The online racing simulator
Quote from farcar :And the amount of flex on the chassis is quite amazing considering how stiff F1 cars are. Or the Jaguar might have just been crap.

The flex, I think, varies from track to track config. On Monaco they allow a lot of flexibility to the chassis because the track is so twisty, but on something like Monza (lots of straights) they use a much more rigid chassis. I think.
Can you take mine away, i am dreading the new Aston combo with this tire fix too, i will be ragging the arse off the XFR round it...talking to a person with almost 3000 racing laps on Aston club/XFR combo illepall
Quote :seems as if you take this game too seriously. You realise this wont get you anywhere, and that this is only a GAME. Yes, people call it a sim, but in general it is a videogame.

If only we could take away your internet connection

that wouldn't help. I discovered that driving cockpit with manual and no info is amazing. I could go for hrs. just looking at the realism of driving cockpit with manual and no info. It doesn't effect my grades so i don't really care.

once the swimming season starts up i'm gonna be on hlaf as much or be on just about as much as a regular.
rodillo en la estación de la natación
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Aston Cadet Historic (my fav) i would love this track if they made it, obviously think of a better name than i did.

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/728/ascadhis3cp.jpg

EDIT: Look at WTCC for examples of very over powered FWD cars, not sure how many there are now but the Alfas were. (i aint up to date with the new season) Also with the tire improvements they wouldn't be much harder than the XFR currently is to drive.

I just want something to match BTCC cars...which is basically the fxo with slickmod :P

Nice Work!

I reckon AS historic would suit a V8 Supercar type racer with it's fast back section. They have some big crashes too:
Video

And, some funny ones:
Video
Posibly already been posted about, but does anyone realise there are light poles with lights on them on the side of the track?

Nightime Racing Anyone? The looks of this it will be last patch before S3
Quote from necrodon :Posibly already been posted about, but does anyone realise there are light poles with lights on them on the side of the track?

Yeah that got a few people excited a few pages back. Others suggested it was just to add more peripheral detail to improve the sensation of speed. Maybe one, maybe the other, we'll see
night racing...night racing...night racing...night racing...night racing...night racing...night racing...night racing...night racing...night racing...night racing...night racing...night racing...night racing...night racing...night racing...night racing...night racing...night racing...night racing...night racing...night racing...night racing...night racing...night racing...night racing...night racing...night racing...night racing...night racing...night racing...night racing...night racing...night racing...night racing...night racing...night racing.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Yeah that got a few people excited a few pages back. Others suggested it was just to add more peripheral detail to improve the sensation of speed. Maybe one, maybe the other, we'll see

Well night racing will give an even better peripheral detail :-) but if they are doing this we need try headlights and headlights that will remain on after you press the key.
Quote from Shotglass :i think theyll have more grip at low speed so the tyres wont spin anymore on those low powered fwds

Say what? The FWD tires will definitely still spin if you redline and drop the clutch. The question isn't if they will spin but what happens when they DO spin. Fast starts like now or slower acceleration.
Quote from necrodon :Well night racing will give an even better peripheral detail :-) but if they are doing this we need try headlights and headlights that will remain on after you press the key.

And there is the problem: Having a pair of headlights on every car that actually cast cones of light. It doesn't look like LFS' engine does dynamic lighting yet (try switching your headlamps on - no light emitted) and I think it would be a big job to include it, which is why I don't think night racing is coming in this patch.
About the latest pic of the fxor and its wheels .. i noticed there was an discussion wether it said turbo, turro, etc ...

did you notice there's a pic of a bull on the skin? :detective

afaik there's only one r in toro .. but still? anyone from spain around?
Quote from felplacerad :About the latest pic of the fxor and its wheels .. i noticed there was an discussion wether it said turbo, turro, etc ...

did you notice there's a pic of a bull on the skin? :detective

The sponsor "Bovinium" suggests some sort of cow product too. Quite what I don't know!

Quote from felplacerad : afaik there's only one r in toro .. but still? anyone from spain around?

Maybe it's Burro? Donkey tyres? Hey if they've got a car that runs on cow, why not donkey tyres. Clearly they've lost it a bit with all this heavy development they've been doing. illepall
Ummm, a stock 2004 honda accord (160HP I-4) can spin the front tires pretty easily on dry pavement! Believe me!!!!!111oneoneoneeleven!!111
Better tire physics is well worth the price of admission, in my book.
Quote from thisnameistaken :And there is the problem: Having a pair of headlights on every car that actually cast cones of light. It doesn't look like LFS' engine does dynamic lighting yet (try switching your headlamps on - no light emitted) and I think it would be a big job to include it, which is why I don't think night racing is coming in this patch.

Yes I know about the non casting headlamps, but the physics engine has take a big over haul, anyway, we can wait and see, would be nice to have it, but I am easily satisfied.
Quote from Flycantbird :Better tire physics is well worth the price of admission, in my book.

totally agree with you.
Quote from molocco :the track in that btcc video is also a very tough one to drive, very narrow and very fast, but a lot of fun. drove it a lot in race driver...

peace mo

going back a page.....just to let you know that was at least 4 tracks, i spotted brands hatch (dingle dell chicane), snetterton, donington and thruxton. Race driver must have badly modeled the tracks lol.
Quote from robt :going back a page.....just to let you know that was at least 4 tracks, i spotted brands hatch (dingle dell chicane), snetterton, donington and thruxton. Race driver must have badly modeled the tracks lol.

Yeh just past mid point the Renault spinning is on the back section of Thruxton, which is my local track and one of the fastest in the UK...you don't want to crash where that car did :P I have seen a car hit one of those marshall walls before, ouch.

And that was the 90s Donnington layout, they had not moved the barrier back when the volvo hit it...now its moved back, so that volvo would of just slid down the hill.

EDIT: on my Cadet Historic track you would need an edited pit complex really to make it work so it probably wouldn't happen...would be nice though
whoa that raceabout looks awsome. i would like to see that car in real life. it looks like something u'd see in super gt.
I doubt they will do night racing, they would need to make entirely new textures and lighting models to make it look realistic, then they would need to think about things like headlights breaking in a crash and also keeping the frame rate.

My list of things i would like/or predict the suprise to be:

Glowing Brake Discs
Bumpers falling off
Mechanical Failures
Varied Grip on track (racing line/loose rubber on outside)
More Balanced classes
New Car
Quote from Marty502 :The flex, I think, varies from track to track config. On Monaco they allow a lot of flexibility to the chassis because the track is so twisty, but on something like Monza (lots of straights) they use a much more rigid chassis. I think.

Uh, no.
They always want the CAR as stiff as possible. They reset the suspension stiffness depending on the track. Monaco calls for lots of mechanical grip because of all the slow, slow speed corners. Therefore, the suspensions will have a bit more give in them than normal. For F1, it ain't much give, but it is there.

If the frame flexes, you can't control how the car is going to react. A stiff frame is predictable and you can use tire pressures and suspension settings to control how the car drives. It is one reason why convertable cars are not usually all that good for racing. Without the roof, the frame is just not as stiff (in general).
So in answer to someones question, yes the Jag sucked mainly for the reason that it had a poor chassis...although if thats the corner i think it is, i would love to see a car without a bent chassis going in there flat out, but then again i would love to see a pig fly

It would be awesome to see a mega super duper slow motion shot of an F1 car through there.
This thread is closed

LFS.net has an update!!!
(2159 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG