The online racing simulator
Quote from Breizh :Have you gotten in touch with the devs?

Not car-wise, I only hepled vic a bit with the lfsworld design
But once there are editors available, I will add that RAR
I like RAR very much but I think devs don't have permission to modify RA because it's a real car.
That bunny looks like it begging mercy from that whos holding it "Dont eat me!!"
Orion, they explicitely dismissed possibility of making it themselves?

NZ, why would that be a problem?
Quote from _--NZ--_[HUN] :I like RAR very much but I think devs don't have permission to modify RA because it's a real car.

RAR... funny name for a car. RAAAARRRRRRRRRR....
Quote from Breizh :Orion, they explicitely dismissed possibility of making it themselves?

NZ, why would that be a problem?

RA is not their car, so I assume that they don't have permission to modify it.
Quote from _--NZ--_[HUN] :RA is not their car, so I assume that they don't have permission to modify it.

That isn't something that can't be resolved. A few phonecalls etc. There's obviously a relationship between the car manufacturer and the LFS devs, or the car wouldn't be in LFS to start with. Orion's concept is a fine piece of work, but Orion isn't one of the devs, and there's the separation that I see between the RAC and the RAR in LFS.
Quote :I could arrange 3 lima beans in the shape of a triangle, and it would still be more impressive than what you have to say in every one of your posts.....

depends on your type of triangle.

They already released a suprise, didn't they? Did any1 expect a tyre sidewall? As far as I have seen, no.

Quote :RAR... funny name for a car. RAAAARRRRRRRRRR....

lol. :banana:
RAR= Lotus Exige/ Mclaren F1. Look at the simialarities
Quote from SamH :That isn't something that can't be resolved. A few phonecalls etc. There's obviously a relationship between the car manufacturer and the LFS devs, or the car wouldn't be in LFS to start with. Orion's concept is a fine piece of work, but Orion isn't one of the devs, and there's the separation that I see between the RAC and the RAR in LFS.

I hope devs can persuade them, but we don't know the devs opinion about this.
Quote from Rappa Z :RAR= Lotus Exige/ Mclaren F1. Look at the simialarities

Well, we know that it's NOT based on the Exige because we can see how it's progressed from the RaceAbout, but you're quite right about there being similarities. I can see quite a bit of McLaren F1 in there too. In fact, there are lots of others I can see similarities with. All of which says, to me, that it's a perfect candidate for a GTR in LFS.
Quote :Originally Posted by SamH
That isn't something that can't be resolved. A few phonecalls etc. There's obviously a relationship between the car manufacturer and the LFS devs, or the car wouldn't be in LFS to start with. Orion's concept is a fine piece of work, but Orion isn't one of the devs, and there's the separation that I see between the RAC and the RAR in LFS.

The RAR is perfect. I don't drive a Rac because the rear looks like crap. With orionms car i'll that a different veiw. It looks like a le mans car.
Quote from SamH :That isn't something that can't be resolved. A few phonecalls etc. There's obviously a relationship between the car manufacturer and the LFS devs, or the car wouldn't be in LFS to start with. Orion's concept is a fine piece of work, but Orion isn't one of the devs, and there's the separation that I see between the RAC and the RAR in LFS.

The RAC doesn't have a real manufacturer. It's just a concept car designed by the Helsinki Polytechnic school. You probably knew this already? Actually because of this it would be much easier to get a permission to make a gtr version.
Quote from _--NZ--_[HUN] :I hope devs can persuade them, but we don't know the devs opinion about this.

It would definitely get my vote too! But.. oh bugger.. I'm not a dev either ::sigh::

Well, we can dream, can't we?
Quote from Rappa Z :I don't drive a Rac because the rear looks like crap.

:doh:
Quote :The RAC doesn't have a real manufacturer. It's just a concept car designed by the Helsinki Polytechnic school. You probably knew this already? Actually because of this it would be much easier to get a permission to make a gtr version.

Woohooo
Quote from deggis :The RAC doesn't have a real manufacturer. It's just a concept car designed by the Helsinki Polytechnic school. You probably knew this already?

Actually, nope! I didn't know! I thought it WAS a real car. I coulda sworn it was, in fact. I was fooled by the website, which talks about it as if it were something you could order - http://www.raceabout.fi/index_3.html
Quote from deggis :Actually because of this it would be much easier to get a permission to make a gtr version.

Yummy!
Quote from Madman_CZ :YES.. even though after i would feel stupid for checking..!!! think it will be a 7 day update which means Monday.. on the 7th day we get the patch (wishful thinking)

i think it sunday will be the day the devs resurrect lfs with a patch ... i mean look at scawen ... its obviously sunday
So, does anyone disagree the RAR would be a kickass new GTR for LFS?
Quote from Shotglass :i think it sunday will be the day the devs resurrect lfs with a patch ... i mean look at scawen ... its obviously sunday

On the 7th day, God rested (after releasing the patch!!!!)
are that new tyre physics improvements gonna kill drifting. Drift is hard to do with existing tyre physics.I think we need "drift tyres" or we can drift 2 corners with new patch.
Don't take this the wrong way, but drifting is a walk in the park with the current physics.
Real drifting doesn't exactly nurse tire lifetime either.
Quote from SamH :On the 7th day, God rested (after releasing the patch!!!!)

yes.. but he gave the patch over a week's time
... There is so much talk of this ' Just one more thing ' that the devs are ment to pull out of there ... hat ... and if this is true, then there are three things that I would love to see, an improvement to the gird to 22 race cars, and 2 spare cars (Like Safty Cars), night time tracks, and out sim to give us all the engine's RPM. This is what we are likey to get tho, New Aston Track Configs, Night Time Races, and ... A New Car! (That's what I think anyway).

Well, can't wait to see what the next update it, but even more then that, I want to race the new patch, for get all of this update nonsense, stop teasing me with it. It's simply crule.
This is no drifting simulation. By the fact that you can drift in real life, you will be able to drift in LFS. If you can't handle it... go play trackmania.
This thread is closed

LFS.net has an update!!!
(2159 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG