The online racing simulator
Skin Compition. Ends 12/31/2009
(104 posts, started )
ok skinners I'm looking to do a compition where a skinner can post a skin they make for me. The Winner(s) will recive S2 or £24.
NOTE: In order to get the S2 you must be S1 or demo. S2 winner(s) will get £24.

Requirments
XRG, XRT, XRR - Skin one or all three.
Email or Paypal Account - to recive winnings

The Text to be on the skin.
1)JohnnyLightning or B. Reisen w/ the USA Flag.
2)Redemption or Damnation? The Choice is Yours to Make!

Images
1) my avatar (in attachments)
2) Johnny Lightning Logo

Paint Scheme
Any Paint Scheme You think would look good with the above images. (hint: I would look at www.johnnylightning.com at the cars for a idea.)

Compition Ends on December 31st, 2009 at 11:59pm PST

Category's
Group
XRR
XRT
XRG

A winner from each catgory will be choosen. You only can win once.

Members that have entered the contest.
tibone - Group
Yuri Laszlo - Group
Bmxtwins - XRG & XRT
brondons48 - XRT
daloonie - XRT
roadrash17 -XRT
tiptop2 - XRR
Mustangman759 - XRR
Attached images
JLavatar.jpg
#2 - macsy
Generous prices, man. Too bad I'm not home at the moment so I could participate. Right now I lack a proper computer and software to do skinning..
I will try to make one when I arrive at home.
nice one johnnylightning

great chance for demo users to get S2
I'm also looking for a skinner good skinner to help me start up a new team. I'm working on getting officaly spounsered by Johnny Lightning or Hot Wheels. For more info look at this THREAD.
This Compotion is still on if anyone wishes to take part.

The Best XRG, XRT, and XRR will be chosen and teh make will other get an S2 voucher or £24.

The members here will chose the winner.
Ok, here's a entry.
Nothing fantastic, but clean and sleek, imho.
Attached images
jlightning.png
Do you want headlights? Any specific manufacturer?
nice entry tibone think ill start working on one
Here's mine. It can easily be edited so let me know if there's anything that needs to be added/ fixed. Also do you have a layered version of the Johnny Lightning logo (not JL).. the 1 you provided is pretty low res. Also the Redemption or Damnation ? thing is on the back of the car. If u need me to add a grille/headlights or number plate let me know.

Sorry that the pic is low quality.
Attached images
JLightningskin.jpg
Quote from tibone :Ok, here's a entry.
Nothing fantastic, but clean and sleek, imho.

Quote from Bmxtwins :Here's mine. It can easily be edited so let me know if there's anything that needs to be added/ fixed. Also do you have a layered version of the Johnny Lightning logo (not JL).. the 1 you provided is pretty low res. Also the Redemption or Damnation ? thing is on the back of the car. If u need me to add a grille/headlights or number plate let me know.

Sorry that the pic is low quality.

Nice job guys.

BMX if you can come up with a number plate with B. Reisen at the top that would be great. As for the Johnny Lightning Logo the only thing I can say is I'll try to google a better Logo for you.

Edit: Hows This one. Hope this works for you

Unfortonately all of those leave a terrible sloppy edge when trying to magic wand it.... anyways Ill need an idea of what type of number plate.
Quote from Bmxtwins :Unfortonately all of those leave a terrible sloppy edge when trying to magic wand it.... anyways Ill need an idea of what type of number plate.

Lol, Don't use the magic wand on a Vector :P and IF you use the magic wand, leave the edge like 0.5 pixels, so you get a blurred edge, and not a jagged edge (^_^)
Unfortonately I don't use photoshop, PSP7
Update... also the Grey box in the left hand corner of the car isnt on the actual skin.. while cropping the picture (zoom) i accidentaly left my magnifiying glass on the car lol..

Update: #'s (And bonnet #), Johnny Lightning logo.
resized some things....

Do you want headlights or not???

EDIT: Johnny Lightning logo in left hand has the red faded incase your wondering... looks dark because of the shadow..
Attached images
JLightningNEW.jpg
I'm working on one for ya JL
Attached images
JLpreview.jpg
nice job brandons48
What else would you like done to it? - sponsors etc.?
Wondering the same here. Johnny do you want any thing else added? I can add headlights logos.. i can change the numberplate if you want. And more just tell me what you need..
to me tibones still got the lead just has a nice flow
@tibone: Nice Job keep up the good work. I hope you will not be the only entry to do all three though lol

@Bmxtwins: Nice Job so far but as for the number plate brondons48 got what I want. For Head lights maybe if you can find them its call sleepy eyes. Last I knew they were included in the XRT kit that Fredrik Sorlie made. It was titled XRT_FSR_Temp01.psd. psd files work good with Gimp as well incase you didn't know.

@brondons48: Nice Job keep up the good work as for sponsors Thats Up to you. Keep in mind that most members I'm looking to get will be Drift members so maybe that can help you out with sponsor ideas.

I also updated my original post so all entrys know what category's are they able to get into.
Well, i tried to fullfill the request, if you want, i can change the number plates to something else, i used the rounded ones to give a more "vintage-ish" look to the skin.

Also, i can add some sponsor logos, if you feel like it.
Quote from tibone :Well, i tried to fullfill the request, if you want, i can change the number plates to something else, i used the rounded ones to give a more "vintage-ish" look to the skin.

Also, i can add some sponsor logos, if you feel like it.

To be honest tibone I like your's the most. You did a very good job and is one of the best I seen so far.

If you want you can add a few small decals
Well Bro so far you got three good entrys. I hope you get some more though.
-
(Mustangman759) DELETED by Mustangman759 : asshole bmxtwins forgets to log me out AGAIN

(104 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG