The online racing simulator
#26 - Woz
Forget just mailing back the letters to them if you are lucky enough to get an addressed envelope. Cut out the address from the envelope, fill a box with cut up tyres, engine parts, bricks etc and send it to them, will cost you nothing as it's 'postage paid' but they still have to pay, and then dispose of it.
#28 - Woz
Quote from mookie427 :Forget just mailing back the letters to them if you are lucky enough to get an addressed envelope. Cut out the address from the envelope, fill a box with cut up tyres, engine parts, bricks etc and send it to them, will cost you nothing as it's 'postage paid' but they still have to pay, and then dispose of it.

ROTF. Would be nice to send house bricks and the like but I think there is limits to what postage paid allows you to send.

In the end though numbers matter. 100000 people sending postage paid envelopes or calling 0800 numbers costs them serious cash. It needs to be things that takes little effort for people.

Its like a people powered ddos attack. Join the group and spread the word
  1. How many trees are on the earth?
  2. Where are you getting these numbers from?
Or to put it another way:
Quote from Woz :ROTF. Would be nice to send house bricks and the like but I think there is limits to what postage paid allows you to send.

as long as something has enough postage on it there is no limit as far as I know. You can even just superglue the postage paid label and address onto a brick and send it in the post
i joined, now send me audiosurf on steam please :P
#33 - Woz
Quote from Dygear :
  1. How many trees are on the earth?
  2. Where are you getting these numbers from?
Or to put it another way:

lol if you think there are less than 100 million trees on the planet you have a strange view on the actual size of the planet? 100 million trees is about 750000 acres, which is a tiny fraction of the forests on earth but still a sizable amount to cut and process just to send to the rubbish dump.

I have read many pieces of information around zunk mail and know people that used to work in the industry. Here is some good reading http://www.donotmail.org/article.php?id=119 but just use google, it is your friend

The number of trees required to produce X amount of paper is WELL KNOW. Humans have been making paper for a couple of years now you know, well since the printing press was made

In the end if YOU are happy about all the waste generated by junk mail DO NOTHING. If you think it is a pointless waste DO SOMETHING. The great thing about junk mail, as stated, is they send out the tools for you to protest at NO cost to yourself.

So think of me as a crack pot or go educate yourself, your call

In the end YOUR children will inherit the planet from YOU!!!!

All that needs to be said.
#34 - CSU1
..bunch of raving crackheads the lot of you.

Any paper used is replaced by plantations.

If industries fail to plant what they've taken the Gov. comes down on them with fines for loss in ability to sell their carbon credits back into the market.

Trees are as good as money today more than ever, so if anything junk mail could actually help stop global warming through demand for new trees.

e;

Maybe if the South Americans stopped trying to blackmail Europe with the proposed "We won't chop the trees down if you pay us" adiition to the Kyoto treaty(carbon credits for standing forest)we would'nt have to worry about the small things such as mail!

Anywho, wtf are junk-mail producers doing using expensive wood derived paper for?...I thought all their materials were bought from recycled crap on the cheap....guess it depends on who you ask(paper producers?)
#35 - Woz
Quote from CSU1 :..bunch of raving crackheads the lot of you.

Any paper used is replaced by plantations.

If industries fail to plant what they've taken the Gov. comes down on them with fines for loss in ability to sell their carbon credits back into the market.

Trees are as good as money today more than ever, so if anything junk mail could actually help stop global warming through demand for new trees.

lol. Another person that didn't read my orignal post

I KNOW there are managed forests. You are correct. Well done. You are so smart yet SO DUMB!

What about the RESOURCES required to get from tree to landfill site.

I guess the managed oil fields replace all the oil burnt transporting all that crap around. And the managed coal mines replace the coal burnt to generate the power. You have so many things that have to happen between tree and landfill it is not funny.

How do we replace all that then?

Again <1% response rate is expected on junk mail!

Quote from CSU1 :Maybe if the South Americans stopped trying to blackmail Europe with the proposed "We won't chop the trees down if you pay us" adiition to the Kyoto treaty(carbon credits for standing forest)we would'nt have to worry about the small things such as mail!

Anywho, wtf are junk-mail producers doing using expensive wood derived paper for?...I thought all their materials were bought from recycled crap on the cheap....guess it depends on who you ask(paper producers?)

You should read about what it takes to recycle paper!
#36 - CSU1
WTF are you talking about?

Trees are renewable and have a turn around of months?

Who in their right mind throws paper in the landfill?

Paper get's RECYCLED

recycling does consume some resources but it creates JOBS

YOU FAIL
#37 - Dmt
This number might sound too big, but okay. For example in my country we got rid of paper bills and such things, it all comes stright to your mail and we save lots of trees!
#38 - Woz
Quote from CSU1 :WTF are you talking about?

Trees are renewable and have a turn around of months?

Who in their right mind throws paper in the landfill?

Paper get's RECYCLED

recycling does consume some resources but it creates JOBS

YOU FAIL

Rotf again you just failed to read didn't you.

Where have I said that trees are no renuable. I have not once and I have already stated there are managed forests. What is you point.

Read the following again slowly.

Fuel is required to.

- Cut the trees.
- Transport the logs to paper mills.
- Transport paper to printing.
- Transport printed products to assembly areas.
- Transport mailing packs to post office.
- Transport post through the postal system.
- Finally transport to the dump.

Estimates put that as the same as an extra 9 million cars on the road burning fuel!

Also electricity is required in almost EVERY stage of the process which is coal and gas powered mostly. And still that does not include all the power and resources required to create all the inks, track all the post etc etc. The NON RENEWABLE resources are bit.

So how does a managed forest help with the oil, coal and gas used then?

Again all for less than 1% response rate. Can you not see what a waste that is or are you just that small minded?

Cant wait as this will be so funny
#39 - CSU1
Quote from Woz :Rotf again you just failed to read didn't you.

Where have I said that trees are no renuable. I have not once and I have already stated there are managed forests. What is you point.

Read the following again slowly.

Fuel is required to.

- Cut the trees.
- Transport the logs to paper mills.
- Transport paper to printing.
- Transport printed products to assembly areas.
- Transport mailing packs to post office.
- Transport post through the postal system.
- Finally transport to the dump.

Estimates put that as the same as an extra 9 million cars on the road burning fuel!

Also electricity is required in almost EVERY stage of the process which is coal and gas powered mostly. And still that does not include all the power and resources required to create all the inks, track all the post etc etc. The NON RENEWABLE resources are bit.

So how does a managed forest help with the oil, coal and gas used then?

Again all for less than 1% response rate. Can you not see what a waste that is or are you just that small minded?

Cant wait as this will be so funny

C'mere , it's too ****ing late on Christmas eve to be drawing pictures, but in your case I will try to make an exception/

screw it>

*takes off santa costume*

I am NOT AGAINST the idea of stopping mail

I just think it's ridiculously daft!

Sorry if I offended you

BTW, you know this fuel thing you keep banging on about WoZ?...The renewable job creating carbon storing trees absorb it going aaaaaaaaall the way down to mix in millions of years to gasses and oil for our future.

Anyways at the end of the day the effect such things have on our faith are ridiculously minimal, try to grasp another problem Woz?
Seriously, where do I begin? You can't support an argument like this because environmentalists are as stupid and blind by passion as a left winger or racist. I once got handed a piece of paper in Leeds from people protesting outside RBS. What were they protesting about? The financial crisis you would think?

No. They are whining that RBS aren't doing what they can to reduce paper usage.... THE GUY HANDED ME A PEICE OF ****ING PAPER!? He should of written it on papyrus or something..... It's mindless.... "RBS WASTE TREES WITH THEIR BANKSTATEMENTS BUT IM GONNA HAND OUT PAPER WITH WORDS THAT AREN'T GOING TO CHANGE A DAMN THING, BUT ONLY ADD TO THE PROBLEM."

I honestly think it's stupid, 100million trees are NOT cut down specifically for junk mail. How many of us throw paper away nanchilantly? How many of us make paper aeroplanes and then watch them fall somewhere where we can't reach without hassle, and don't bother putting it in a bin? How many of us make crafts stuff like own christmas cards etc and have all these paper snippets that ammount to about 10million juniper bushes.

Now we do it mathmatically.
How many people are there that recieve junkmail?
Pretty much every home owner, or every joint home owner you say? You are correct.
How many people in the world is that? Well, one would assume a safe guess would be to divide the worlds population by half at least, because there are always generally more than 1 person in 1 house and half because children can't own a house, thus can't recieve junk mail.

Has anyone here recieved enough junk mail that would account for an entire tree that is harvested for paper uses? There are roughly 2billion houses in the world and probably not 3/4 of these houses are in a place that receive junk mail, so.... 1.75 billion houses that all recieve a trees worth of paper in junk mail. 1.75 billion is the total that arrives, so that means the stats of the junk mail trees, is actually lower than it should be and I doubt anyone has had junk mail that amounted to a whole trees worth of paper. So half 1.75bil and you have 0.875 so 875million trees are aparently cut for junk mail. So somebody screwed up.

It wasn't that hard to do the math, tho it comes up in favour of saving the rainforest it just shows that environmentalists can't even perform simple tasks that even ultimately support their arguement. I also even heard that the number of houses in the world was 1.5billion so the math could ultimately wrong and be higher by 1thousand million. It's probably all wrong anyway if anybody can even decipher this but I hope it proves my point about retarded evironmentalists, especially one that are fuelled by, or fuel the media with their nonsense.
Large text gets my point across better
getting rid of junkmail would be nice. Facebook dreamland won't do it tho. Facebook has created large groups of environmentalists erm, people who think problems can be solved by clicking a button on their computer screens. It is the same reason our governments are taking control away from the people because most are too lazy to actually do anything about...anything!
#43 - Woz
Quote from CSU1 :...

Sigh.

You should ask you council how much junk mail ends up in the landfill. Might change your mind. If not there is nothing else for you to see here.

Nothing that will be said will mean anything to you and I know you will not look up any of this online so move on. Leave people who care about pointless waste to care.

I assume you also think the climate talks went well?

Can't be arsed to argue with you tbh. Your mind is set and you do not care so go back to your own little world

Quote from BlueFlame :..

Out of interest... Do you agree that junk mail is a pointless waste of resources?
Quote from Woz :

As you claim to have done the math go and read before putting in figures you pull out of thin air! Garbage figures in = garbage figures out!

I searched high and low for stats of house figures. They say on average 4 people share a house together. Population divided by 4 is 1.5-2billion
#45 - Woz
Quote from BlueFlame :I searched high and low for stats of house figures. They say on average 4 people share a house together. Population divided by 4 is 1.5-2billion

You have under estimated how much paper 1 tree makes and it is a hard figure to quantify as it depends on paper quantity and quality. You figure over estimate the trees cut by a huge amount.

But as you say we waste paper in many other ways. I know I do what I can to minimise my waste in life in general so I am happy with how I live and the resources I take.

A no junk mail sticker is normally free from you local council and will save you getting all the advert flyers. Direct mail is my key beef as I know how the industry works internally and what they think of as acceptable practice.

If you believe its a pointless waste of resources then posting back pre-paid envelopes does your bit and costs them cash and lowers profit. Profit is what drives junk mail pure and simple.

Doing something about it when it comes to junk mail costs you nothing and takes little of your time. So do as you see fit

Quote from flymike91 :getting rid of junkmail would be nice. Facebook dreamland won't do it tho. Facebook has created large groups of environmentalists erm, people who think problems can be solved by clicking a button on their computer screens. It is the same reason our governments are taking control away from the people because most are too lazy to actually do anything about...anything!

As said above it costs you nothing to hurt them so do as you see fit. Don't care what others do, it is what you do
:munching_
Quote from Woz :You have under estimated how much paper 1 tree makes and it is a hard figure to quantify as it depends on paper quantity and quality. You figure over estimate the trees cut by a huge amount.

But as you say we waste paper in many other ways. I know I do what I can to minimise my waste in life in general so I am happy with how I live and the resources I take.

The point was that the people behind this article/subject don't even know the correct numbers. I guess the average human only sees a fraction of junk mail but it annoys me, 100million trees are not cut for junk mail, they are cut for paper. Putting junk mail businesses out of business isn't going to stop the same trees in the same quantity getting cut.
#48 - Woz
Quote from BlueFlame :The point was that the people behind this article/subject don't even know the correct numbers. I guess the average human only sees a fraction of junk mail but it annoys me, 100million trees are not cut for junk mail, they are cut for paper. Putting junk mail businesses out of business isn't going to stop the same trees in the same quantity getting cut.

Guess we agree to disagree on the impact as I believe it would reduce the paper created. Supply and demand at work

As for junk mail. If you don't like it you know how to cost them money so use the knowledge if you want, if not don't.

Thats me done for this year. happy new year
Quote from Woz :Guess we agree to disagree on the impact as I believe it would reduce the paper created. Supply and demand at work

As for junk mail. If you don't like it you know how to cost them money so use the knowledge if you want, if not don't.

Thats me done for this year. happy new year

A more hard hitting title would be x amount of paper used for junk mail every year. You can use less paper but it will just mean there is more paper left on the shelf, it doesn't mean people will stop cutting down trees. A low demand won't stop them from cutting down trees.
#50 - CSU1
/stupid rant over

Merry christmas & a very happy new you to you and yours

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG