The online racing simulator
Hire more developers?
(28 posts, closed, started )
Hire more developers?
Why not?
Suck my c*ck, why not?
Because.
#4 - Dmt
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Suck my c*ck, why not?

I have answer for that, because its too small and nobody wants it.
Quote from Dmt :I have answer for that, because its too small and nobody wants it.

lies and you know it
Stay on topic?
#10 - 5haz
Because then you'd have to pay them.

Actually, saying that if I had the skills I'd gladly help them for nothing.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Wow Vinnie you found that quick, in your favourites? Everyone needs people to look up to, even you.

Yes it was actually. Thanks for the reminder.
#12 - wild
Quote from Mango Juice :Why not?

Why should they? It's their game after all they don't need to update it at all..
Quote from 5haz :Because then you'd have to pay them.

Actually, saying that if I had the skills I'd gladly help them for nothing.

But surely faster development would most likely be more profit. Especially since LFS isn't incredibly popular, quicker development would guarantee more profit.
#14 - 5haz
Quote from Mango Juice :But surely faster development would most likely be more profit. Especially since LFS isn't incredibly popular, quicker development would guarantee more profit.

Yeah it makes perfect sense, but it isn't going to happen, which is a shame but thats the way it goes in life. Something always gets in the way of a project or idea or dream acheiving its full potential, there always some stubbornness or red tape in there somewhere that restricts things.

Might as well get used to it.
The developers don't care about more money, nor do they care about their development speed. They are doing their own thing at their own speed. I've offered my skills and help, and I am sure other people have as well, but the devs set out to do their thing and they get billions of props from me and some around the community here, however there are always people who want more, and want more faster.

More and faster only lead to half done content / patches; and that is one thing the LFS developers have been great to defend against.
Fail thread is fail.

Oh yeah, IBTL by the way.
Quote from Mango Juice :But surely faster development would most likely be more profit. Especially since LFS isn't incredibly popular, quicker development would guarantee more profit.

Not really, iRacing has had huge dollars and big teams thrown at it, yet at the times I'm on it isn't substantially busier than LFS was up until recently.
The primary difference is that iRacing does not give you the freedom of choice that LFS does and therefore more effectively concentrates racers.

The paradox is that it is the freedom of choice that has always attracted me to LFS which may be a part of it's undoing.

LFS in many ways is a much more finished and polished product than iRacing. Neither sim is perfect and both could be much better than the other with what I see as finishing touches. I don't think the race is over between sims just yet, but the next year will be decisive I think.
Old suggestion is old.
Quote from Mango Juice :Why not?

Why don't you start your own business, and hire developers to create a sim then?

/thread ownage
Sorry, but this question has been asked before and was discussed for several times over the past years, yet it still keeps poping back up again together with the "lfs is dead" or "where is the patch" threads.

They do not because they don't want to and it's not our business to say what is good or bad and what the devs should do. If they wanted to have someone telling them what to do Scawen and Eric could have stayed at Lionhead.

/end
I think I am right in saying that the community has NEVER been disappointed in the work that Scawen and Victor do, or the pace they work. The issue I have, as I am sure many others have, is in the incredibly long delays in simple things like interiors and tracks. If I am not mistaken, these are the sole premise of Eric, but also these are things which the community can, and would be willing to help with. I cannot find any justifiable reason why the community couldn't have provided interiors for the GTR class in the last couple of years, without affecting Scawen and the way he wants to code LFS, at all...
#24 - 5haz
Quote from blackbird04217 :The developers don't care about more money

You'd be naiive to think any human dosen't care about more money.

Although it hasn't been ruled out that the devs aren't actually human.
When it's been this long between patches, the next one will have a bunch of great stuff. A new track is coming later, along with the Scirocco. Just wait it out patiently and you'll all be rewarded.
This thread is closed

Hire more developers?
(28 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG