The online racing simulator
#1 - maczo
Server-dependent trackside banners
I don't know if this had been proposed, but I see it's not mentioned in the "Improvement Suggestions Log".
After a short talk with a potential sponsor* for my yet non-existent team, I came to the conclusion that it would be very nice to have the option to set a custom banner for a specific server. This could work like skin auto-download now (although the banners could be downloadable straight from the server to save space & bandwidth on LFSW). The custom banners would replace those of fictional companies that we have now. This option could help teams find sponsors, who would pay for the server, because anyone joining the server would see the advertisement (no team members with flashy skins required ). Therefore more quality servers could be available to the community. What do you think?

* - that would be my mom, actually She sells motor oil, so she's sort of "in the business"
#2 - Woz
Quote from maczo :I don't know if this had been proposed, but I see it's not mentioned in the "Improvement Suggestions Log".
After a short talk with a potential sponsor* for my yet non-existent team, I came to the conclusion that it would be very nice to have the option to set a custom banner for a specific server. This could work like skin auto-download now (although the banners could be downloadable straight from the server to save space & bandwidth on LFSW). The custom banners would replace those of fictional companies that we have now. This option could help teams find sponsors, who would pay for the server, because anyone joining the server would see the advertisement (no team members with flashy skins required ). Therefore more quality servers could be available to the community. What do you think?

* - that would be my mom, actually She sells motor oil, so she's sort of "in the business"

I doubt you will be able to. I think the advertising deals done with current advertisers would stop this. If ever server could put up own adverts then the companies that have paid LFS team for slots will not get their money worth.
#3 - Chaos
Yup I have suggested this before> link
I don't see a problem with current advertisements.. imo its not a problem to add a few advertising places on the tracks which would be skinable...
#4 - maczo
"current advertisers" ? that's Castrol and...?
There is a database being built for this kind of thing for game developers to use. I don't know much about it but it would allow to dynamically change a banner in a game remotely without having to change the game, like what you guys want. I think it's a good idea.
#6 - Swat
in real life racing cars have there sponser's advertisements on them, whats wrong with it here? illepall
if u really wanted sponsors of the cars we could put team trucks near the pits to make it look like the cars were delivered in these and then put the advertisements for companys on the trailers, of course this all depends on what the Devs think

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG