The online racing simulator
Quote from BlueSkunk :with these physics changes, does that mean that all records and hotlaps will be erased?

That's apparently what normally happens, yep.
There's more to life than WRs and hotlaps anyway. :P
Quote from BlueSkunk :with these physics changes, does that mean that all records and hotlaps will be erased?

if the cars are faster, it will be erased automatically
Quote from deggis :I'll bet large amount of drifters will not be happy with the new physics because they hopefully can't do drifting anymore in totally unrealistic angles with unrealistically low grip. Drifting is good prove of the physics engine but I'm not really sure is this "drifting simulation" reputation good for LFS. Hopefully that will change after the patch.

i can completely doubt that. Those with skill will easily adjust. We did from S1 to S2, which is even a bigger change. So, i wouldnt keep your hopes up.
I really don't think the guys are gonna keep updating like this for more than 7-10 days. I know it's a big patch, but it's quite limited how many new features they can keep revealing.
Quote from Vendetta :i can completely doubt that. Those with skill will easily adjust. We did from S1 to S2, which is even a bigger change. So, i wouldnt keep your hopes up.

Not that I know anything about drifting but: I agree. I took a "drift" setup from someone a while back when the RTDC thing was starting, and it was so loose it was silly. That amount of tail-happiness isn't even remotely necessary!
here's a real life tyre deforming:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dj66Igz5Y8

and this video is "nothing" compared to a picture i saw of a F1 car with slicks doing a corner! to bad i cant find it..... but the inside back tyre was way way more bended than that picture with the green fxr
Quote from cannonfodder :There's more to life than WRs and hotlaps anyway. :P

Yeah. PBs
Quote from spyshagg :here's a real life tyre deforming:

and this video is "nothing" compared to a picture i saw of a F1 car with slicks doing a corner! to bad i cant find it..... but the inside back tyre was way way more bended than that picture with the green fxr

That looked like the tyre was WELL on its way OFF the rim before the internal pressure won over the lateral G. A little more lateral G and it looked to me like it woulda let go.
#760 - OPK
Quote from spyshagg :here's a real life tyre deforming:

Thanks for that one!
I have this one in hi res on my PC, and was just about to upload it ^^
Very good example indeed!
LX's headlights still floating in mid-air, hehe
Quote from felplacerad :LX's headlights still floating in mid-air, hehe

it's a bit of a shame we still see some floating parts on some cars
Quote from Darkone55 :http://www.cyxian.nl/screens/Irvine.jpg

thats the one!!!!!!!!!!!
unbelievable the ammount of Grip those formulas put on the asphalt! look at that! for the driver it must feel he's on Rails (like most arcade games, as strange as it sounds)

thank you thank you thank you....

new wallpaper
Quote from SchneeFee :how about this one:

Cool one but I still prefer the one I posted. Being my car might have something to do hehe . Now I can say I have a DTM and a 2006 FXR lol
We are in holidays in Spain this week, so I could earn a little money fixing some computers and I know now where it all is going to be spent in: DFP + S2Alpha once the patch comes out. Shame I have exams in 2 months time.
Quote :We are in holidays in Spain this week, so I could earn a little money fixing some computers and I know now where it all is going to be spent in: DFP + S2Alpha once the patch comes out. Shame I have exams in 2 months time.

Do u study? I get straight a's no studing. I'm gifted.:banana:
i dont give a rats ass you get straight a's. Youve said it like 5 times in this thread. I think going outside could do you some good.
naa. i'm waiting 4 my pizza. My friend started playin' lfs and his average dropped 10 pts. since he started.
Quote from Rappa Z :I'm gifted at spamming.

Fixed it for you.
i don't know how to spam, check me age.
@STROBE:
@Rappa Z: Try to impress real friends, if you have those.
@Topic:
What is there to be announced beside the new Aston Config? Perhaps a new car model (rumour had it that Eric worked on the RB4) or new GTR-interiors. Any more ideas?

Vain
This thread is closed

LFS.net has an update!!!
(2159 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG