd suggest that if you want something cheaper than a G25/G27 but still has nice FFB and 900* steering, go for the Driving Force Pro - if you can afford it.
Get the wheel G!Nho linked b/c it looks close to the DFP
i have FFEX. It's 200 degrees. I have it for 3 or 4 years, and only yesterday i broke accelerator pedal. Howewer pedal pots are bad quality. I'd reccomend DFP or G25
you wont get any answers on this site it really sucks
How do you like the one you borrowed?

I can only comment on the speedlink. You can connect it to xbox, ps2 and pc and has some gimmicks, but it really fails as a wheel for sim racing. There is no Force Feedback only Rumble Effects + its 200(or 240) degree rotation. Its wasted money compared to DFP/DFGT/G25/G27/fanatec porsche wheels. These are a bit more expensive (cheapest might be DFP with 300-350 lei , around 100€ i guess) but its worth it!

And i guess its rather hard to find info on the other wheels, because like 90% of all racers use DFP/DFGT/G25/G27/fanatec porsche wheels. A few use better wheels like FREX or others. Only maybe 3% the "cheaper" wheels.

PS: yes, Logitech pretty much Rules, but fanatec is close. An Trustmaster salesman (i guess) actually was so desperate to act like a user and made some "reviews" to sell his stuff... that was till he realized no-one believes him (go figure, madfinn... but FTR: there are hundreds of reviews -even on this board- about wheels, if you want to read a lot. Your original question was answered! there really is no need to whine. you can go now and leave )
If you are going to buy a DFGT/DFP priced wheel, you might as well go with the Fanatec wheel in the respective market segment. I do not exactly remember the name of that wheel, but it costs the same, and comes with 5 shifter, and clutch, if I'm not mistaken. I believe it is a gear driven, rather than the belt or whatever in the higher end ones...

EDIT: Disregard this if people say this is wrong. This is from the top of my head!
I have dfgt = Logitech Driving Force GT and i suggest to you buy DFGT.
Its a very good wheel and ill like it, but the pedals suck.

never heard fanatec for 80 €?
wheels
all reports on wheel come from overseas, I guess americans dont response to this site,it must really suck
Quote from madfinn :all reports on wheel come from overseas, I guess americans dont response to this site,it must really suck

nah americans suck no offence americans this guy is just so annoying.
The FFEX is 180° but it has stronger force feedback than other cheap wheels (still crap pedals tho). Dunno, you should consider getting MOMO instead I think.
Quote from juhanius :i have dfgt = logitech driving force gt and i suggest to you buy dfgt.
Its a very good wheel and ill like it, but the pedals suck.

1+

Buy a New Steering Wheel
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG