The online racing simulator
#1 - senn
Jet Powered Porsche 928 (boeing T50) - Test Drive
#2 - amp88
Not worth the time spent watching. Guy seems really anti-social. 126dB jet car in his street and in another video on his channel he tries to outdo some ship with a 150dB horn.
What a stupid and boring video....
This guy must be a total arse despite being technically versatile...
And how stupid do you have to be to cannibalise a 928 for this kind of project???

greetz

der butz
...loved the dark text on that dark background!
Stupid noisy car, and he didnt even drive it lol.

I did love the music on that video, i cant remember what it is from tho,
The neighbours in the house behind him didn't seem impressed, you could see them at the windows.
You kidding me? You are slating this guy? He took a turbine and stuck it in a car! I don't care how odd he may seem, that's plain cool in my book... Just as cool as this...

Jet engined race car
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czS2xqD10OU

Or this amazing car...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KafnRQVgeg

Sure this Porka owner didn't build a race car, but he did this all himself with some friends making up bespoke parts. A bit like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxMxFE37Sxw

After watching that I was amazed at what a total fool the presenter was, wow how Top Gear has changed!

Even Toyota have created a concept turbine car...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRfFg5UdBp8

A little more searching on YouTube... way off topic but... this sounds amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdfO657zHNY
Quote from der butz :
And how stupid do you have to be to cannibalise a 928 for this kind of project???

Yea, because the 928 was a good car to begin with..... lol
Quote from danthebangerboy :

I did love the music on that video, i cant remember what it is from tho,

Top Gun Theme, I did a remix of it actually :}
#9 - senn
lol @ flaming the guy for being antisocial. Far out at least he's doing something constructive, instead of boozing/drugging it up like so many people. As for the noise, well it looks like early evening/afternoon, and he ran it for all of a minute? Big whoop. Lawnmowers etc are just as loud with an old muffler. He's not running it at 2am. Same with the horns, he either has them up in the hills, or next to a huge big loud ship anyway.
Constructive, right, ok then, he made a shite car make loads and loads of noise while it sat still ion his driveway and didnt even go anywhere in it, fair enough, getting it all working must have been very difficult, but a running engine means, well, not much, if he had driven it then yeah, but as he didn't all that is is a jet on tickover, not really that exciting IMO.
#11 - senn
he is planning to drive it shortly, this video is just for those of us who have been waiting for him to finish the project. I thought some people here might be interested, and want to see it when it eventually does get driven, but apparently this forum has degenerated into a bunch of school kids bitching about everything, and starting new threads on the same topics every 15 minutes.

enjoy your aids.
Quote from danthebangerboy :Constructive, right, ok then, he made a shite car make loads and loads of noise while it sat still ion his driveway and didnt even go anywhere in it, fair enough, getting it all working must have been very difficult, but a running engine means, well, not much, if he had driven it then yeah, but as he didn't all that is is a jet on tickover, not really that exciting IMO.

Wow, what an immature child you seem to be proving to be. What on earth is the point of being so critical? If the video didn't interest you, move along, grow up or get more addicted to the pointless world of gambling.
Okay okay, if you get flamed for not agreeing with everything I'll start from scratch.

Wow, this guy must be a genius! Putting a turbine into a car! What an achievement!

and now what?
I think you have to admire the work, even if it is utterly pointless. After all, the entire throttle system would have to be designed from scratch, god knows what kind of brakes it'll need since there shouldn't be much mechanical braking.

My biggest worries are for people around him. If that bonnet is 270 degrees C, what happens if you need to open it? Or, worst case, if you run into someone or something. The heat of the metal plus the jet firing out the top would melt everything around it and potentially ignite the already-highly-dangerous jet fuel.
Quote from Dajmin :My biggest worries are for people around him. If that bonnet is 270 degrees C, what happens if you need to open it? Or, worst case, if you run into someone or something. The heat of the metal plus the jet firing out the top would melt everything around it and potentially ignite the already-highly-dangerous jet fuel.

That's the genious system of avoiding pedestrian collision law suits... you run over a guy, he falls on your bonnet, turbine burns him into ashes... "there never was a pedestrian on my bonnet, officer"
Quote from yeager :Wow, what an immature child you seem to be proving to be. What on earth is the point of being so critical? If the video didn't interest you, move along, grow up or get more addicted to the pointless world of gambling.

Thats what i was meaning to say, which i did in fact write in my OP, yes, it is an achievment and it couldn't have been easy to do and must have taken some large degree of knowledge to even get the thing running at all, but at the moment all he has is a noisy car lol.

Now seeing him driving it, that would be very very VERY cool!

And as for the pointless world of gambling, maybe not so pointless, as i have made about £100 this week, plus it stops me being bored
Quote from Dajmin :My biggest worries are for people around him. If that bonnet is 270 degrees C, what happens if you need to open it? Or, worst case, if you run into someone or something. The heat of the metal plus the jet firing out the top would melt everything around it and potentially ignite the already-highly-dangerous jet fuel.

There's no need to worry since car is not capable of moving unless pushed around.
Because jet engines, particularly in/on things which shouldn't have them, are awesome. That's pretty much all there is to it.
Quote from Crashgate3 :Because jet engines, particularly in/on things which shouldn't have them, are awesome. That's pretty much all there is to it.

Just because someone CAN do something doesn't mean he has to. I'd honestly feel better if the same guy ate something poisonous on youtube instead of pulling a totally pointless, dangerous and loud shedjob

greetz

der butz
#21 - senn
i've seen more dangerous things, 20 inch rims on a standard road car with stock brakes, cut springs (angle grinder) bald tyres, Clutch centre welded to the outer of another clutch.

As for pedestrian safety, if you don't hear that loud bastard coming (yes you, the retard who walks across roads with his MP3 player turned up flat out) then you deserve to get taken out. The pop up lights won't do you any favours either

However i was wondering the same thing about the exhaust gases melting the windscreen/trim. The bonnet has apparently been painted in some sort of heat resistant paint (good for 1200F i think he said) but again, time will tell i spose. Either way it should be amusing. I wonder if it gets hot inside the cab too..
Thats a good point actually senn, as he will only be able to drive at a snails pace, unless he wants all the stupidly hot exhaust fumes blasted all over the windscreen as the wind increases.
#23 - senn
#24 - Jakg
Quote from senn :However i was wondering the same thing about the exhaust gases melting the windscreen/trim. The bonnet has apparently been painted in some sort of heat resistant paint (good for 1200F i think he said) but again, time will tell i spose. Either way it should be amusing. I wonder if it gets hot inside the cab too..

The Y2K turbine bike has been known to melt the bumper of the car behind in traffic...
Now he is driving it around, i have to say that is well cool, much better than just sitting making noise in his driveway lol, a driveable jet car, epic!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG