The online racing simulator
G25 pedals not detected in Options
I'm trying to change the G25 buttons in options but it's not detecting the pedals. The indicators in the bottom right corner are regestering all 3 pedals but when i highlight the pedal input nothing registers
It should be a case of going to options > controls, then click on the axes / FF tab, then click on which pedal you want to set, throttle brake or clutch, you should then see a message at the bottom saying

'select axis for: [whichever pedal] (ESC - cancel / del - none)'

Then click on the axis you want to set in the 'available axis' section on the right side, (push the pedal and the yellow/blue bar will move incase you dont know which axis is which) and that should be all you need to do.

Note that i havent got a g25 tho, just a shitty generic wheel with no ffb, but im presuming that the process for setting stuff is gonna be pretty much the same regardless of what wheel/pedals it is.
Attached images
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
#3 - senn
Might also pay to check that the pedal plug under the wheel hasn't worked it's way loose.
Thanks for the helpful reply, however everything seems fine on that front. All axis' respond correctly. It's just when I try to input them into button settings they don't register. The frustrating thing is it worked fine before I had to do a re-install (a clean up program deleted some files). I don't remember having any trouble setting it up the first time.

Think I'll try a re-install of the G25 program, can't see how it'll make any difference though.
Quote from senn :Might also pay to check that the pedal plug under the wheel hasn't worked it's way loose.

possible, but the OP did say that the pedals are registering, so im guessing that he can't select them as opposed to them not actually working.
Quote from GT_Nige :Thanks for the helpful reply, however everything seems fine on that front. All axis' respond correctly. It's just when I try to input them into button settings they don't register. The frustrating thing is it worked fine before I had to do a re-install (a clean up program deleted some files). I don't remember having any trouble setting it up the first time

Buttons settings, hmm, i dont think that you can set a pedal(axis) as a button setting, well not as far as i know anyway, Unless of course it can be set that way in the logitech profiler options somewhere.

Maybe someone with a G25 might pop in soon, as i am running out of knowledge!
#7 - senn
So you're clicking (for example) Throttle in LFS, then clicking (going off mine) Slider 0 (with the axis movement bar next to it) and it isn't assigning it? Make sure your pedals are not set to "Report combined" in Logitech profiler. other than that, you need to be a bit more clear as to the exact steps you're using, so i can try nut it out for you.
OK thought maybe some pics may help

This is the control settings I'm trying to adjust:

If I click either the throttle brake or clutch setting it waits for me to input the button (or axis) I want. However when id depress the pedal nothing happens, it remains in that state until I press some other button or esc. the buttons on the wheel register just not the pedals. I would agree that maybe the pedals aren't connected properly, however the indicators in the bottom right of the screen display that they are working. Also it works fine on my PS3

This is the axis settings

And the program settings

OK, this is strange. When I first re-installed the game I went straight into the game and it didn't respond to pedals. Just tried again and it's now working, despite not having the pedals assigned . Anyway all seems well now, thanks all for your help .

Is still a bit puzzling though
#10 - senn
yeah you don't physically press the pedal itself to assign it. You got the first bit right, hitting the Throttle button etc, but u need to click the actual slider/axis button on the right hand side, with the axis bar display next to it.
Quote from GT_Nige :OK thought maybe some pics may help

I know you've already got your problem fixed, but I couldn't help noticing your images here. There's functionality built into Windows that allows you to take a screenshot of what's currently on your monitor so you don't have to take a picture of it with a camera. All you have to do is to press the "Print Screen" (it's sometimes abbreviated to "Prt Scr" or similar) key on your keyboard (should be up near the numpad on the right side) and the contents of your screen will be copied to your clipboard. Then open MS Paint (or other graphics app) and go to Edit -> Paste (or press Ctrl+V). You can then save the image as a JPG/PNG and upload it (or just attach it to a post here).
i am using a g25 but cannot use the clutch, it will not show it on the avaliable axes, and i cannot use the shifter as it will only pick up first and second gear.
it there something wrong with my g25 or is it my setup that is the problem?
Attached images
Untitled.jpg
Hi billium-sherlock, if you click "shifter" in your ss that should allow you to use hte shifter properly, I also noticed it shows "2 controllers connected" this may or may not cause you probs

Does the slider (RZ Axis) move when you press the clutch and release?

EDIT: Looked at the pic again I think your clutch should be set to axis 3 not 4 (only when you have both controllers plugged in mind)

SD.
#14 - senn
Also make sure you don't have COMBINED PEDALS selected in logitech profiler (and in LFS....which u have activated, turn this to seperate)...this could possibly be causing issues.

In LFS make sure u have CLUTCH set to AXIS, and not BUTTON.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG