DTM meets Super GT
(17 posts, started )
DTM meets Super GT
Los organizadores del DTM alemán, ITR, y del SuperGT japonés, GT-A, habían comenzado conversaciones con el fin de crear un reglamento conjunto para, mínimo, 2011 que permitiría el uso de los vehículos japoneses en el campeonato alemán y viceversa.

Translation:

DTM, ITR and japanese SuperGT GT-A started conversations with the goal of creating a common rule set, for, minimum, 2011, which would enable the use of japanese cars in the german series and vice versa.

So far, Super GTs are around 7 secs per lap faster, so some adjustments are in order.

In my opinion both series are awesome and would love to see Audis and Mercs Vs NSX and 370zs and alike

More info (in spanish):

http://www.racingpasion.com/dt ... us-planes-de-colaboracion
ruined a descent touring car series there, turned it into yet another pointless gt series
Quote from trebor901 :ruined a descent touring car series there, turned it into yet another pointless gt series

Have you even seen GT series? they provide more wheel to wheel action than DTM does on a full season!

Im all in for it
Well then I'm in hope that they'll finally change the name to what they really are...

DGTM
#6 - samjh
Quote from three_jump :Well then I'm in hope that they'll finally change the name to what they really are...

DGTM

Nein.

AGTM: Axis Grand Touring Masters.

Sorry...
Quote from samjh :Nein.

AGTM: Axis Grant Touring Masters.

Sorry...

hahahahaha good one
DTM should be renamed to DPDWSFAM (Deutsche Prototypen-die-wie-SerienFahrzeuge-aussehen Masters)

I hope they change it towards the Super GT rules, so that the I-build-a-prototyp-that-looks-somewhat-similar-to-a-production-car mentality has to change.
Quote from ACCAkut :DTM should be renamed to DPDWSFAM (Deutsche Prototypen-die-wie-SerienFahrzeuge-aussehen Masters)

I hope they change it towards the Super GT rules, so that the I-build-a-prototyp-that-looks-somewhat-similar-to-a-production-car mentality has to change.

what, and turn it to a looks like a lemans racer but tries to be a production car too?
#11 - JCTK
Quote from ACCAkut :DTM should be renamed to DPDWSFAM (Deutsche Prototypen-die-wie-SerienFahrzeuge-aussehen Masters)

both DTM and Super GT are based on the I-build-a-prototyp-that-looks-somewhat-similar-to-a-production-car mentality... so...
yeah, I thought that SuperGT cars must still use the production cars shell (somewhere under all that carbon), but I was wrong, that was some years ago
Super GT cars have way more downforce than those DTM "tourers"...I think.
DTM cars produce much more downforce, but Super GT cars are more powerful (from what I remember).
Not really. It depends on the category. GT500 cars are more powerful than DTM cars, but GT300 cars are not.
May be PCWM
Production Car World Master
Quote from JackDaMaster :DTM cars produce much more downforce, but Super GT cars are more powerful (from what I remember).

Super GT pull nearly LMP levels of downforce(there faster then FIA GT1 with 100hp less).

Super GT cars have 500BHP and a DTM car has about 460BHP.

DTM meets Super GT
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG