The online racing simulator
LFS wont work... [Could not detect any suitable screen modes]
I have tried to run both the lfs.exe and the skin viewer.exe and they both bring up the same error

"Could not detect any suitable screen modes"

I am usuing vmware and i have 2 screens. But other than that I dont know what the case could be. My graphics card it says is SVGA II.

If anyone could help that would be great.

~R3B3lRac3R
you need a real video card capable of D3D in order to play LFS.
Well I do have a real one but I am on a VMware session... I have a Geforce 9800 GT 2 of them.
I'd guess you have to install the nVidia GFX drivers on the VMWare Windows image, too.
kk ill try it
Quote from AndroidXP :I'd guess you have to install the nVidia GFX drivers on the VMWare Windows image, too.

it doesn't work that way. vmware is basically a container with virtual hardware. the vmware machines don't even see the real hardware.
Hmm, ok. Well, if the driver for the virtual graphics card doesn't report any screen modes then running LFS on it might simply not be possible at all.
VMWare has some experimental support for D3D acceleration if the guest OS is windows. For more info how to enable it check this. LFS should launch correctly then, but I think it will be nowhere near to being playable. BTW there is a special windows driver for the video adapter emulated by VMWare, make sure you have that installed in your virtual machine.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG