The online racing simulator
The best driving road in the world - Transfagarasan! (Romania)
I think LFS really needs this road, at least a part of it. Why? Simple. From above it looks like every great corners, from every great race track in the world was neatted (i hope this is the correct spelling) to create this perfect road. (Quoted : Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear, Seaon 14, Episode 1).

Pictures and info:
http://image44.webshots.com/45 ... 320057502852xMKLkz_fs.jpg
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_ewwewWdH ... ansfagarasean-2007-27.JPG
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_LMkU1aKX ... /TSsdRAvn9t0/P7060193.JPG

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T ... %83g%C4%83r%C4%83%C5%9Fan

More can be seen in Google Earth and on youtube.

P.S. i`m not saying it should be implemented in the game, but as a future race envoiroment, i sure hope it makes it into the game. The road is faboulous. It totals about 84 km of tarmac from the start of the mountain climb to the descent on the other side. I recomended for your next summer holiday. Just so you know what i`m talking about.
#2 - apo3d
it's "transfagarasan" , not "transgarasEan", please correct the title.

and yes, driving it is fabulous

the problem is that during the week-end you might get "some" traffic.

having such tracks would be a welcome addition to lfs.

besides that, it is a road that is indeed worth seeing and driving on. it is only open during the summer.

i have added some personal photos, just in case the links provided aren't convincing enough
Attached images
DSC03519.jpg
DSC03530.jpg
DSC03441.jpg
DSC03523.jpg
DSC03521.jpg
DSC03234.jpg
DSC03243.jpg
DSC03274.jpg
DSC03443.jpg
IMG_0521.jpg
Yeah, looks like great fun in that traffic

The road itself looks cool, but 84km? In an actual race, once the leader is in place long tracks become hotlapping because there's no need to alter their line. Shorter laps mean more passing which means more thinking and more drama.
#4 - ZORER
Perfect for hill-climbing.
Quote from apo3d :it's "transfagarasan" , not "transgarasEan", please correct the title.

and yes, driving it is fabulous

the problem is that during the week-end you might get "some" traffic.

having such tracks would be a welcome addition to lfs.

besides that, it is a road that is indeed worth seeing and driving on. it is only open during the summer.

i have added some personal photos, just in case the links provided aren't convincing enough

OOPS! It sliped :P tnx!
Quote from ZORER :Perfect for hill-climbing.

And drifting, and some close touge racing

Don't turn this into a drifters/racers flamewar..
Quote from brandons48 :And drifting, and some close touge racing

Don't turn this into a drifters/racers flamewar..

It really is!
Racers suck!! :hide:

Only kidding... I am more of a drifter, but not one of the immature "I am better than everyone else!!!11!!" kind.
#9 - BMB
I think it would be great change... Running round and round and round is makeing me little sick sometimes, and i am not alone (multiple threads full of whining about rally track, or hillclimb... In the end this one will be same like the others... maybe i am starting it, but it is better if it starts now, because faster it starts, faster it ends)... Maybe we will see this wonderfull 84 km long asphalt road in LFS once, but for now it is absolute rubbish, 3 people cant do it alone in two or three years... Finally other sim will grow up (probably made by some big company with thousands of employes and unlimited cash) with better graphics and physics and tracks, lot more cars... whatever... I hope that somethink will change in LFS leadership, because if not, it will be just matter of time and ppl start leaving LFS... By my opinion Big companies are creating games mainly for money, and with growing comunity of sim drivers,racers, ( LFS by it existence helped a lot to create this big ammount of ppl ) they will start to think about it more and more, and one day they will do their own sim... And only (again by my opinion) one hope is that the development of LFS have to accelerate.

Maybe i am just angry or dissapointed, really doesnot matter... I am feeling lot more better after this post :-)

Sry for my EN, hope u will get it . :-)
I`ve been on this road.It`s cool .

It would be a nice addition to LFS.
Quote from brandons48 :Racers suck!! :hide:

Only kidding... I am more of a drifter, but not one of the immature "I am better than everyone else!!!11!!" kind.

Quote from JPeace :

you suck.

Y'all Suck. Crusing ftw.

Yeah you know I'm kidding. anyone who plays/respects lfs is ftw. (Y)

btw... nice posting time.

Quote from Thread created : Today, 00:00

@dajmin - this track type races would be better suited for time trial events, just like rallying.

@BMB - as long as no other even comes close regarding the physics, i wouldn't worry about it
it would be really nice to have a long road like that. it would be revolutionary for all the cruise servers out there.

EDIT: all those demo carpark crash people would also have fun crashing each other off the edges!

off topic: bottom line, racers, drifters, and cruisers all suck. drag FTW!
don't worry folks, it's just a joke. everyone who even plays ROCKS! even demo people! maybe not crack users but oh well!
Yeah,that would be quite good.

Offtopic - nononono,racers,cruisers,drifters and draggers suck! CRASHING FTW!
That's very universal road, good for racing, drifting, cruising, dragging and crashing

The best driving road in the world - Transfagarasan! (Romania)
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG