The online racing simulator
Shadow Problem
(7 posts, started )
Shadow Problem
I've had a quick search but couldn't find anything.

When I turn low res shadows on I get a shadow line that rotates around the car depending on the suns direction. When I put the high res shadow on I get a large square.
This happens on all cars, on all tracks.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks
Attached images
Screen shot 2009-12-13 at 13.45.12.png
Screen shot 2009-12-13 at 13.46.07.png
Screen shot 2009-12-13 at 13.46.14.png
Have you tried using the "alternate" shadow generation (Options > Misc) yet? If that doesn't work, maybe updating your GFX card drivers will.

However, since you're using Crossover/Wine it might simply be that it doesn't support certain GFX functions correctly. Maybe a newer version of that helps, maybe not.
I switched to "alternate" shadow generation, the low res shadow now looks like it should. The high res shadow still has the very dark shadow underneath it, but it is better than before.

Thanks for your help
i think first need to go windws?
Quote from Gegry1992 :i think first need to go windws?

If I wanted a PC thats crashes every 10 minutes I would. Been there, had Windows, Mac is much easier to use and more reliable.
I guess the last Windows you used was Win98 or ME? Crashing is pretty much non-existent since the NT/XP era
That said, suggesting to change OS as solution to the problem is quite useless, I agree.
It was an XP powered laptop. The OS wasn't great and did crash quite often, I regularly updated it but it didn't improve. The lack of RAM was a real killer as well, which may have contributed to the overall 'crapness'.

Shadow Problem
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG